I'm seriously thinking about buying a 360...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bluej33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

User Lists: 0

#1 bluej33
Member since 2007 • 687 Posts

Yup...I'm thinking of picking up a 360 sometime in the very near future. But the thing is, I don't want to be jumping on the bandwagon at the relative end of the console's line-up. So, basically: is it really worth shelling out $350 to buy a 360 now? And how much longer is the 360 likely to stick around?

Thanks

DeathStar17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#2 DeathStar17
Member since 2005 • 4858 Posts
They are plenty of great games available that you shouldn't miss and many more should be coming out in the future...
--MAV3R1CK--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#3 --MAV3R1CK--
Member since 2006 • 9346 Posts
You should defientely get it. It is well worth it. You won't be disappointed. There are so much great games coming out and are already out for the 360 that its just a no-brainer to not get it!
shadow8585

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 shadow8585
Member since 2006 • 2947 Posts
If its possible to have too many good games, the 360 is on its way there. Enjoy it man, best console this gen.
Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts

If its possible to have too many good games, the 360 is on its way there. Enjoy it man, best console this gen.shadow8585

Pretty much. You own a Wii? Judging by the avatars.

Well Wii360 is the best combo to own this gen. It really is the best of both worlds. It's never too late to catch up on the great games that have been out.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#6 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Definatly pick a 360 up man!

its a great console and it will be around until 2011 at the least

Also there are alot of good games coming in the future, plus a huge selection of games already out!

ENJOY!

Here are some games i reccomend

Singleplayer = Lost Odyssey, Mass Effect, Kameo, GTA IV, Forza 2, Gears of War

Online = Rainbow6:Vegas 2, Team Fortress 2 (orange box), COD4 and Halo3

Hope that helps!

Also pick up Ninja Gaiden 2 and Alan Wake when they come out!

elitedead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 elitedead
Member since 2007 • 215 Posts

Definatly. Had mine for a year now and never regreted buying it.

kreider204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 kreider204
Member since 2003 • 2519 Posts
My guess is that this generation of consoles will last a bit longer than the last one. There's diminishing returns on the hardware, and frankly, the game designers are barely taking advantage of the hardware that we have right now. I'll bet that we won't evn hear rumours of the next generation of Xbox for a few more years. For cryin' out loud, MS is still trying to build 360s properly! :-)
bluej33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bluej33

Yes, I do indeed own a Wii -- I absolutely love it -- and I've also heard of the popularity of Wii60. I'm actually having to sell the Wii in order to get a 360, but I'm "selling" it to my mom, who just wants it to give to my younger brother as a birthday present. It'll still be in the family and I'm keeping all my games, so I really don't feel bad about this...

Yeah, you guys have pretty much made up my mind. If I get a chance this weekend, I think I'll pick up a 360 and a couple games. Thanks very much!

MsCortana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MsCortana
Member since 2007 • 10565 Posts
Do your research, and if this console can meet your present gaming needs, then I would definitely purchase one. Personally, I would definitely recommend one. :D
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#11 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Yes, I do indeed own a Wii -- I absolutely love it -- and I've also heard of the popularity of Wii60. I'm actually having to sell the Wii in order to get a 360, but I'm "selling" it to my mom, who just wants it to give to my younger brother as a birthday present. It'll still be in the family and I'm keeping all my games, so I really don't feel bad about this...

Yeah, you guys have pretty much made up my mind. If I get a chance this weekend, I think I'll pick up a 360 and a couple games. Thanks very much!

bluej33

Yea ive owned all 3 consoles this gen, but i only kept the Wii and 360, the ps3 i sold awhile ago

Pick a 360 up and let us know what games you grabbed! :D

Zombie_Eric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Zombie_Eric
Member since 2007 • 412 Posts
The 360 should be around at least until 2010, so it's still got a lot of life left in it. And a lot of the great exclusives are getting sequels in the next year or so (Gears of War 2, BioShock 2, Mass Effect 2 (& 3?), etc.), so you'll definately want to pick one up.
dommied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dommied
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
360 will go out of business soon ... don't buy one dumbass
Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts
You won't be disappointed. There are loads of great games for it, and I don't expect there to be a new console for a few years.
stele29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 stele29
Member since 2008 • 551 Posts

360 currently has the strongest catalog of games and has a pretty impressive lineup for 2008. Most of the games coming out in the next 12 months are for both systems, so basically the question is, which exclusives would you prefer? The PS3 has some impressive games coming up but after seeing GTA4 ( have the PS3 version), we can no longer assume they will beat what else is out there. With that said, if you want to start gaming now, the 360 is better. If you want to start gaming in 6 months, the PS3 might give the 360 a run for its money. Either way, you really can't go wrong. Don't let the RROD scare you. Most of the early bugs are out. Besides, if your smart you will get it from Best Buy or some other store that will sell you a warranty. In my opinion Best Buys warranty is top notch. For the price of a game, you get two years where if your console breaks for any reason, you show them its broken, and you get a brand new one right there. I know this because my 360 dvd drive cratered on me, and they gave me a new 360. The best part was at the time I had the older one, and they gave me one of the new updated HDMI versions. :)

Both my 360 and PS3 are covered by these warranties. Good stuff.

bluej33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 bluej33

Kozzy: I definitely will! I hope to get it this weekend, assuming I can find the time, so I'll be sure to let y'all know.

ZombieEric: That's good, I guess...I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't going to be replaced anytime SOON.

dommied: Uh...no comment? :D

Avenger: Yup, that's what I'm looking for! Now I just wish I'd bought one earlier... >.>

stele: I've given quite a bit of thought to the PS3, actually, and I've decided I'm definitely going with the 360, and for a few reasons. One is that I really want a good system NOW, as you bring up, plus there's the fact that my dad is actually considering buying a PS3 anyway, just for the Blu Ray player. We bought a new TV along with an HD DVD player not too long ago, and now, of course, the player is basically useless. My dad is really into the whole HD thing so he just might splurge and buy a PS3 sometime soon...

Also, regarding the warranty: I might think about it, but I'll probably pass on it. I've never really liked that whole idea, plus if you get the RROD, won't Microsoft replace it anyway? If I hear about other common malfunctions I may invest in the warranty, but otherwise I'll just trust Microsoft not to have screwed up the console :D. Thanks very much for your help.

kreider204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kreider204

Regarding the warranty: I might think about it, but I'll probably pass on it. I've never really liked that whole idea, plus if you get the RROD, won't Microsoft replace it anyway? If I hear about other common malfunctions I may invest in the warranty, but otherwise I'll just trust Microsoft not to have screwed up the console :D. Thanks very much for your help. bluej33

I was wondering the same thing. I'm going to pick up a 360 in a couple of weeks, probably from Best Buy, wondering if the $60 2-year warranty is worth it. Opinions, anyone?

stele29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 stele29
Member since 2008 • 551 Posts

[QUOTE="bluej33"] Regarding the warranty: I might think about it, but I'll probably pass on it. I've never really liked that whole idea, plus if you get the RROD, won't Microsoft replace it anyway? If I hear about other common malfunctions I may invest in the warranty, but otherwise I'll just trust Microsoft not to have screwed up the console :D. Thanks very much for your help. kreider204

I was wondering the same thing. I'm going to pick up a 360 in a couple of weeks, probably from Best Buy, wondering if the $60 2-year warranty is worth it. Opinions, anyone?

I normally pass on all warranties but in my opinion this one is def worth it. Case being that if you buy your 360 and it breaks...yes, microsoft will repair it or send you a refurbished unit..but either way, the ball is in their court. Plus your out your console for the duration. With the in store warranties, they don't bother with repairs..they just give you a new unit. For one less game in two years you get the piece of mind knowing that if your unit fries for any reason, you can just swap it out for a updated unit. Anyway, thats my take. Warranty or no warranty, I believe most of the major bugs are fixed with the 360 so you can feel good about it.

I own both systems so i'm not being partial.....the 360 is simply the better all around gaming system right now. Plus microsoft finally nailed it with that control. I used to think the PS2 controller was ultimate...but after using the 360 controller going to my PS3 is really awkward in comparison........now if I could just use my 360 controller on my PS3............. :D

kreider204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kreider204
thanks, appreciate you advice.
OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts

Yup...I'm thinking of picking up a 360 sometime in the very near future. But the thing is, I don't want to be jumping on the bandwagon at the relative end of the console's line-up. So, basically: is it really worth shelling out $350 to buy a 360 now? And how much longer is the 360 likely to stick around?

Thanks

bluej33

yes