is it possible to play ipod touch music on xbox 360?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tischla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1 tischla
Member since 2005 • 2408 Posts

simple question, can i play my ipod touch music on my xbox at all, and if so, how?? thanks in advance

2pac_makaveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 2pac_makaveli
Member since 2008 • 1681 Posts
no i think the old ipods (really old ones) are the only ones that wrk. none of the newer ones do.
gamerfreak1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 gamerfreak1991
Member since 2005 • 2501 Posts

I'm pretty sure you can. I use my 8 GB 4th gen. nano on my Xbox all the time.

codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#4 codezer0
Member since 2004 • 15898 Posts
The problem is that the current iPod Touch and iPhone do not report themselves as a standard mass storage device... or for that matter (IIRC) can be configured to run in disk mode like the older, nano, and classic iPods can. Personally, I think Apple did that specifically to keep people from being able to access the stored music on a Microsoft console, but whatever. :|
2pac_makaveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 2pac_makaveli
Member since 2008 • 1681 Posts
[QUOTE="codezer0"] Personally, I think Apple did that specifically to keep people from being able to access the stored music on a Microsoft console, but whatever. :|

im with ya hear i think they also made their computers not able to run zunes. touches do not wrk my old roommate tried his and it never wrked. zunes are were its at!!
XxWOND3RB3ADxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 XxWOND3RB3ADxX
Member since 2008 • 1189 Posts

They don't apple used let them work until they had a update for them a while back so now you can't. Just put your music on a flash drive and stream it thats what I do :)

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

Another factor with the Ipod, if you buy music from itunes. Most of the Itunes songs are protected with DRM, so the Xbox 360 won't recognize the songs unless you purchased DRM free songs. But if you have the physical cd and copied into itunes your all good as you don't have to worry about DRM.

bigredrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bigredrew
Member since 2004 • 104 Posts

no i think the old ipods (really old ones) are the only ones that wrk. none of the newer ones do. 2pac_makaveli
Oh, really? I'm gonna have dig out my 1st gen iPod and test this out now. Appreciate the info :)