IGN - 360 version of MLB2K7 blows away PS3 version.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wunoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 wunoi
Member since 2007 • 610 Posts

http://sports.ign.com/articles/757/757962p2.html

3. "Other Differences Between the PS3 and 360

The 360 version simply looks better. The colors pop. The animations, at this point, run smoother. So much for spending $600.

To top it off, while full 30-man online leagues will be available on the 360, right now the PS3 plan is for up to 12-man leagues (although the team is pushing hard to get 30-man teams in the PS3 version as well, but it might be too much to ask).

What do you get if you're a PS3 owner? You get the ability to swing your bat by pushing the controller forward in a motion like you're sliding the soup back to the waiter because you just found a fly in your minestrone. First swing I took with the PS3 controller, I hit a homerun. Does that mean it's too easy? We'll wait and see, but something like this, in my opinion, would be better off left to the homerun derby. If you're preaching authenticity, it seem contradictory to then all of a sudden tell people that they have hold the controller flat out in front of their body then push it forward to swing. At least when you're playing Wii Sports, you're swinging the controller like a bat. Here, something about the experience just seems awkward. You can keep the soup."

"One thing about location and gameplay that's missing on the PS3, though, is the ability to feel the location of your pitches through the rumble. Obviously, there is no rumble on the PS3 controller, so how are you supposed to hide your location from the batter by using the rumble to know when you're out of the strike zone? IGN's own Hilary Goldstein brought this up during the demo and it was something I never even thought about before, but he's right. PS3 owners are going to have a hell of a time hiding their pitch location in 2-player contests unless 2K comes up with a new way for pitchers to know when their moving out of the zone."

rishi44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 rishi44
Member since 2005 • 482 Posts
While i'd get the Wii version for my non-existent Wii any-day over the 360 version, if it were to be released for a Wii, which it hasn't . . . i'm going to pick this up when it comes out. 
mfacek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 mfacek
Member since 2006 • 3000 Posts
I'm surprised, but not entirely.
Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

The 360 version simply looks better. The colors pop. The animations, at this point, run smoother. So much for spending $600.

To top it off, while full 30-man online leagues will be available on the 360, right now the PS3 plan is for up to 12-man leagues (although the team is pushing hard to get 30-man teams in the PS3 version as well, but it might be too much to ask).

What do you get if you're a PS3 owner? You get the ability to swing your bat by pushing the controller forward in a motion like you're sliding the soup back to the waiter because you just found a fly in your minestrone. First swing I took with the PS3 controller, I hit a homerun. Does that mean it's too easy? We'll wait and see, but something like this, in my opinion, would be better off left to the homerun derby. If you're preaching authenticity, it seem contradictory to then all of a sudden tell people that they have hold the controller flat out in front of their body then push it forward to swing. At least when you're playing Wii Sports, you're swinging the controller like a bat. Here, something about the experience just seems awkward. You can keep the soup."

"One thing about location and gameplay that's missing on the PS3, though, is the ability to feel the location of your pitches through the rumble. Obviously, there is no rumble on the PS3 controller, so how are you supposed to hide your location from the batter by using the rumble to know when you're out of the strike zone? IGN's own Hilary Goldstein brought this up during the demo and it was something I never even thought about before, but he's right. PS3 owners are going to have a hell of a time hiding their pitch location in 2-player contests unless 2K comes up with a new way for pitchers to know when their moving out of the zone."

wunoi

post this in SW for cow ownage

DarthKalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DarthKalo
Member since 2006 • 902 Posts
You don't often hear IGN bashing the PS3, NICE!
wunoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 wunoi
Member since 2007 • 610 Posts
[QUOTE="wunoi"]

chikenfriedrice

post this in SW for cow ownage

You need to do it, I ran out of my "10 topics a day" limit in System Wars, so I was hoping one of you would do it! :D
balindos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 balindos
Member since 2003 • 2424 Posts
So that just adds to all the multiplat games that look better on the 360.  You know what you are going to hear. Its 1st gen games vs 2nd gen games. Blah blah blah and then it will be 2nd gen games vs 3rd gen games.   Hey so far 360 has the best graphics and until PS3 shows some good graphics on gameplay I will stick to my belief.  All the 2ks looked better on the 360
DarthKalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DarthKalo
Member since 2006 • 902 Posts
I'll do it.
Avatar image for Darius_Kasparai
Darius_Kasparai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 Darius_Kasparai
Member since 2006 • 28 Posts
this game looks amazing. i have been rocking nba2k7 and nhl2k7. baseballl spring training is starting. i need to get this game asap...
Avatar image for Millennium_King
Millennium_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Millennium_King
Member since 2006 • 4362 Posts
wtf? :?
F1Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 F1Lengend
Member since 2005 • 7909 Posts
So that just adds to all the multiplat games that look better on the 360. You know what you are going to hear. Its 1st gen games vs 2nd gen games. Blah blah blah and then it will be 2nd gen games vs 3rd gen games. Hey so far 360 has the best graphics and until PS3 shows some good graphics on gameplay I will stick to my belief. All the 2ks looked better on the 360balindos
Thats because all the 2K's have been on 360 last year. True or false. MLB 2k looked Great on 360 last year?
w7w7w7w7w7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 w7w7w7w7w7
Member since 2006 • 4891 Posts
moooooo!
michael098

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 michael098
Member since 2006 • 3441 Posts

wunoi
Its not because the ps3 doesn't have enough power its just that its really hard to make games for, alot of devs are saying that the 360 is capable of better graphics, im not just saying this to piss people of it is really what i herd, and who's to say the ps3s power will ever be pushed to its full potential. Its obvious that the 360 will be seen more better looking games.
foofighter2455

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 foofighter2455
Member since 2004 • 59 Posts
[QUOTE="balindos"]So that just adds to all the multiplat games that look better on the 360. You know what you are going to hear. Its 1st gen games vs 2nd gen games. Blah blah blah and then it will be 2nd gen games vs 3rd gen games. Hey so far 360 has the best graphics and until PS3 shows some good graphics on gameplay I will stick to my belief. All the 2ks looked better on the 360F1Lengend
Thats because all the 2K's have been on 360 last year. True or false. MLB 2k looked Great on 360 last year?

false, the game was garbage.
nicholas400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 nicholas400
Member since 2007 • 163 Posts
[QUOTE="F1Lengend"][QUOTE="balindos"]So that just adds to all the multiplat games that look better on the 360. You know what you are going to hear. Its 1st gen games vs 2nd gen games. Blah blah blah and then it will be 2nd gen games vs 3rd gen games. Hey so far 360 has the best graphics and until PS3 shows some good graphics on gameplay I will stick to my belief. All the 2ks looked better on the 360foofighter2455

false, the game was garbage.

Agreed, "looked" pretty crappy. Very choppy.
5th_element

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 5th_element
Member since 2006 • 881 Posts
Yeah i know!
nicholas400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 nicholas400
Member since 2007 • 163 Posts
But i still have the 2k7 on preorder. Baseball is my game. Not a lot of choices. But i'm excited about this one.
limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts
Its fine when IGN says this stuff but it Gamespot says it "ooo teh biased!"
davaniius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 davaniius
Member since 2007 • 498 Posts
Yeah,that's true!
Its fine when IGN says this stuff but it Gamespot says it "ooo teh biased!"limpbizkit818
vidiofreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 vidiofreak
Member since 2003 • 427 Posts
Well the Xbox 360 so far is the better system, though I will get a ps3.. only for MGS4
Avatar image for ColoradoKindBud
ColoradoKindBud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ColoradoKindBud
Member since 2005 • 23882 Posts
Why are we talking about the PS3 in the 360 forums again???