Is MS completely abandoning their core consumers?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bessy67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 bessy67
Member since 2007 • 1734 Posts

I've been wondering this for a while now. I think they've probably lost me, but do other people feel the same? They've completely abandoned first party exclusives, the very thing that made them the leader in this generation of consoles, to focus on gimmicky kinect and dashboard apps; things that I am not interested in at all. Why do I need ESPN on my xbox when I can just change my tv's input and watch it there? Most of the apps that they've put out are availiable on a plethora of other devices with better functionality. And while it showed promise, it's pretty obvious that kinect has just been turned into a gimmick. There are still only 3-4 good games for it and while kinect functionality in Mass Effect and Skyrim is kinda neat it really doesn't add anything that couldn't already be accomplished by a simple button press. Now at this E3 we see nothing new from MS. Sure, Halo 4 looks cool but it's the 4th Halo shooter on the Xbox 360. Same with the new Gears. So unless MS really shows me something before the launch of the next xbox, I'll probably be migrating to the next sony console. How do you all feel? Will you stay loyal to MS for the next console generation?

The_King82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 The_King82
Member since 2009 • 47 Posts

Seems like it.

Samslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#3 Samslayer
Member since 2005 • 1852 Posts

I understand, but MS is really pushing to be the supreme multimedia device. Simply playing games on the console does not equate to being the "all-in-one" box MS is aiming to be.

It is really disappointing to me just simply because I bought an xbox TO PLAY GAMES! They must think that the change is going to be profitable in the long-run, but, at least now, the xbox still has the stigma as a video game console and will typically only draw people that are interested in video games.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

Sony and Nintendo both have media on their consoles too.

bessy67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 bessy67

Sony and Nintendo both have media on their consoles too.

xhawk27

Yeah, but they're both pushing first party exclusive games, and MS really isn't. I mean, what's the last new IP that MS released? It's probably Gears of War or Alan Wake. There is nothing new from MS, just the same game with a bigger number at the end of the title.

Nicko2580

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Nicko2580
Member since 2012 • 76 Posts

I think I will give them the benefit of the doubt for the time being. MS have been a great company with great products for a long time. I think it's too early to say that they're abandoning all of us hardcore gamers. There's still going to be great games coming to Xbox this gen, and remember that basically nothing has been announced for Next Gen yet.

An all-in-on media device is a good business decision for them and once they've perfected it there is no reason that they won't start pushing 1st party exclusives again. I personally am quite happy about all the content that gets pushed through XBL these days and I'd like to see more, especially if it falls under my existing subscription.

Kinect I am not so sure about (haven't bought one), but like that article on GS said; it needs to come included with the 720, it needs to be HD and there need to be some damn good games released for it.

kiddoom93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 kiddoom93
Member since 2006 • 838 Posts

Halo 4 is the only reason I'm not completely abandoning this sinking ship of a console but once I've had my time with it it's going to be adios more than likely. Halo will be missed but I don't feel why I should spend my cash on paying £3-400 on a brand new console just to play a new Halo every couple of years. When I saw the new Gears of War I just knew they are at a dead end with this console and probably the Xbox as a whole idea the fact that they are needing to make prequels of game to fill the gaps until their sequels instead of making brand new IP's is terrible.

Avatar image for Keepitoldschool
Keepitoldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Keepitoldschool
Member since 2012 • 143 Posts
I agree while Alan wake, odst, fable 2, gears as exclusive games that were great of the top of my head (truth br told ere cant be that many if i cant think of them allrit now) there just weren't enough of them!! But as a multiplatform games console I was still pretty happy with it I will definitely buy a 720 when it comes out but for the remainder of this generation I feel I going to be playing as many jrpgs as I can on the ps3.
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Is?

Has. Did.

bessy67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 bessy67

It just seems like MS fixates on industry leaders and attempts to copy them. They copied Nintendo on the causal, motion controlled games and now it seems like they're trying to copy apple (or maybe nintendo again) with the whole smart glass thing. They've added so many apps that their average customer will never use, because most people buy a console to play games. Sure, netflix and a bunch of the other apps are nice, but my TV and blu-ray player also have many of the same apps with better functionality. It's just sad that they don't realize that they got their lead over PS3 because early on, xbox 360 is where the games were. Now PS3 has closed the gap significantly, and if MS continues this way I think they'll find themselves back in third place in the next generation.

skooks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 skooks
Member since 2006 • 1411 Posts

It seems that way. They seem more focused than ever on making the ultimate media machine. I know Sony and Nintendo have the same sort of things going on in the way of apps, tv etc, but MS are taking it to the extreme. The other companies are offering these things as an added bonus on the side, whereas MS are focusing too heavily on them as one of the sole reasons you should invest in them.
If they carry on this way and peddle the same franchises next gen, I can't see myself buying their next console until years down the road when they're dirt cheap, if I even buy one at all. Gears, Forza, Halo, I enjoy these franchises but I want something fresh and new. They're all MS has to rely on now and that's only going to take them so far. I am hoping MS is just preparing for its next console and will unveil new exclusives down the road. and that all this is just the last hurrah for the 360. But who knows.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Yes Microsoft has indeed adandoned the core consumers of Xb0ox 360. Since the core gaming population is not very large to begin with. So reaching out to casual markets for Kinect and smart glass stuff. Will make Microsoft money. Since they want Xbox 360 to be an all in one multimedia device. Not just videogames. Core gamers are a small group to begin with. Casual/other demographics are larger.

So yep MS is abandoning core gamers.

gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 gatsbythepig
Member since 2003 • 11988 Posts

Is?

Has. Did.

Vari3ty
Was? Have. Do.
LessThanMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LessThanMike
Member since 2002 • 5364 Posts

Yes Microsoft has indeed adandoned the core consumers of Xb0ox 360. Since the core gaming population is not very large to begin with. So reaching out to casual markets for Kinect and smart glass stuff. Will make Microsoft money. Since they want Xbox 360 to be an all in one multimedia device. Not just videogames. Core gamers are a small group to begin with. Casual/other demographics are larger.

So yep MS is abandoning core gamers.

Megavideogamer
But I think this is what all companies want, to be able spread across to all kinds of individuals, I say congrats to them and good luck.
Another48h0urs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Another48h0urs
Member since 2012 • 27 Posts

I've been wondering this for a while now. I think they've probably lost me, but do other people feel the same? They've completely abandoned first party exclusives, the very thing that made them the leader in this generation of consoles, to focus on gimmicky kinect and dashboard apps; things that I am not interested in at all. Why do I need ESPN on my xbox when I can just change my tv's input and watch it there? Most of the apps that they've put out are availiable on a plethora of other devices with better functionality. And while it showed promise, it's pretty obvious that kinect has just been turned into a gimmick. There are still only 3-4 good games for it and while kinect functionality in Mass Effect and Skyrim is kinda neat it really doesn't add anything that couldn't already be accomplished by a simple button press. Now at this E3 we see nothing new from MS. Sure, Halo 4 looks cool but it's the 4th Halo shooter on the Xbox 360. Same with the new Gears. So unless MS really shows me something before the launch of the next xbox, I'll probably be migrating to the next sony console. How do you all feel? Will you stay loyal to MS for the next console generation?

bessy67
Why would you make this thread after MS showed more games at E3 (and more exclusive games at e3) then Sony and NINTENDO? Also how did they abandon First-party? They still have the usual as well as 2 others, 1 for Kinect, but here' another thing you guys never look at, and I know you're bias for Ps3 or Wii or whatever: If you combine all the sales and rating of the exclusives of MS, Nintendo, and Sony FP or not, MS wins. Most exclusive games FP and TP are indeed usually involving MSstudios publishing the game. This means that if you actually brought MS exclusives all the way up to 2011, you would still have a bit of backlog left, and you would finish it around Halo 4 came out just in time for the next Xbox. Wii has a standards problem, but most exclusives on it FP and TP are the least rated of the 3 consoles. Sony has badly positioned itself for around 3 or so years, and didn't start pumping out exclusives at a pace till 2010, but end of 2010-2011 is when they put out what you could say the most quality and quantuity of games, but most likely, you would if any, have about 2 games on the backlog. This means that you never had interest in MS exclusives in the first place.
Spellingiscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Spellingiscool
Member since 2010 • 1450 Posts
[QUOTE="bessy67"]

Another48h0urs
Why would you make this thread after MS showed more games at E3 (and more exclusive games at e3) then Sony and NINTENDO? Also how did they abandon First-party? They still have the usual as well as 2 others, 1 for Kinect, but here' another thing you guys never look at, and I know you're bias for Ps3 or Wii or whatever: If you combine all the sales and rating of the exclusives of MS, Nintendo, and Sony FP or not, MS wins. Most exclusive games FP and TP are indeed usually involving MSstudios publishing the game. This means that if you actually brought MS exclusives all the way up to 2011, you would still have a bit of backlog left, and you would finish it around Halo 4 came out just in time for the next Xbox. Wii has a standards problem, but most exclusives on it FP and TP are the least rated of the 3 consoles. Sony has badly positioned itself for around 3 or so years, and didn't start pumping out exclusives at a pace till 2010, but end of 2010-2011 is when they put out what you could say the most quality and quantuity of games, but most likely, you would if any, have about 2 games on the backlog. This means that you never had interest in MS exclusives in the first place.

Lol false. You can only beat the Gears/Halo/Forza horse for so long. Where is the creativity?
Another48h0urs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Another48h0urs
[QUOTE="Another48h0urs"][QUOTE="bessy67"]

Spellingiscool

Lol false. You can only beat the Gears/Halo/Forza horse for so long. Where is the creativity?

It's not false, and where are the PS3 games this year? I see AC and BLACKOPS downgrades for the Vita which are not new. I see Wonderbook, I see a bunch of delayed games that have not come out yet, and I see Sly 4. MS showed over 5 games not related to H/G/F and Fable which people ignore here, and 2 Kinect games. Not only that, but why are you ignoring the games that aren't Halo Gears or Forza? the only reason why you are not playing anything outside those games is because you limit yourself to games that score 7.5 or above, or they have to have 5 sequels each. One thing I always laugh at is I already killed what you said in one sentence, because people that think that all the Xbox has is Forza, gears, and Halo completely foret Fable and as soon as someone lists Fable your argument crumbles. Which is also a series 7.5 and above. So I wonder why you don't like it?
Another48h0urs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Another48h0urs

Halo 4 is the only reason I'm not completely abandoning this sinking ship of a console but once I've had my time with it it's going to be adios more than likely. Halo will be missed but I don't feel why I should spend my cash on paying £3-400 on a brand new console just to play a new Halo every couple of years. When I saw the new Gears of War I just knew they are at a dead end with this console and probably the Xbox as a whole idea the fact that they are needing to make prequels of game to fill the gaps until their sequels instead of making brand new IP's is terrible.

kiddoom93
So Doing what Sony does is bad? Not only that, but if you played Gears 1 it would HAVE TO have a sequel. I also don't believe that you have a time machine to say the 720 will have no exclusive FP when 10 of their 12 studios are working on games and none are announced for the 360... Could it be for the 720? Must not be since we have the guy from the future here, let's clap everyone! Kiddoom, making up thin- i mean my ad, the knowledgeable lad from the future. Can I see your crystal ball? You don't have one? Oh.
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

[QUOTE="Spellingiscool"][QUOTE="Another48h0urs"] Why would you make this thread after MS showed more games at E3 (and more exclusive games at e3) then Sony and NINTENDO? Also how did they abandon First-party? They still have the usual as well as 2 others, 1 for Kinect, but here' another thing you guys never look at, and I know you're bias for Ps3 or Wii or whatever: If you combine all the sales and rating of the exclusives of MS, Nintendo, and Sony FP or not, MS wins. Most exclusive games FP and TP are indeed usually involving MSstudios publishing the game. This means that if you actually brought MS exclusives all the way up to 2011, you would still have a bit of backlog left, and you would finish it around Halo 4 came out just in time for the next Xbox. Wii has a standards problem, but most exclusives on it FP and TP are the least rated of the 3 consoles. Sony has badly positioned itself for around 3 or so years, and didn't start pumping out exclusives at a pace till 2010, but end of 2010-2011 is when they put out what you could say the most quality and quantuity of games, but most likely, you would if any, have about 2 games on the backlog. This means that you never had interest in MS exclusives in the first place.Another48h0urs

It's not false, and where are the PS3 games this year? I see AC and BLACKOPS downgrades for the Vita which are not new. I see Wonderbook, I see a bunch of delayed games that have not come out yet, and I see Sly 4. MS showed over 5 games not related to H/G/F and Fable which people ignore here, and 2 Kinect games. Not only that, but why are you ignoring the games that aren't Halo Gears or Forza? the only reason why you are not playing anything outside those games is because you limit yourself to games that score 7.5 or above, or they have to have 5 sequels each. One thing I always laugh at is I already killed what you said in one sentence, because people that think that all the Xbox has is Forza, gears, and Halo completely foret Fable and as soon as someone lists Fable your argument crumbles. Which is also a series 7.5 and above. So I wonder why you don't like it?

Halo, Forza, and Gears have been beaten to death already. Fable has been reduced the The Journey.

The PS3 doesn't have anything to do with this. Microsoft has been content to milk the four exclusives it has and produce next to nothing else, other than Kinect garbage. Meanwhile they continue to waste money on timed exclusives like month early COD DLC.

Another48h0urs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Another48h0urs

[QUOTE="Another48h0urs"][QUOTE="Spellingiscool"] Lol false. You can only beat the Gears/Halo/Forza horse for so long. Where is the creativity? Vari3ty

Halo, Forza, and Gears have been beaten to death already. Fable has been reduced the The Journey.

The PS3 doesn't have anything to do with this. Microsoft has been content to milk the four exclusives it has and produce next to nothing else, other than Kinect garbage. Meanwhile they continue to waste money on timed exclusives like month early COD DLC.

They showed 5 exclsuvies that were neither of those Fable counts whether you like it or not, and the only reason why it's ignored is because it destroys arguments about those 3 being the only games instantly. Kinect garbage? Did you see E3? When was the last time a Kinect game came out BEFORE it? DURING it they only showed 2 Kinect games and voice support for multiplats that don't NEED IT. So yes 2 Kinect games, 5 exclusives, around 3 or so multiplats, one exclusive XBLA game. Sony has everything to do with it because the only people stupid enough to say what you stated are people actually bias against the Xbox, Xbox ois not even my favorite console but when proof is in your face and hits you hard and you still make claims like "Kinect garbage" when your favorite console was WORSE (Unless you game on PC, but most likely you don;t or you will use that as a desperation to escape humiliation) then you are stupid. You talk about Halo Gears and Forza? That's what you guys said in 2010 but guess what? Ketsui, Alan Wake (that year), Naval Assault and Death Smiles 2. Along with the big 4. Making 7 retail non-kinect games and 1 arcade game. You said that in 2011 as well, yet: Hole in the wall, Raving Rabbits (Debatable), Power Up heroes, along with the big 3. 6 retail non-kinect games. In 2012 you make the same claim, while someone could say that for 2011, the claim this year makes no sense, there was barely any kinect support before or after E3, and still don;t see any. if to be honest MS abandoned the Casuals this year. But maybe you are just, I don't know, maybe people on this site actually don't play games? Because even with bias people like you preferring the PS3 or Wii, even on those systems you guys pick out the wrong stuff. I think the problem is you never wanted a 360 in the first place because you have no idea what you are talking about. you either don't care about games or you're a complete idiot.
Spellingiscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Spellingiscool
Member since 2010 • 1450 Posts
[QUOTE="Another48h0urs"][QUOTE="Spellingiscool"][QUOTE="Another48h0urs"] Why would you make this thread after MS showed more games at E3 (and more exclusive games at e3) then Sony and NINTENDO? Also how did they abandon First-party? They still have the usual as well as 2 others, 1 for Kinect, but here' another thing you guys never look at, and I know you're bias for Ps3 or Wii or whatever: If you combine all the sales and rating of the exclusives of MS, Nintendo, and Sony FP or not, MS wins. Most exclusive games FP and TP are indeed usually involving MSstudios publishing the game. This means that if you actually brought MS exclusives all the way up to 2011, you would still have a bit of backlog left, and you would finish it around Halo 4 came out just in time for the next Xbox. Wii has a standards problem, but most exclusives on it FP and TP are the least rated of the 3 consoles. Sony has badly positioned itself for around 3 or so years, and didn't start pumping out exclusives at a pace till 2010, but end of 2010-2011 is when they put out what you could say the most quality and quantuity of games, but most likely, you would if any, have about 2 games on the backlog. This means that you never had interest in MS exclusives in the first place.

Nobody wants to play a mediocre Fable Kinect game. Fable has gotten worse since the original, everyone knows this. Your argument sucks. Microsoft's first party support sucks.
Another48h0urs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Another48h0urs
[QUOTE="Spellingiscool"][QUOTE="Another48h0urs"][QUOTE="Spellingiscool"] Lol false. You can only beat the Gears/Halo/Forza horse for so long. Where is the creativity?

Nobody wants to play a mediocre Fable Kinect game. Fable has gotten worse since the original, everyone knows this. Your argument sucks. Microsoft's first party support sucks.

You are talking about Fable Heroes, that released this year. I am talking about 2010 and 2011, which I proved a previous ignorant wrong about. you guys said in 2010 but guess what? Ketsui, Alan Wake (that year), Naval Assault and Death Smiles 2. Along with the big 4 (Including A scoring Fable 3). Making 7 retail non-kinect games and 1 arcade game. But remember there are no games and MS first party sucks. while Hole in the wall, Raving Rabbits (Debatable), Power Up heroes, along with the big 3, there were c ouple more Kinect games released. While still flase, this would be the only time you could even partially claim that MS abandoned its fanbase. But for you spellingiscool, you are making a slightly different but just as stupid claim that MS First-party sucks. So now this is a whole new argument you brought up. Those Kinect games and the Retail games released in 2011? Combine to be around near 20 games with most being First-party, but their first party sucks? What about 2010 with like 9 retail games and 4 kinect games and 1 or 2 XBLA games? over half of which were First-party? Or how about now? Where MS showed only 2 Kinect and damn near a dozen or more games that are not Kinect still over half being first-party? But MS first-Party sucks? They release the same four games? So those other 6000 games mentioned are Halo Gears and Forza? Wow you just killede your credibility real fast there. Try again next time.
ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

Let's get real for a minute.

The ONLY reason I keep my 360 is because of what it does for me.

1. Able to rent (abundant and enjoyable) multiplats in reasonable quality

2. Big library, so you can find almost anything that matters

3. A handful of exclusives that I can count on 1 hand

4. Good platform to play L4D2, CoD and a couple other games online

Can the PS3 do that? Mostly but not as good.

Can the Wii do that? No.

Can the PC do that? Kinda, except for the rental part

Just keep it in perspective, and don't expect too much.

WE ARE NOT THEIR TARGET AUDIENCE.

We are hardcore gamers.

Their target audience is soccer moms and people who need Kinectimals to babysit their children.

We do not pay their bills, maybe %10 of it.

They need the other %90 to pay for the infrastructure that WE use.

Another48h0urs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Another48h0urs

Can the Wii do that? No.

We are hardcore gamers.

Their target audience is soccer moms and people who need Kinectimals to babysit their children.

ZombieKiller7
Hmm, there are 5 Kinect games MS exclusively focused on and only around 3 have sold extremely well or around that. Most not rated high. There are about maybe 20 kinect games and that's a random guess. But Crackdown, Crackdown 2, Fable 3, Alan Wake, Chromehounds, Halo 4, Halo3, Gears 1, Gears 2, Forza 2, Odst, Saints row, kasui, Death smiles, Death smiles 2, Forza 4, Fable 2, PDZ, Nuts and bolts, Kameo, Ryse, Project drago, Steel batallion, Forza 3, gears 3, Culcept Saga, Splosion man, Bllue Dragon, Eternal Sonata (Timed), lost odyssey, Halo Wars, Forza horizon, Haunt, 2 naruto games if i recall, 3 arcade complilations, one combination box that comes with trials, limbo, and splosion man, trials, trials evolution, Raiden IV, The Outfit, Ridge Racer 6, Too Human, Project Gothma 2 and 3 etc. etc. That's just off the top of my head and that's not even all of them, including REATIL and XBLA. Yes, you can count them on your hand. Right. Shut up. They abandoned Xbox users? With an add-on not even 20% of the Xbox library? The problem is not that, you own a 360? Hard to believe, because it's not because there's nothing to play it;s because you really don;t care about games. Not on the Magazine? Guess Zombie killer won;t buy it. Must be rated high on one site with a G on it? Also on said site must have 9.0 or higher? Below? Zombie killer won't play it. Talk about games you like but other people don;t like it as much or it's not popular? Zombiekiller does not counts it as the game. When you actually play games let me know and come back to me.
ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

[QUOTE="ZombieKiller7"]

Can the Wii do that? No.

We are hardcore gamers.

Another48h0urs

Hmm, there are 5 Kinect games MS exclusively focused on and only around 3 have sold extremely well or around that. Most not rated high. There are about maybe 20 kinect games and that's a random guess. But Crackdown, Crackdown 2, Fable 3, Alan Wake, Chromehounds, Halo 4, Halo3, Gears 1, Gears 2, Forza 2, Odst, Saints row, kasui, Death smiles, Death smiles 2, Forza 4, Fable 2, PDZ, Nuts and bolts, Kameo, Ryse, Project drago, Steel batallion, Forza 3, gears 3, Culcept Saga, Splosion man, Bllue Dragon, Eternal Sonata (Timed), lost odyssey, Halo Wars, Forza horizon, Haunt, 2 naruto games if i recall, 3 arcade complilations, one combination box that comes with trials, limbo, and splosion man, trials, trials evolution, Raiden IV, The Outfit, Ridge Racer 6, Too Human, Project Gothma 2 and 3 etc. etc. That's just off the top of my head and that's not even all of them, including REATIL and XBLA. Yes, you can count them on your hand. Right. Shut up. They abandoned Xbox users? With an add-on not even 20% of the Xbox library? The problem is not that, you own a 360? Hard to believe, because it's not because there's nothing to play it;s because you really don;t care about games. Not on the Magazine? Guess Zombie killer won;t buy it. Must be rated high on one site with a G on it? Also on said site must have 9.0 or higher? Below? Zombie killer won't play it. Talk about games you like but other people don;t like it as much or it's not popular? Zombiekiller does not counts it as the game. When you actually play games let me know and come back to me.

I don't keep my 360 around to play shovelware.

I can do that on any platform.

What matters to me is what matters to me.

Not the games YOU like, and I'm pretty sure you're in the minority if you think this is enough to attact and keep people on this platform.

For now this is my assessment.

360 is a sinking ship but it's still useful to play multiplats and major titles like Gears.

Let's see what happens in the future.

limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts
We know nothing about the ps4/720 and you're ready to "jump ships"? How does that makes any sense? Better yet, how about you buy both systems next gen. Problem solved.
bessy67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 bessy67

Hmm, there are 5 Kinect games MS exclusively focused on and only around 3 have sold extremely well or around that. Most not rated high. There are about maybe 20 kinect games and that's a random guess. But Crackdown, Crackdown 2, Fable 3, Alan Wake, Chromehounds, Halo 4, Halo3, Gears 1, Gears 2, Forza 2, Odst, Saints row, kasui, Death smiles, Death smiles 2, Forza 4, Fable 2, PDZ, Nuts and bolts, Kameo, Ryse, Project drago, Steel batallion, Forza 3, gears 3, Culcept Saga, Splosion man, Bllue Dragon, Eternal Sonata (Timed), lost odyssey, Halo Wars, Forza horizon, Haunt, 2 naruto games if i recall, 3 arcade complilations, one combination box that comes with trials, limbo, and splosion man, trials, trials evolution, Raiden IV, The Outfit, Ridge Racer 6, Too Human, Project Gothma 2 and 3 etc. etc. That's just off the top of my head and that's not even all of them, including REATIL and XBLA. Yes, you can count them on your hand. Right. Shut up. They abandoned Xbox users? With an add-on not even 20% of the Xbox library? The problem is not that, you own a 360? Hard to believe, because it's not because there's nothing to play it;s because you really don;t care about games. Not on the Magazine? Guess Zombie killer won;t buy it. Must be rated high on one site with a G on it? Also on said site must have 9.0 or higher? Below? Zombie killer won't play it. Talk about games you like but other people don;t like it as much or it's not popular? Zombiekiller does not counts it as the game. When you actually play games let me know and come back to me.Another48h0urs

I said in my previous posts that xbox used to be the place to go for exclusive games, but you can't say that anymore. I still love Halo but it's overdone, I was done with Gears after 2, and Fable is a joke now. Even Forza has gone from a hardcore racing simulation to an arcade game. The only thing other than Halo that I was interested in from MS at e3 was Matter, and they didn't really even show anything about it. Meanwhile Sony and Nintendo are showing new exclusive IP's, not just rehashes of series that have already been done to death. If they just continue to push sequel after sequel and continue to reward their devs for more of the same rather than innovation then I will not be buying their next console, and I'm sure that there are a lot more like me.

bessy67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 bessy67

We know nothing about the ps4/720 and you're ready to "jump ships"? How does that makes any sense? Better yet, how about you buy both systems next gen. Problem solved. limpbizkit818

Sorry, I don't have $1000-$1500 to throw around...

ydnarrewop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#29 ydnarrewop
Member since 2004 • 2292 Posts
Ebb and flow. I think they're just taking a different path for the time being. And I emphasize for the time being :)
Norrie91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Norrie91
Member since 2009 • 2444 Posts

Its Microsoft they were bound to sellout eventually lol.

Avatar image for djshowstopper87
djshowstopper87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 djshowstopper87
Member since 2012 • 417 Posts

MS just cares about making money at this point. If the same exclusives make them loads of money, why would they want to take risks on new games that might not do well? But I agree with everyone else though, they need to release some new IP because Halo, Gears, Fable, Forza are starting to get old every year ( much like Call of Duty, which has already gotten old). Thats why I am glad I also have a ps3 so that I can enjoy all of the sweet exclusives on that console as well.

quikdash6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 quikdash6
Member since 2004 • 480 Posts
The majority of the games I buy for the 360 aren't exclusives and I buy them for the 360 because I prefer the controller and Xbox Live compared to PSN. So, with that, I'll probably end up buying a PS and Xbox again so I can play the PS exclusives and the 360 for the majority of my other gaming.
limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts

[QUOTE="limpbizkit818"]We know nothing about the ps4/720 and you're ready to "jump ships"? How does that makes any sense? Better yet, how about you buy both systems next gen. Problem solved. bessy67

Sorry, I don't have $1000-$1500 to throw around...

Why would you need $1,500 :?

You can get an Xbox and PS3 right now for $450............

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts
I'm going with Nintendo next time around. It's funny- I followed Nintendo right down the line from NES to SNES to N64. Then I fell in with PS2, then 360, and now I feel like I'm coming home. Frankly, I'll be buying a WiiU because I don't care about flashy next gen graphics. It really seems like an extension of the current gen and I'm okay with that. If anything, I'll keep playing on my 360 until they shut down LIVE support and then, if the WiiU isn't sufficient, I'll make a choice about whether I'll stick with the Xbox or switch over to PS4. But I tell you now, I won't have anything to do with any console that prohibits used games.
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts
[QUOTE="ZombieKiller7"]

Can the Wii do that? No.

We are hardcore gamers.

Another48h0urs

Umm. Steel Batallion was an Xbox game. And Chromehounds' online component(main feature of the game) is dead. And you are needlessly hostile.
i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 i-rock-socks
Member since 2007 • 3826 Posts

people ask for a game, "they" release it, then no one buys it.

reason why we're at halo 59 is because halo is a big seller.

everything MS does (and any company at that) is based on the market, so in truth, you literally only have yourselves to blame (as consumers).

you act like you have no power in the matter. try supporting indie devs by buying indie games, or by buying the first party games (or w/e game you wanna see more of) that actually are released

imhuntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 imhuntad
Member since 2010 • 30 Posts

To be fair, making these judgements based on this E3 and this late into the console cycle isn't exactly wise. The next consoles will be out in at least a couple years so Microsoft, as well as Sony/Nintendo, is focusing on that.

I do agree that MS's focus is more broad than Sony's, but it's a smarter business move. A good example is that while Sony may be focusing more on the game aspect, I simply do not care for at least half of their exclusive titles. Add to the fact that most multiplatform games run better on 360, and I can definitely see which path MS is taking. It's a safer bet.

In the end, both consoles can learn a bit from each other and neither is perfect. I hate the UI decisions MS made with the 360, and I hate the lack of overall connectivity of Sony's UI. Different strokes.

Avatar image for djshowstopper87
djshowstopper87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 djshowstopper87
Member since 2012 • 417 Posts
At this point I don't even know if I will get the xbox 720 or whatever it's called. I might switch and go with the ps4 and PC combo. But I haven't made a decision yet.
Venom951

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Venom951
Member since 2012 • 389 Posts

bessy67
I think most of their first party devs are working on new IPs for the next gen now that is just speculation .
Avatar image for deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#41 deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
Member since 2006 • 6013 Posts

It's a really good question, will I stay with MS?

I really dislike Sony and Nintendo screwed me with the wii (which I bought first day, and was happy with it), but MS isn't really doing much to keep me.

I think that it will all come down to: will I be able to upload simple XNA games and windows phone 7 won't die with windows 8? If so, I will probably stay with them.

Avatar image for deactivated-608a2eb908da4
deactivated-608a2eb908da4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-608a2eb908da4
Member since 2012 • 119 Posts
Might they be saving their new IPs for next gen?
contracts420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 contracts420
Member since 2008 • 1956 Posts

[QUOTE="Spellingiscool"][QUOTE="Another48h0urs"] Why would you make this thread after MS showed more games at E3 (and more exclusive games at e3) then Sony and NINTENDO? Also how did they abandon First-party? They still have the usual as well as 2 others, 1 for Kinect, but here' another thing you guys never look at, and I know you're bias for Ps3 or Wii or whatever: If you combine all the sales and rating of the exclusives of MS, Nintendo, and Sony FP or not, MS wins. Most exclusive games FP and TP are indeed usually involving MSstudios publishing the game. This means that if you actually brought MS exclusives all the way up to 2011, you would still have a bit of backlog left, and you would finish it around Halo 4 came out just in time for the next Xbox. Wii has a standards problem, but most exclusives on it FP and TP are the least rated of the 3 consoles. Sony has badly positioned itself for around 3 or so years, and didn't start pumping out exclusives at a pace till 2010, but end of 2010-2011 is when they put out what you could say the most quality and quantuity of games, but most likely, you would if any, have about 2 games on the backlog. This means that you never had interest in MS exclusives in the first place.Another48h0urs

Starhawk

Playstion All Stars Battle Royale

Sly 4

Dust 514

Twisted Metal

^ Just this year. Not counting downloadable games or Move games and I may have even missed a few. Not sure.