Is it worth it to have an Xbox One AND a PS4?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Killua_Zoldyck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Killua_Zoldyck
Member since 2015 • 59 Posts

I currently own a Wii U and X1, but I've been thinking about getting a PS4 too. I'm going to be busy soon, so I might not have all three consoles.

Basically, should I keep my X1 or just get a PS4 to go with my Wii U? If I can only have two consoles (not all three), what should I do?

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Yes, 100 times yes

Use the Xbox One for exclusives

Use the PS4 for everything else. Best multiplats, solid first party support, and more than 100 more games compared to the Xbox One makes it a worthy purchase.

Killua_Zoldyck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Killua_Zoldyck

@Jaysonguy: Are there any good deals for the PS4?

LordClansman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LordClansman
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

Right now of course not. If you already have an Xbox One the only game you would play on the PS4 is Bloodborne.

juboner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By juboner
Member since 2007 • 1183 Posts

Stay with your x1 until there are more than a couple games you must play on ps4.

Killua_Zoldyck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Killua_Zoldyck

@lordclansman:

Well, The Last of Us and Second Son are two that I want.

Waiting until E3 is probably best, right?

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

@juboner said:

Stay with your x1 until there are more than a couple games you must play on ps4.

Yeah that's what I'm doing... There aren't enough games I want to play on PS4 to warrant a purchase, since I already have Xbone.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#8 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

Worse console purchase in my life time. I've had it since launch and only have five games for it. Honestly, I would have just been happy with only the PS4.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 davem1992
Member since 2009 • 4068 Posts

Oh god yes, I own every system and couldn't be happier.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

The PS4 has about 100 more games than Xbone (both retail and indie), it has more power for 3rd party multiplat games, it has more PS+ discounts, more PS+ games, faster UI, faster installs, and more upcoming retail and indie games announced coming to the machine.

You have to look through the library to see if it's the right machine for you.

I own both machines (& Wii U, PC, 3DS, Vita, etc), but good luck.

Killua_Zoldyck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Killua_Zoldyck

My friend just got a PS4, and nobody I know has an Xbox One. I don't know what to do.

Oh, and I want games like J-Stars Victory Vs+. Sadly, the One is getting skipped on that front.

Ross_the_Boss6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ross_the_Boss6
Member since 2009 • 4056 Posts

Right now, definitely not. Wait awhile for a price drop on the PS4. The two consoles are practically the same.

If all of your friends have PS4s, then you might consider trading your X1 in. E3 is also coming soon, so we'll see what's in store for the near future.

I can tell you one thing: if you get a PS4, save your money on Second Son. Game is shit. Bloodborne is the game to get and maybe Last of Us if you didn't play it on PS3.

Koopa_Kinte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Koopa_Kinte
Member since 2015 • 26 Posts

I have both, and Bloodborne alone is worth having a PS4. I plan on getting Dark Souls II for it after I beat Bloodborne, even though it's also for Xbox, because I feel like it would feel wrong to have two Souls type games on different consoles lol. But yeah, I think for the exclusives (now & upcoming) it might be worth having both.

Masema

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Masema

Without a doubt. I've been an Xbox fan for a long time, however I've always had a Sony console too. They do have some awesome exclusives. I currently only have Bloodborne and The last of us for PS4, but Sony has a promising E3 so far.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

@Jaysonguy said:

Yes, 100 times yes

Use the PS4 for everything else. Best multiplats, solid first party support, and more than 100 more games compared to the Xbox One makes it a worthy purchase.

By that logic.

Build a gaming pc and get an xbox one. They both have great exclusives, although they've all been delayed.

nikkycat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 nikkycat
Member since 2010 • 912 Posts

In time yes. Right now alot of the games are similar. Xbox One has more retail exclusives probably. PS4 has its own amount, and some cool exclusive indie/downloadable titles. In due time, the PS4 will get more and more awesome exclusives and it will be worth it to have both.

BTW, Don't forget the Wii U! xD

Killua_Zoldyck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Killua_Zoldyck

@nikkycat: Yeah, I have the Wii U already. I haven't been playing it that much because of The Witcher 3. Lol.

I don't know, it just seems like the PS4 is actually a step up from its predecessor, while the Xbox One took steps backwards from the 360. I don't understand why MS didn't just focus on a strictly gaming machine. The whole entertainment hub thing has zero use to me, I primarily use my Xbox for gaming purposes.

The Xbox was a gift from my folks, so I don't really want to sell/trade it in (I've made up my mind on that). I can't exactly have all three (personal reasons), so that's why I was considering selling the Xbox One. But since I DO like playing it, and my parents said I can't sell it, I'm going to have to keep it. It appears that the PS4 might have been the better choice for me. Maybe I decided too quickly when I had the choice between the two back then? I don't know.

I enjoy the console, I just think the PS4 is the far better machine. Don't really know what my options are, except for just enjoying what I have.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Jaysonguy

@Gaming-Planet said:
@Jaysonguy said:

Yes, 100 times yes

By that logic.

Build a gaming pc and get an xbox one. They both have great exclusives, although they've all been delayed.

Because we're talking about consoles............

LordClansman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 LordClansman

@Gaming-Planet: I agree with this, a PC is by far a better option than owning both a PS4 and a Xbox One. Way more games than any of these two machines can offer.

Killua_Zoldyck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Killua_Zoldyck

@lordclansman:

I don't really have an interest in PC gaming. I've always stuck to console gaming, it's my preference.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#22 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

Yes, both systems are great! I did it last-gen and plan on doing the same the current-gen.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#23 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

I shall not break the tradition of owning all systems, just waiting a little bit before jumping on a X1, working on the WiiU first cuz it's got more games that interest me than the X1 right now. I have 10 WiiU games on sight, enough to make the purchase of the console worth it.

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

Just a reminder to everybody, this is the Xbox board so can we please discuss the aspects regarding owning an Xbox One alongside the competition (i.e PS4, Wii U, PC, etc) and not turn this into System Wars.

If this topic continues down this path I will move it to the General Game Discussion board as currently we are starting to move towards general talk and not Xbox board talk.

Thanks.

ObxChillin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ObxChillin
Member since 2012 • 180 Posts

No point to spend $300-$400 when they will both be the same in a couple years

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Jaysonguy

@ObxChillin said:

They will never be the same. The Xbox One will never have the power needed to keep up with the PS4, especially as this generation goes on.

The Xbox and PS4 will have very different game libraries this generation.

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#27 Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

@Jaysonguy said:
@ObxChillin said:

They will never be the same. The Xbox One will never have the power needed to keep up with the PS4, especially as this generation goes on.

The Xbox and PS4 will have very different game libraries this generation.

Thats what you think.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#28 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

It is always better to have both major consoles. Then use each for their exclusive games and be able to pick and choose which Multiplats are the best out of the two.

The 8th Gen should last 5 years, but if it extends to another 8 or 9 years then you are covered. I hope that the 8th Generation does not drag on so long.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#29  Edited By zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

Oh, definitely. I own all three consoles now with the Xbox One being the last one I picked up. I really wasn't sure if it'd be worth it, but it's a very nice compliment to the Wii U and PS4.

My main reason for purchasing the Xbox One was Halo, something I couldn't get on the other consoles. And really, that should be how you look at the PS4. Does the PS4 have any games that you can't pass up? I asked that question about the Xbox One and I knew I couldn't miss Halo 5 as well as a new Fable (aside from Legends) and to see what the new Gears of War is going to be like.

The PS4 does a lot of great things, some things better than the X1, and offers a bunch of games. PS+ is also a great tool to build your library. But if you're only interested in a set of multiplatform titles, although they may run better on the PS4 I'd recommend sticking with your X1. But if there are games you can't pass up, it's most certainly worth it.

Killua_Zoldyck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Killua_Zoldyck

@Jaysonguy: Do you mean in terms of variety of games? Yeah, probably.

I mean, Sony creates new IPs far more often. Plus, they have Japanese games. I knkw that Xbox will never get those type of anime games, outside of major franchises (DBZ and Naruto).

Munderbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Munderbob
Member since 2015 • 19 Posts

@lordclansman: PC is a wonderful option. I have one. That being said, I like online fps shooters. I'll be damned if I sit at the PC all day and I actually use my PC from the couch. Too much of a disadvantage against mouse and keyboard players so keep that in mind when suggesting PC to people

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

@munderbob: Please don't bump old threads, it's against the rules. Also I believe this thread has run it's course anyways, as it's turned pretty negative and cross-platform talk is not allowed. Locked.