If you could only choose between Mass Effect and Assassins Creed.....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AssassinExDeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 83

User Lists: 0

#1 AssassinExDeus
Member since 2007 • 81 Posts

If you could only choose between Mass Effect and Assassins Creed to get which would you buy and why? AND NO loopholes or ways around it! One or the other! No ifs, ands or buts!

Since I can ONLY get one I have to choose Assassins Creed. I want to play Mass Effect badly but as badly as I want to play it I know I will probably like Assassins Creed more. Not to mention I like sword games more. However the down side is Mass Effect supposedly has a massive storyline that will take a long time to beat.

Skull338

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Skull338
Member since 2006 • 477 Posts
I would go for Assassins Creed as iv been looking forward to it longer and would prefer to play that sort of game. The whole grab any ledge thing is a dream come true and cant wait for it :D
raylewisnfl52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 raylewisnfl52
Member since 2005 • 7146 Posts
Mass Effect, if I am going to spend $60 then I want a game to last me. Since both dont have a multiplayer Mass Effect looks like its going to be way longer.
DaKidLiLJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DaKidLiLJ
Member since 2007 • 842 Posts
mass effect...i prefer modern or futuristic shooting games...only games with swords that caught my attention is oblivion and it's fun so Assassins Creed i will play...especially cause me and my friend are gonna trade, he's getting creed and I'm getting effect so yeah i will say Mass Effect
capthavic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#5 capthavic
Member since 2003 • 6478 Posts
I'd have to wait for the reviews then because I don't feel strongly one way or the other.
-Aus-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 -Aus-
Member since 2007 • 303 Posts

Mass Effect. I've been waiting more then 2 years for it. Character customazation is something that adds loads of replay value to a game. And it's not a short game to begin with. It will most likely have a very engaging story line and probably some memorable characters. Plus, you will have allot to explore.

KOTOR was a very good RPG. It had all things mentioned above except (in my opinion) rock-solid gameplay. If a game was suppose to be made from KOTOR's gameplay alone it would be abysmal. Yet, it was a classic because it had a great story, memorable characters and a nice dialogue system.

Mass Effect improved loads upon KOTOR's unique dialogue system, no doubt the character customization has been enhanced and improved, the story line as I hear seems to be better then KOTOR's, the graphics are obviously light years ahead of it and it looks like it's going to have that one thing that KOTOR lacked. Awesome gameplay.

So, I can't really wait for that game. Assassin's Creed looks good too and I'll probably get that also, but if I'd have to choose it's Mass Effect all the way.

darthzew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#7 darthzew
Member since 2005 • 1213 Posts
Mass Effect, after reading the review in Game Informer.... I must have it (9.75)
KGB32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 KGB32
Member since 2007 • 4279 Posts

hmmm i wanna test out Mass Effect, but in reality i won't choose between the two....i'd get them both probably

shaunchgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 shaunchgo
Member since 2006 • 4605 Posts
I would choose Assassins Creed. I just might pass on Mass Effect all together because from the gameplay vids, the combat system will probably frustrate the heck out of me. I will probably give it a rent and if I find it enjoyable, I will definitely pick it uptoaddvariety to my collection of my mostlyFPS and sports titles.
Riisu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Riisu
Member since 2003 • 216 Posts

Mass Effect. Just because I really want to play a good RPG. I will be buying AC as well off course :P

wittbolds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 wittbolds
Member since 2007 • 503 Posts
I dislike Bioware RPG's and Mass Effect seems like a run-ff from Knights of the Old Republic, a game which I could not get into at all. I'll stick with Assassin's Creed, I'll put money on it that it also gets higher ratings than Mass Effect. 50$ on the table !
Abito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Abito
Member since 2003 • 115 Posts
My money is going with Mass Effect since a lot of magazines have rated it over a 9 already. The most i will expect from assassins creed is a 8.5 or maybe a 9.0, 9.1., 9.2??? it's a good game but not good enough to get higher than mass effect. Besides mass effect is gonna be WAAAAAAAYYYY longer.
OfficerJurala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 OfficerJurala
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
I'd have to say Mass Effect. That game is going to be awesome...there is no way around it. Looks like another nail in the coffin for PS3.
Trickshot771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Trickshot771
Member since 2005 • 12686 Posts
Mass Effect. I have no plans of playing Assassin's Creed.
OfficerJurala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 OfficerJurala
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
I would bet my 360 Elite that Mass Effect's rating is easily higher than Assassins Creed. The games are in no way the same but Mass Effect (belive it or not) is going to be doing things in a game that just really haven't been possible without next gen hardware. Assassins Creed (which i'm sure will be good to) is Prince of Persia esq and therefore definitely will not have a higher rating. For the record though I'll be owning both.
airbo0309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 airbo0309
Member since 2006 • 1021 Posts
Not a RPG fan at all,so Assassin's Creed for me.
Raz0redge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Raz0redge
Member since 2004 • 1796 Posts
Mass Effect, definitely.
wayofthestee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 wayofthestee
Member since 2005 • 119 Posts
I would get whichever came out first... isn't it AC? But in reality i have a job so I can buy both w00tzzorrxz
LuisM13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LuisM13
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I'd have to go with Assassins Creed maybe its a kind of an andvanced Prince of Persia from a gameplay perspective but the setting and story are completely original whens the last game you played in the time of the Crusades? Sure Im sure Mass Effect will be good but its another sci-fi game like Gears or Halo another redundant worn out cliched genre, Plus I'm not really impressed buy what I've seen it seems you go from a galaxy menu into a planet which will probably be a small patch of areas. Now if they had made some type of crazy full streaming galaxy I would be sold but this was all previously done on KOTOR and the game play seems like an advanced GRAW or GOW.
XGamer_09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 XGamer_09
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Assassins Creed. Never even heard of Mass effect maybe ill look into that
Blasto19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Blasto19
Member since 2007 • 71 Posts
i'll probably get both but if i had to choose 1, i'll pick AC. Graphics, sandbox, ftw
flowdee79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 flowdee79
Member since 2007 • 4483 Posts
Dont have a lot of time for video games so probably AC
K4ss3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#23 K4ss3r
Member since 2004 • 8697 Posts
It's a tough choice, but I'd choose Assassin's Creed, since I've been more interested in that game for longer.
makemeweak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 makemeweak
Member since 2005 • 1137 Posts
Mass Effect - hands down. I think AC will be an awesome game, but in no way superior to Mass Effect.
darkelf505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#25 darkelf505
Member since 2006 • 342 Posts
EASY- Mass effect. Have you read the reviews coming out on it? 9.75 from game Informer. The games looks to move the entire sci fi rpg genre to a new level.
Knubbz360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Knubbz360
Member since 2007 • 470 Posts
I'll more than likely get both, but if I had to choose one it would be Assassin's Creed. Most anything Ubisoft makes is a sure win and if it plays anything like Prince of Persia...I'm in.
Expo_Smacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#27 Expo_Smacko
Member since 2007 • 2332 Posts

Hm..

Assassins Creed

Galzakian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#28 Galzakian
Member since 2004 • 5160 Posts
32 versions of the same topic later and i'm still going with Mass Effect :D Although I am getting both.
Djinnator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Djinnator
Member since 2007 • 645 Posts
I'm looking forward to assassins creed more. it's set during the crusades, its a sandbox, and will havefun controls. Mass Effect doesn't look like it will hold my interest, even though it will be an undeniably great game.
Avatar image for SentryGunner411
SentryGunner411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SentryGunner411
Member since 2007 • 1047 Posts
I'm not sure about Mass Effect's gameplay so I am going to buy Assassins Creed and rent Mass Effect.
tryfe_lyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#31 tryfe_lyn
Member since 2005 • 4122 Posts
ME
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#32 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts
Mass Effect. BioWare's record with me is outstanding. Ubisoft, not so much.
s3an_looi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 s3an_looi
Member since 2004 • 721 Posts
Mass Effect... the scope of the game is just amazing. There's a lot of replay value in this one.
veitari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 veitari
Member since 2007 • 240 Posts
Mass Effect, hands down. Just because it's Bioware. I really need agreat RPG right now.
FlashCharge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#35 FlashCharge
Member since 2007 • 2239 Posts
I believe you have already answered your own question. There is no sword fighting in Mass Effect! Wait till later and get Mass Effect.
Licurgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Licurgo
Member since 2003 • 52 Posts
Mass Effect for sure...
bazanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37 bazanger
Member since 2004 • 2838 Posts
Assassin's Creed, hands down.
RojAvon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#38 RojAvon
Member since 2005 • 922 Posts

If you could only choose between Mass Effect and Assassins Creed to get which would you buy and why? AND NO loopholes or ways around it! One or the other! No ifs, ands or buts!

Since I can ONLY get one I have to choose Assassins Creed. I want to play Mass Effect badly but as badly as I want to play it I know I will probably like Assassins Creed more. Not to mention I like sword games more. However the down side is Mass Effect supposedly has a massive storyline that will take a long time to beat.

AssassinExDeus

As good as the movies for AC look I just have a nasty feeling that it won't be as great as it promises. If I'm picking today and only picking one then I feel more secure that Mass Effect will be awesome....I think AC has the potential to disappoint.

jmartinez1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 jmartinez1983
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts

Not even close, Mass Effect.

I picked up the prequel book, Mass Effect: Revelation, and its a decent read. Lots of action and it really sets the stage for the game.

Kennyofhearts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Kennyofhearts
Member since 2007 • 2297 Posts
Man this is a hard one, I'd choose..... Mass Effect. Simply because I'm not good at stealth.