Is Final Fantasy XI worth playing?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rtype21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 rtype21
Member since 2009 • 45 Posts

Me and a friend were thinking about picking up Final Fantasy XI. I was just wondering if it was worth it or is there something better we should pick up?

skyyfox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#2 skyyfox1
Member since 2003 • 13015 Posts

i think it probably is. FF4 is my all time favorite.

jonnyglitch8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 jonnyglitch8
Member since 2005 • 2530 Posts

It sucks.. in my opinion. I know im gonna sound lame saying this, but you'd have more fun with wow. haha.

chasingmaynard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 chasingmaynard
Member since 2005 • 3416 Posts

WoW is fun, Lord of the Rings Online is fun, and Final Fantasy Online is fun.

It really depends on how much time you have to play the game, because FF Online can be very time consuming, compared to the other two. And there also might be the factor of the both of you not having PC's, because you posted this on the 360 forums.

Rev

razial65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 razial65
Member since 2002 • 147 Posts

It really depends on how much time you have to play the game, because FF Online can be very time consuming, compared to the other two. And there also might be the factor of the both of you not having PC's, because you posted this on the 360 forums.

Rev

chasingmaynard

FF XI is availble for the 360

gros__bill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gros__bill
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Not sure about it, but didn't they close some server a month or so ago?? If yes, that's maybe not the good timing to begin to play...

But serious i'm not sure about it, do some search to confirm before taking a decision.

gr8scott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gr8scott
Member since 2003 • 1008 Posts
I used to play FFXI for 3 years. Final Fantasy XI requires a large time block to accomplish anything; crafting, leveling, making money, and even traveling. If you don't have the time to dedicate a large time block toward FFXI, then you will not like FFXI. FFXI requires a lot of time and it gets repetitive as well. If you do have time to dedicate toward FFXI, it may be ok. Are you looking for a MMO game with all the online community, auction houses, and stuff or are you looking to play or some game that is similar to Diablo where you can get loot and team up together and doesn't require a large block of time?
voodooline0110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 voodooline0110
Member since 2008 • 452 Posts
i dont have much time. but i enjoy it very much.
beutlich99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

#9 beutlich99
Member since 2006 • 1129 Posts
It's Final Fantasy, so no.
chasingmaynard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 chasingmaynard

[QUOTE="chasingmaynard"]

Rev

razial65

I'll refrain from giving a smarta$$ response to this...

I was stating that because he posted a question about FF Online in the 360 forums, he and his friend might only have 360's and not PC's, so the suggestion of the other two MMO's would be moot.

Rev

HisCreation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 HisCreation
Member since 2007 • 203 Posts

[QUOTE="razial65"]

[QUOTE="chasingmaynard"]

Rev

chasingmaynard

I'll refrain from giving a smarta$$ response to this...

I was stating that because he posted a question about FF Online in the 360 forums, he and his friend might only have 360's and not PC's, so the suggestion of the other two MMO's would be moot.

Rev

Honestly, now that you've explained that I understand it better but in regards to your first post, I saw it the same way Razial did. Anyways, I play FFXI and have alot of fun with it, there's been new updates which make the game more accessible for those people who don't have as much time to play, and the party system has become alot easier because of the new "Level Sync" option. I've played WoW and FFXI, and my preference is FFXI because to me it's more challenging. Nothing comes easy in that game... Everything you have you earn, and feel a very large amount of satisfaction, like when you get your chocobo license, or when you do the first few missions to Rank 5 and get your airship pass, or when you get your first advanced job. Everything feels very rewarding in the game. :) Hope that helped? Take care!
chasingmaynard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 chasingmaynard

Actually after rereading my initial post, my wording is kind screwy, sorry about that.

FF Online is definitely challenging and time consuming, but when you accomplish things it makes it feel all the better. It doesn't hold you hand as much as the other two MMO's I mentioned. I used to playit on PS2,but Ibought the complete edition for the 360.I reactivated my old account to have my old character and linked my gamertag to that, but itwasn't able to use the product keys for the expansion packs for some reason. They said that couldn't be fixed and it was permanent, so I bought LOTRO.

Honestly, the whole experience was horrible. The install and udpates took about 9 hours, just to find out in the end that I would have to buy the expansion packs seperately to use with my gamertag. I bought LOTRO, installed it, and was playing within an hour or two.

Rev

imlolmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 imlolmon
Member since 2009 • 503 Posts

well final fantasys have always been amazing games. i actually have this game too but i bought it without knowing i have to pay an addition 12 a month which is BS.. internet, on top of live, on top of that? no way.

rtype21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 rtype21
Member since 2009 • 45 Posts

Thanks for all the advice guys. I tried it and after getting past all the inital loading, i think i like it. Are there any sites where i can find some tips for the game. Such as how to get a 2nd job or sub job i think its called