Is Shadowrun really a lowly 6.9?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lunar_KnighT11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Lunar_KnighT11
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I'm kinda surprised at the score but I'm still interested by this ame, so to the people who have it, is it actually better than that? Or does it actually deseve a pretty bad score?
bigpeternelson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#2 bigpeternelson
Member since 2004 • 2003 Posts
Could you really not look in one of the other topics like this? There are many..and to someone who owns the game it is very fun, I like it online far more then geow, and would say buy it. However the review was very accurate in it's own right, all the things it complained about are annoying, but not so much that I don't enjoy the game.
DataDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 DataDream
Member since 2004 • 3195 Posts

Most people who own the game love it and think it should be about an 8/10.  Those who are totally hating on thsi game have either not played it or have only played it so briefly at a friends house that they really have no idea what they're talking about.  There will be a few who legitimately took the time to learn the game (about 2 hours or more) who don't like it but they are the minority of owners.  Be aware that most the people who are posting negative thoughts about the game haven't played it long enough to have a valid opinion on the game.  Again - I say most, not all.

:)

bigpeternelson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#4 bigpeternelson
Member since 2004 • 2003 Posts

Most people who own the game love it and think it should be about an 8/10. Those who are totally hating on thsi game have either not played it or have only played it so briefly at a friends house that they really have no idea what they're talking about. There will be a few who legitimately took the time to learn the game (about 2 hours or more) who don't like it but they are the minority of owners. Be aware that most the people who are posting negative thoughts about the game haven't played it long enough to have a valid opinion on the game. Again - I say most, not all.

DataDream

8/10 is way to high for the game, the score is good, though I would've liked a 7.3/7.4 ish. But everything or almost everything in the review is justified, it's just that score does not mean that it isn't fun.....just that it has a few problems.

julianwelton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 julianwelton
Member since 2006 • 2526 Posts
No it deserves a much higher score if you read the review on GS they penalized it for not having a SP story and for not using the Shadowrun name better i dont know why GS couldnt see it for what it is its the first of its kind an MP only game and as for the Shadowrun name they wanted to use the settings and character design i dont see whats wrong with that.
DataDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DataDream
Member since 2004 • 3195 Posts
[QUOTE="DataDream"]

Most people who own the game love it and think it should be about an 8/10. Those who are totally hating on thsi game have either not played it or have only played it so briefly at a friends house that they really have no idea what they're talking about. There will be a few who legitimately took the time to learn the game (about 2 hours or more) who don't like it but they are the minority of owners. Be aware that most the people who are posting negative thoughts about the game haven't played it long enough to have a valid opinion on the game. Again - I say most, not all.

bigpeternelson

8/10 is way to high for the game, the score is good, though I would've liked a 7.3/7.4 ish. But everything or almost everything in the review is justified, it's just that score does not mean that it isn't fun.....just that it has a few problems.

I agree with you - I'm a graphics whore so I would probably put it in the high 7's as well - but most of the owners just absolutely love it and many even think it's better than GeOW or Halo3 (beta) - I will point out that I wouldn't go that far, but many people REALLY like it allot.

Me - I think it's a very good game - not great, but very good - just because all of the new techniques implemented in an FPS are fun and refreshing.

ninjaxams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 ninjaxams
Member since 2004 • 7500 Posts
Its a great game. I would have scored it a 8.2 or so. Its really cut into my COD3 time if that tells ya anything:)
sadikovic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sadikovic
Member since 2004 • 3868 Posts

I say it should get a 8.5/8.9, mainly because its fun interesting and just fun. I wonder if games can be reviewed on just if they are fun and worth it.

Because a lot of games get put down in reviews because they dont have this or that they should review what it has and how good it does it. And shadowrun does what it does extremely well it really isnt a game you should punih just because it uses a name of a game that has almost no relevence to it otherwise your just ignorant and your not review a game your bashing it.  

Grayden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Grayden
Member since 2003 • 3070 Posts
I am waiting for the demo to make my own conclusion about the game. I do trust GS reviewers most of the time but i think its always best to play the demo yourself before buying any game.
capthavic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#10 capthavic
Member since 2003 • 6478 Posts
I think its a great game that deserved at least an 7.5
Djmaster214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Djmaster214
Member since 2005 • 3240 Posts
well i wouldnt say sits the first of its kind being  only mp look at counter strike, no sp and got amazing scores
QUICKSHOT34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 QUICKSHOT34
Member since 2007 • 34 Posts
I don't know how the demo will do the game justice unless it takes you through training which i sriuosly doubt. It does have a stiff learning curve and definatly takes some time to learn the tech and magic. But once you do it is loads of fun .
angilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 angilk
Member since 2004 • 994 Posts

I say it should get a 8.5/8.9, mainly because its fun interesting and just fun. I wonder if games can be reviewed on just if they are fun and worth it.

Because a lot of games get put down in reviews because they dont have this or that they should review what it has and how good it does it. And shadowrun does what it does extremely well it really isnt a game you should punih just because it uses a name of a game that has almost no relevence to it otherwise your just ignorant and your not review a game your bashing it.

sadikovic

how is this game worth 60 dollars. when it is just mutli player. and only has 10 maps. this is a rip off. it would be better if they lower the price. to around 40 dollars. that will be more understandable. 

QUICKSHOT34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 QUICKSHOT34
Member since 2007 • 34 Posts
[QUOTE="sadikovic"]

I say it should get a 8.5/8.9, mainly because its fun interesting and just fun. I wonder if games can be reviewed on just if they are fun and worth it.

angilk

how is this game worth 60 dollars. when it is just mutli player. and only has 10 maps. this is a rip off. it would be better if they lower the price. to around 40 dollars. that will be more understandable. 

I know this will piss people off, but here it goes! WHAT MAKES GEARS WORTH $60? It's campagn sucked!!!! If it wasn't for achievment I wouldn't have played past act 2! This is a great MP game with plenty of fun achievments!
ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10652 Posts
I don't know how the demo will do the game justice unless it takes you through training which i sriuosly doubt. It does have a stiff learning curve and definatly takes some time to learn the tech and magic. But once you do it is loads of fun .QUICKSHOT34
now this is the best way 2 describe the game briefly, it's a fun game (a really fun game i might add) and the strategy of this game is remarkable. Some people says that this game surpass halo beta, but i believe that it does & don't in some points but the game is a really good game and i really enjoy this game, but by no means that i think this game should've got a 6.9. I always though that gamespot was kinda weird with their reviews (forza 2 getting a 9 in GRAPHICS??????!?!?!?!?!? the same rating they gave motorstorm in graphics and motorstorm looks alot better than forza 2 not 2 start a war just voicing an opinion) so I'll take gs review of this game with a grain of salt
Guru_G4M3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Guru_G4M3R
Member since 2007 • 512 Posts

Shadowrun is a fantastic game, but is seriously lacking content.

It is online only right, so why do we only have 9 maps and 3 gametypes that are extremely similar? This game could have easily been a high AA if it had: More maps (around 20 in total), lots of gametypes (around 10 in total), stat keeping (i.e. total kills, or games played.), and they could have created smoother, and more animations.

It deserves a 7.3 to be honest, but if they added those things I mentioned, this game would fly up to aroun 8.6/8.7

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#17 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
I give Jeff's review of Shadowrun a 4.5.  Greatest time I've had online with the 360 yet.  Just try the demo and make up your own mind.
IceSpitfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 IceSpitfire
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
Like i said in a previous thread, Jeff doesnt even have or had, becaus ei havent checked lately, the achievement for playing every map.....at least play every map in MULTIPLAYER ONLY GAME before reviewing it......
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 donalbane
Like i said in a previous thread, Jeff doesnt even have or had, becaus ei havent checked lately, the achievement for playing every map.....at least play every map in MULTIPLAYER ONLY GAME before reviewing it......IceSpitfire
Really? God I love the ability to call BS on people by checking their gamertag.  That's really helpful info dude... I'll be using that one when people talk smack abouty this terrific game.
c0mplex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 c0mplex
Member since 2002 • 15382 Posts
[QUOTE="angilk"][QUOTE="sadikovic"]

QUICKSHOT34

I know this will piss people off, but here it goes! WHAT MAKES GEARS WORTH $60? It's campagn sucked!!!! If it wasn't for achievment I wouldn't have played past act 2! This is a great MP game with plenty of fun achievments!

i thought the only thing that the amazing SP suffered from was that it was over too quickly.  its THE only X360 game that got the concepts of pick-up and play and co-op right.  even when you and you teammate were split... you were still working co-operatively. 

therapyhiccup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 therapyhiccup
Member since 2005 • 1800 Posts
it is a lot of fun mmhmm
Shrapnel99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Shrapnel99
Member since 2006 • 7143 Posts
*sigh* You have to remember, Gamespots ratings are based on one persons OPINION. If you want an accurate rating, look at the "you say" rating, thats based on a much larger group of people.
c0mplex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 c0mplex
Member since 2002 • 15382 Posts

Like i said in a previous thread, Jeff doesnt even have or had, becaus ei havent checked lately, the achievement for playing every map.....at least play every map in MULTIPLAYER ONLY GAME before reviewing it......IceSpitfire

isn't it possible that he played every map via private matches? 

Avatar image for -InsrtNameHere-
-InsrtNameHere-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#24 -InsrtNameHere-
Member since 2005 • 2981 Posts
I'm kinda surprised at the score but I'm still interested by this ame, so to the people who have it, is it actually better than that? Or does it actually deseve a pretty bad score?Lunar_KnighT11
Deserves atleast an 8 The gameplay is just that insanely good and inovative
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 donalbane

[QUOTE="IceSpitfire"]Like i said in a previous thread, Jeff doesnt even have or had, becaus ei havent checked lately, the achievement for playing every map.....at least play every map in MULTIPLAYER ONLY GAME before reviewing it......c0mplex

isn't it possible that he played every map via private matches? 

Possible?  Sure.   Likely?  F*** No!
jacksheets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jacksheets
Member since 2005 • 1747 Posts

From someone who loves the game, I'm worried that people will be turned off by the demo considering they won't be walked through the tutorial missions which teach how how to properly use magic & techniques, as well as certain other intricacies that are covered in these missions.  If I would've jumped straight into the multiplayer the day I bought the game I would've been completely lost.

I felt the same way when I played the GRAW2 Demo.  I'd never played the franchise before and the demo doesn't give you any walkthroughs as far as the controls.  I was very turned off by the game until I bought the full version and properly learned how to play.

ihateyou_right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#27 ihateyou_right
Member since 2005 • 1295 Posts
Nope I love it and belive it should have scored higher but what are you gonna do eh, just take it as it is someone's opinion.
Prid3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#29 Prid3r
Member since 2004 • 8643 Posts
This game is awsome . If you like CS , go and buy this game .SO worth it . deserve , atleast, 8.0 in my book .
whizeguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 whizeguy
Member since 2003 • 688 Posts

Shadowrun is by no means perfect, but it is fun, and to me that's what counts. I see alot of room for the game to grow, I expect new modes and maps on down the line, and hopefully a patch soon to smooth out the connectivity and balancing issues.

(edit for spelling) 

alsha3er78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 alsha3er78
Member since 2005 • 812 Posts
I'm a little confused with this game.  is there a monthly fee that we have to pay after we buy it? 
chester706

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 chester706
Member since 2007 • 3856 Posts
 I give it a 8.8-9.1. Best multiplayer I have EVER played!!!!!
ninjaxams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33 ninjaxams
Member since 2004 • 7500 Posts

QUICKSHOT34

yeah, I always wonder the same thing. overated trash FTW!!!
jacksheets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 jacksheets

I'm a little confused with this game.  is there a monthly fee that we have to pay after we buy it?  alsha3er78

No dude.  Well... xbox live membership.

LUK3isH3RE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 LUK3isH3RE
Member since 2006 • 1492 Posts

I do think that GS reviews are often too harsh. They sometimes seem to focus too much on what a game DOESN'T do, rather than how fun it is.

DoctorBunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DoctorBunny
Member since 2005 • 2660 Posts
After playing this today, I have no idea how it got a 6.9. Should of had an 8. The most fun i've had with an online FPS in awhile, and very different from the cookie cutter ones i've been playing over and over
Justin021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Justin021
Member since 2005 • 63 Posts

QUICKSHOT34

I sort-of agree I liked the Gears single player though, but most people play it for the multiplayer though. so I agree that it is kind of the same concept

Private_Vegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Private_Vegas
Member since 2007 • 2783 Posts
I love Shadowrun. It's been one of the few games I've simple HAD TO HAVE! A few more maps and another gametype or two wouldn't hurt, but all in all it's a great gaming experience. It's a AAA in my books.
jacksheets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 jacksheets

If there were good enough downloadable content or patches for Shadowrun in the future (player skins, game modes, weapons, magic, etc) this could elevate into one of my favorite games of all time, and I'm 28 years old and have had just about every system since Intellevision & Atari days.

chester706

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 chester706
Member since 2007 • 3856 Posts
I love Shadowrun. It's been one of the few games I've simple HAD TO HAVE! A few more maps and another gametype or two wouldn't hurt, but all in all it's a great gaming experience. It's a AAA in my books.Private_Vegas
Same.