I tried to beat the system but the system beat me (Oblivion)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

greedom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 greedom
Member since 2005 • 347 Posts
So here's my predicament. I've owned the original version of Oblivion since it came out and I really wanted to get the expansion packs for it but by the time the said expansions came out, I had lost my ability to connect to XBOX Live for various reasons so when my friend said I could borrow his edition of the game with expansions included, I jumped on it. Of course I didn't concider that I might not be able to take it off if it didn't work so now I'm stuck with a useless Oblivion disk. Is there any way to remove the expansion? I haven't played into the expansion at all since I installed it so I didn't mess anything up if I could uninstall it.
vitriolboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 vitriolboy
Member since 2005 • 4356 Posts
Clearing the cache might work
eXists

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#3 eXists
Member since 2003 • 1649 Posts
I think it was keeping the A button pressed until the Bethesda logo goes or something.
greedom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 greedom
Member since 2005 • 347 Posts
I'm not one for bumping but my disk is a useless hunk of trash unless someone has more suggestions.
Aaron89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Aaron89
Member since 2003 • 3377 Posts

Still no luck, eh? Well, I'm not sure since I've never been in this situation -- but try manually deleting it from the HDD (assuming it was installed). Go to "Memory" then "Games", and under Oblivion it may be listed. If you can, delete it. No idea why this might work, but if you haven't already tried it -- go ahead.

Chico_Azteca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Chico_Azteca
Member since 2008 • 2386 Posts

i also own a release version of the game (colectors edition)

never had a problem with that

have you updated it?

cleared the cache? (i've never done it btw)

nicknees93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 nicknees93
Member since 2005 • 3250 Posts

Still no luck, eh? Well, I'm not sure since I've never been in this situation -- but try manually deleting it from the HDD (assuming it was installed). Go to "Memory" then "Games", and under Oblivion it may be listed. If you can, delete it. No idea why this might work, but if you haven't already tried it -- go ahead.

Aaron89
I'd try this too.