Improvements made to BF3 since the beta

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for HilbillyRokstar
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 HilbillyRokstar
Member since 2007 • 3236 Posts

Scott Davis of PlanetBattlefield sat down with an early build of Battlefield 3 tonight in San Francisco at EA's "Final Hours" press event. Davis definitely comes across as a Battlefield veteran, so this is not your average press preview of Battlefield 3.

Davis wrote: First thing I noticed on the consoles were the graphics. They looked much better than the beta. Textures were smoother, character movements were much more fluid, and environments seemed to have more warmth to them. Also, the lighting was more dynamic, atmospherics more gritty and present, things just seem to run smoother on this build. All the frame rate issues, glitches, pops and sound drops of the beta were nowhere to be found.

LINK . . .http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:FxB4jVeUK-wJ:www.enterbf3.com/+will+the+beta+map+be+in+the+final+copy+of+bf3&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Sounds good to me. I can't wait!

HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 HilbillyRokstar
Dude why do you keep posting articles all day long about Battlefield? It's getting a little over the top. Besides, its not an xbox exclusive so you should post it in another forum. That said I'm happy that they are making improvements since the beta (even though that's common sense). Oviously its good that the glitches are gone. This is kind of a "captain obvious" post. Ha. Comic_Gamer
Because it's a game I'm gonna buy on 360. If it was "Drake's Fortune" then it would be in another forum.
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 HilbillyRokstar

[QUOTE="HilbillyRokstar"][QUOTE="Comic_Gamer"]Dude why do you keep posting articles all day long about Battlefield? It's getting a little over the top. Besides, its not an xbox exclusive so you should post it in another forum. That said I'm happy that they are making improvements since the beta (even though that's common sense). Oviously its good that the glitches are gone. This is kind of a "captain obvious" post. Ha. Comic_Gamer

Because it's a game I'm gonna buy on 360. If it was "Drake's Fortune" then it would be in another forum.

That's fail logic. Drakes fortune is exclusive to one console, BF3 is not. I understand that it's fun to post stuff about games that are coming out, I just think its getting a little bit unesscessary.

No it's not because for me it's a 360 game. Besides it was TWO POSTS get over it.
SexyPorkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SexyPorkins
Member since 2007 • 1222 Posts
Dude why do you keep posting articles all day long about Battlefield? It's getting a little over the top. Besides, its not an xbox exclusive so you should post it in another forum. That said I'm happy that they are making improvements since the beta (even though that's common sense). Oviously its good that the glitches are gone. This is kind of a "captain obvious" post. Ha. Comic_Gamer
Yet the game is coming out on the 360, so this forum is appropriate.
kerrman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 kerrman
Member since 2003 • 2904 Posts

I'm still not buying it.

But I'm sure this will impress someone out there.

youngmurk911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#9 youngmurk911
Member since 2004 • 3895 Posts

[QUOTE="HilbillyRokstar"]No it's not because for me it's a 360 game. Besides it was TWO POSTS get over it.Comic_Gamer

LOL how old are you. Many posters are sick of yout threads/posts and you keep coming back with "it isn't my fault, it's everyone else." The mature thing to do would be to admit that you are posting too much, and only posting nonsense, and then take a break. I don't know whether to laugh or feel sympathetic.

whats tha matter man?
Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

[QUOTE="HilbillyRokstar"]No it's not because for me it's a 360 game. Besides it was TWO POSTS get over it.Comic_Gamer

LOL how old are you. Many posters are sick of yout threads/posts and you keep coming back with "it isn't my fault, it's everyone else." The mature thing to do would be to admit that you are posting too much, and only posting nonsense, and then take a break. I don't know whether to laugh or feel sympathetic.

You need a hobby
RedReckoning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 RedReckoning
Member since 2009 • 638 Posts
Why are you so mad? I want to see more BF3 news...who are you to decide what he posts?
TrapMuzik92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 TrapMuzik92
Member since 2009 • 3424 Posts

I'm still not buying it.

But I'm sure this will impress someone out there.

kerrman
JopaGeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JopaGeri
Member since 2004 • 538 Posts

Only Mod's can Judge him

Schreek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Schreek
Member since 2007 • 1637 Posts

Newbie picking a fight with Hillbilly? Good luck.

Comic_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Comic_Gamer
Member since 2011 • 33 Posts

I'm 48 years old. How old are you level 3? How long have you been a member of this forum? I'm been one for years and I'll be here after you're gone. Go away now.HilbillyRokstar

I'm a newer member of the boards, so what? Don't tell me to go away. Who cares how long you've been a member of the forums, lol. I'm entitled to my opinions just as much as you are.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Black_Knight_00

[QUOTE="HilbillyRokstar"]I'm 48 years old. How old are you level 3? How long have you been a member of this forum? I'm been one for years and I'll be here after you're gone. Go away now.Comic_Gamer

I'm a newer member of the boards, so what? Don't tell me to go away. Who cares how long you've been a member of the forums, lol. I'm entitled to my opinions just as much as you are.

Sure but coming here as a forum noob and expecting to teach senior members how to use the forum simply makes you look silly
Comic_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Comic_Gamer

[QUOTE="Comic_Gamer"]

[QUOTE="HilbillyRokstar"]I'm 48 years old. How old are you level 3? How long have you been a member of this forum? I'm been one for years and I'll be here after you're gone. Go away now.Black_Knight_00

Sure but coming here as a forum noob and expecting to teach senior members how to use the forum simply makes you look silly

Actually I noticed that several other members posted (in other threads) about his posting too much, and I agree. Besides, I'm no "a forum noob". I post on plenty of other forums, and I've been a member of this one for a while. I just have done more reading than posting.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts

[QUOTE="HilbillyRokstar"]I'm 48 years old. How old are you level 3? How long have you been a member of this forum? I'm been one for years and I'll be here after you're gone. Go away now.Comic_Gamer

Ah, so you can tell him not to post, but he can't tell you to go away. Open mouth- insert foot. And if ever he "posts too much," the Mods- not you- will do something about it. Until then, you can take you six months' membership and sit quietly in a corner.
spacedog1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 spacedog1973
Member since 2007 • 1144 Posts

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"][QUOTE="Comic_Gamer"]

Comic_Gamer

Actually I noticed that several other members posted (in other threads) about his posting too much, and I agree. Besides, I'm no "a forum noob". I post on plenty of other forums, and I've been a member of this one for a while. I just have done more reading than posting.

If you have done more reading than posting you would have more points than you have now. The point system is given for readingf as well as posting and other things. Face it, you trolled, you failed.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Black_Knight_00

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"][QUOTE="Comic_Gamer"]

Comic_Gamer

Yes, I'm sure you may be extremely active on other forums, and maybe those forums allow you to diss senior members or any other members at your leisure, but that's not how we do things around here. Around these parts we go by the rule: "if you don't care about a thread, don't click on it" The advice, once again, is: spend more time playing games and less time making awkward remarks on gaming forums. You're gonna spare yourself the embarassment.
Comic_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Comic_Gamer

If you have done more reading than posting you would have more points than you have now. The point system is given for readingf as well as posting and other things. Face it, you trolled, you failed.spacedog1973

Right, because every time I read a thread or gaming news article I take the time to log in :roll:. You fail.

Yes, I'm sure you may be extremely active on other forums, and maybe those forums allow you to diss senior members or any other members at your leisure, but that's not how we do things around here. Around these parts we go by the rule: "if you don't care about a thread, don't click on it" The advice, once again, is: spend more time playing games and less time making awkward remarks on gaming forums. You're gonna spare yourself the embarassment.Black_Knight_00

Show me where anything that you just wrote is in the terms of service and I will gladly comply. If not, then it is all just your opinion or personal interpretation. You are entitled to that, just as I am entitled to mine. This is a prime example of people taking leveling systems waaaaaay to seriously. A newer member is supposed to kiss the heel of another member simply because they've posted more, read more, or been around longer? Please. :D

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Black_Knight_00
Show me where anything that you just wrote is in the terms of service and I will gladly comply. If not, then it is all just your opinion or personal interpretation. You are entitled to that, just as I am entitled to mine. This is a prime example of people taking leveling systems waaaaaay to seriously. A newer member is supposed to kiss the heel of another member simply because they've posted more, read more, or been around longer? Please. :DComic_Gamer
And this proves you haven't been on gamespot long enough to figure out user-to-user etiquette is not detailed word by word in the TOS. For instance, telling someone to "blog it" is not considered disruptive posting, but is considered rude by the community (which incidentally is pretty much what you did). Second, it's not about the levels: it's about proving yourself as a valuable member of the community, one that people will remember for his or her meaningful posts. There are low level users on these boards that contribute as much as the veterans. I would have objected to your behavior even if you were high level or the thread author were low level. You are flaming a user for making many informational thread and that makes you wrong. Hope that clears it.
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 HilbillyRokstar
[QUOTE="Comic_Gamer"]Show me where anything that you just wrote is in the terms of service and I will gladly comply. If not, then it is all just your opinion or personal interpretation. You are entitled to that, just as I am entitled to mine. This is a prime example of people taking leveling systems waaaaaay to seriously. A newer member is supposed to kiss the heel of another member simply because they've posted more, read more, or been around longer? Please. :DBlack_Knight_00
And this proves you haven't been on gamespot long enough to figure out user-to-user etiquette is not detailed word by word in the TOS. For instance, telling someone to "blog it" is not considered disruptive posting, but is considered rude by the community (which incidentally is pretty much what you did). Second, it's not about the levels: it's about proving yourself as a valuable member of the community, one that people will remember for his or her meaningful posts. There are low level users on these boards that contribute as much as the veterans. I would have objected to your behavior even if you were high level or the thread author were low level. You are flaming a user for making many informational thread and that makes you wrong. Hope that clears it.

Well said.
Comic_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Comic_Gamer

And this proves you haven't been on gamespot long enough to figure out user-to-user etiquette is not detailed word by word in the TOS. For instance, telling someone to "blog it" is not considered disruptive posting, but is considered rude by the community (which incidentally is pretty much what you did). Second, it's not about the levels: it's about proving yourself as a valuable member of the community, one that people will remember for his or her meaningful posts. There are low level users on these boards that contribute as much as the veterans. I would have objected to your behavior even if you were high level or the thread author were low level. You are flaming a user for making many informational thread and that makes you wrong. Hope that clears it.Black_Knight_00

Telling someone that they are posting too much is not the same as telling someone to blog something. Once again, that's your interpretation. I could care less about being a valuable member of a community of people that I don't know. If you would have said that same thing to a high level user, then why did you point out my level when you called me out? Was it to belittle me, and call me a "forum noob"? It sounds to me like you are not practicing the exact "user to user etiquette" that you are preaching. As long as I stay within the terms of use I don't have to worry if "senior" members disagree with what I have to say. Good day.

Thomasdeleo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Thomasdeleo
Member since 2006 • 1984 Posts
[QUOTE="Comic_Gamer"]Dude why do you keep posting articles all day long about Battlefield? It's getting a little over the top. Besides, its not an xbox exclusive so you should post it in another forum. That said I'm happy that they are making improvements since the beta (even though that's common sense). Oviously its good that the glitches are gone. This is kind of a "captain obvious" post. Ha. SexyPorkins
Yet the game is coming out on the 360, so this forum is appropriate.

Agreed
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 HilbillyRokstar

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"] And this proves you haven't been on gamespot long enough to figure out user-to-user etiquette is not detailed word by word in the TOS. For instance, telling someone to "blog it" is not considered disruptive posting, but is considered rude by the community (which incidentally is pretty much what you did). Second, it's not about the levels: it's about proving yourself as a valuable member of the community, one that people will remember for his or her meaningful posts. There are low level users on these boards that contribute as much as the veterans. I would have objected to your behavior even if you were high level or the thread author were low level. You are flaming a user for making many informational thread and that makes you wrong. Hope that clears it.Comic_Gamer

Telling someone that they are posting too much is not the same as telling someone to blog something. Once again, that's your interpretation. I could care less about being a valuable member of a community of people that I don't know. If you would have said that same thing to a high level user, then why did you point out my level when you called me out? Was it to belittle me, and call me a "forum noob"? It sounds to me like you are not practicing the exact "user to user etiquette" that you are preaching. As long as I stay within the terms of use I don't have to worry if "senior" members disagree with what I have to say. Good day.

He was only one of many. Also I went back through my posts and found that the "many" posters you spoke of amounted to you and "soapman72". Why cant you just accept/admit it was the wrong thing to post and move on?

Thomasdeleo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Thomasdeleo
Member since 2006 • 1984 Posts

[QUOTE="Comic_Gamer"]

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"] And this proves you haven't been on gamespot long enough to figure out user-to-user etiquette is not detailed word by word in the TOS. For instance, telling someone to "blog it" is not considered disruptive posting, but is considered rude by the community (which incidentally is pretty much what you did). Second, it's not about the levels: it's about proving yourself as a valuable member of the community, one that people will remember for his or her meaningful posts. There are low level users on these boards that contribute as much as the veterans. I would have objected to your behavior even if you were high level or the thread author were low level. You are flaming a user for making many informational thread and that makes you wrong. Hope that clears it.HilbillyRokstar

He was only one of many. Also I went back through my posts and found that the "many" posters you spoke of amounted to you and "soapman72". Why cant you just accept/admit it was the wrong thing to post and move on?

Bet ya that doesn't happen, just sayin
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 HilbillyRokstar
[QUOTE="HilbillyRokstar"]

[QUOTE="Comic_Gamer"]

Thomasdeleo

Bet ya that doesn't happen, just sayin

I hear ya bro.
SexyPorkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SexyPorkins
Member since 2007 • 1222 Posts
I honestly do not care how much a member posts or how many threads they make as long as they are new, informative, or bring a good discussion to the table. All of the threads that Hillbilly has posted about BF3 have fallen into one of those categories. Keep posting my friend.
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Black_Knight_00

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"] And this proves you haven't been on gamespot long enough to figure out user-to-user etiquette is not detailed word by word in the TOS. For instance, telling someone to "blog it" is not considered disruptive posting, but is considered rude by the community (which incidentally is pretty much what you did). Second, it's not about the levels: it's about proving yourself as a valuable member of the community, one that people will remember for his or her meaningful posts. There are low level users on these boards that contribute as much as the veterans. I would have objected to your behavior even if you were high level or the thread author were low level. You are flaming a user for making many informational thread and that makes you wrong. Hope that clears it.Comic_Gamer

I could explain a third time, but I trust you can go back and read my previous posts. More carefully this time.
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 HilbillyRokstar
I honestly do not care how much a member posts or how many threads they make as long as they are new, informative, or bring a good discussion to the table. All of the threads that Hillbilly has posted about BF3 have fallen into one of those categories. Keep posting my friend.SexyPorkins
Thanks buddy.
MW2ismygame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MW2ismygame
Member since 2010 • 2188 Posts

[QUOTE="Comic_Gamer"]Show me where anything that you just wrote is in the terms of service and I will gladly comply. If not, then it is all just your opinion or personal interpretation. You are entitled to that, just as I am entitled to mine. This is a prime example of people taking leveling systems waaaaaay to seriously. A newer member is supposed to kiss the heel of another member simply because they've posted more, read more, or been around longer? Please. :DBlack_Knight_00

could not have said it better my self and comic_gamer give it a rest you started a fight that you could not win take the loss and move on and btw the game is on 360 and this is the 360 thread just because the pc is the primary platform does not mean a thing your argument is mute

MW2ismygame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 MW2ismygame

from your posts i take it you like to incite rage and instigate dont you? above^^

VHEISU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 VHEISU
Member since 2011 • 365 Posts

from your posts i take it you like to incite rage and instigate dont you? above^^

MW2ismygame
i said "peace" sorry i just had a lil spazim
MW2ismygame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MW2ismygame

[QUOTE="MW2ismygame"]

VHEISU

-_- unamused face is unamused

VHEISU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 VHEISU
Member since 2011 • 365 Posts

[QUOTE="VHEISU"][QUOTE="MW2ismygame"]

MW2ismygame

-_- unamused face is unamused

thats quite original "you won the internets" "brah" "umad" unoriginal comment is unoriginal