I use my 360 mainly for movies and shows now.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Col_Kilgore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Col_Kilgore
Member since 2003 • 3056 Posts

Don't get me wrong, I love my 360. I just haven't been able to get any games for it. Right now, I download HD movies and convert them to MP4 so I can watch it on my external HD I have connected to my 360. I can't believe the quality. I barely use my DVD player anymore. Watching Episode III in HD was a great treat.

The only thing that is a disadvantage is the sound. I can't get a Dolby Digital 5.1 MP4. It's always proLogic, and doesn't seem to seperate the channels well. The left, right, and center channel especially don't seem to mix the sound right, like it's all jumbled together.

Is there anything better to use? Right now I use GOTSent. At first I used TEMPEnc to convert the .mkv file to an HD Windows Media file, which allows a 5.1 sound, but the framerate was too low no matter what I tried. So MP4 gives superb quality and framerate, but a barely passable sound quality.

DJCUEBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DJCUEBALL
Member since 2008 • 2562 Posts
I use it for movies and such as well and for playing the exclusives games on it.
Avatar image for SherlockHolmes1
SherlockHolmes1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SherlockHolmes1
Member since 2008 • 137 Posts
I don't watch anything on my Elite, I like my components whisper quiet (other than my stereo) when watching a movie/show and the 360 is loud enough to be distracting. Yes during action sequences it's going to drown out, but not during quiet scenes and worse when you are watching things in the dead of night when everything is quiet and the 360 sounds like a car warming up. I heard the newer 360's run more quiet, but I haven't heard them enough to say myself.
eXists

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#4 eXists
Member since 2003 • 1649 Posts
Now with Netflix coming I plan to use it more and more, maybe even get rid of cable, too much crap that I don't watch. my only concern is the cost especially if u start watching TV shows, wouldn't that be too much? How much are we talking about Monthly? Is $50 sufficient or it's going to be $100+
Djmaster214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Djmaster214
Member since 2005 • 3240 Posts

Now with Netflix coming I plan to use it more and more, maybe even get rid of cable, too much crap that I don't watch. my only concern is the cost especially if u start watching TV shows, wouldn't that be too much? How much are we talking about Monthly? Is $50 sufficient or it's going to be $100+eXists

lets hope it is a 100 dollars a year then all the little kids will leave live.

also i never use my xbox for movies only f*cking awesome games your missing out dude