i really dont think they should make a new xbox any time soon

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MGamer333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MGamer333
Member since 2008 • 519 Posts

i just want to see everyone's opinion on it do u think they should make a new xbox within the next 5 years?i think the xbox360 right now is great and they should really need to make a new one until 5 years or more later. i mean all they really have to do is just update it once in a while and keep the news going. Plus many people are just getting a 360 and i really dont want to spend my money on a new console anytime soon. Anyone agree???

gus524

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 gus524
Member since 2008 • 66 Posts

I think you are correct, i think they need to fix the rrod even more and with natal coming out it should last long' and they couldeven add attachments to natal for the 360 to last longer.

Dark5tar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 Dark5tar1
Member since 2006 • 1127 Posts

i just want to see everyone's opinion on it do u think they should make a new xbox within the next 5 years?i think the xbox360 right now is great and they should really need to make a new one until 5 years or more later. i mean all they really have to do is just update it once in a while and keep the news going. Plus many people are just getting a 360 and i really dont want to spend my money on a new console anytime soon. Anyone agree???

MGamer333

Yeah, you got a point, Microsoft already has a lot of success with the 360 and shouldn't make a new one so soon. G4 also made a point that more consoles shouldn't come so fast.

colt1831

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 colt1831
Member since 2009 • 587 Posts
Natal will hold off a new console , They Can Do 3D without a new console another attachment probably,and They might try a slim model
ojsampson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ojsampson
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
i agree with you guys. the xbox360 is still a baby and has lots of potential and room for improvement. with the natel generation coming out, xbox has stepped it up and become the premier console system. plus i just bought one about 3 months ago and i don't want to see it outdated before i get my money's worth lol
violian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 violian
Member since 2004 • 1431 Posts

The potential of both the 360 and PS3 has barely been tapped into thus far....graphics-wise. The only limitations that devleopers are facing with the 360 right now is storage, cuz DVD's only hold 7-9GB of data. Some games for the 360 are already coming in 2 discs. But yeah, I'm really happy with my 360, and don't see any reason to upgrade anytime soon.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30688 Posts
Some games? Has there been games besides the upcoming Mass Effect 2 that required 2 disc? Either way even if a sparatic few needed 2 disc, thats not a problem in the least bit. ^Natal has to prove itself before its anything more than a gimmick for MS. The only thing about MS is when they do come out with a new console; they need not rush it this time and make sure the hardware is reliable.
HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 HavocV3
Member since 2009 • 8068 Posts

As long as it's not before Nov. 2012. Shouldn't release anything before then.

Plus Natal would be fine with working on future systems, I'd say it won't be about hardcore graphics or anything, so it'd still have 360 support.

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

The potential of both the 360 and PS3 has barely been tapped into thus far....graphics-wise. The only limitations that devleopers are facing with the 360 right now is storage, cuz DVD's only hold 7-9GB of data. Some games for the 360 are already coming in 2 discs. But yeah, I'm really happy with my 360, and don't see any reason to upgrade anytime soon.

violian
This. And I don't see the problem at all with switching discs ONCE in a games lifetime. Almost every multi-play game looks better on the 360 anyways so Microsoft has no reason for a new console anytime soon.
HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 HavocV3
Member since 2009 • 8068 Posts

[QUOTE="violian"]

firefox59

This. And I don't see the problem at all with switching discs ONCE in a games lifetime. Almost every multi-play game looks better on the 360 anyways so Microsoft has no reason for a new console anytime soon.

Yup. Computers have dealt with multiple discs for a decade. Crysis- 3 DVD discs. I had Battlefront 2/Madden on 3 CD discs. Tons of PC games on 2 and then the occasional game that fit onto a 700mb CD and still had a sizable campaign and the best replayability around.

Though, I would think you can install the entire 2nd Disc, and just use the first disc anyways. So meh for me. I install every game I get.

PS3 has some mandatory installs with some select exclusives, so it seems to be a trend one way or another.

o0MrCheesy0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 o0MrCheesy0o
Member since 2009 • 139 Posts

Agreed, the current xbox we have is good enough for now imo.

And having a game on 2 discs isn't a bad thing, some of my favorite games have been on 2 discs. One being Abe's Exodus for the PSone.

Sickology101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Sickology101
Member since 2009 • 73 Posts

Yea, i'm more then happy with the 360. if the RROD is fixed then theres no reason for a new xbox just yet.

ghost5891

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#13 ghost5891
Member since 2004 • 1296 Posts
i agree. i could go along time with the 360 ESPECIALLY if they fix the rrod. then i would be a very happy camper. besides i imagine people don't have the money for a new console at 500-600 dollars anyways.
DeadApeBladder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DeadApeBladder
Member since 2009 • 692 Posts

I'll be ready for a new Xbox in a little over 2 years.

OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts

I really don't care when they come out with the next Microsoft console because I'm having a ton of fun with my 360 and there are still a lot of games that I want.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#16 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

2012 imo would be a good time.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#17 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

[QUOTE="firefox59"][QUOTE="violian"]

HavocV3

Yup. Computers have dealt with multiple discs for a decade. Crysis- 3 DVD discs.

Sorry bud but that is wrong.... I own Crysis and its on 1 DISC only. (well actually I own two differnt copies because one came free with my videocard and the other I bought few months before. Both copies are only one disc for isntall and to play, same with CRYSIS WARHEAD)

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#18 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
5 years is a very long time, i severly doubt you will have this same opinion in 2 years let alone 5
Tree06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Tree06
Member since 2006 • 3552 Posts

I don't think there should be a new console anytime soon. What else can you add to the X360 that it doesn't already have? 3D gaming?

LittleEnid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 LittleEnid
Member since 2009 • 552 Posts

I'll be pissed if they release something in the next 3 years. I've spent too much money on games and accessories for this damned console for them to release a new one so soon.

Tree06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Tree06
Member since 2006 • 3552 Posts

I'll be pissed if they release something in the next 3 years. I've spent too much money on games and accessories for this damned console for them to release a new one so soon.

LittleEnid
If they made everything compatible. Would you still gripe about it?
ThyNameIsGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ThyNameIsGeek
Member since 2009 • 66 Posts
The XBOX 360 has had success comparable to the PS2, that system has been out a long time, and although newer and better Playstations are coming out, games are constantly being released for it. The XBOX 360 is the PS2 of Microsoft, and Project Natal could be the PS3. **Disclaimer** I am an XBOX owner and always will be, I bought my first XBOX with my own money and got the Halo 3 X360 as soon as I could. Playstation was simply a means of explanation. That is all.
violian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 violian
Some games? Has there been games besides the upcoming Mass Effect 2 that required 2 disc? Either way even if a sparatic few needed 2 disc, thats not a problem in the least bit. ^Natal has to prove itself before its anything more than a gimmick for MS. The only thing about MS is when they do come out with a new console; they need not rush it this time and make sure the hardware is reliable. Sepewrath
There are multiple games with multiple discs: Oblivion, Forza 3, Mass Effect, and others.
C0LTF0URTiF1V3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 C0LTF0URTiF1V3
Member since 2009 • 47 Posts
Agreed 100%, I don't feel like putting up 300-600 dollars for another console so soon
violian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 violian
i agree. i could go along time with the 360 ESPECIALLY if they fix the rrod. then i would be a very happy camper. besides i imagine people don't have the money for a new console at 500-600 dollars anyways.ghost5891
"if they fix the rrod"? All of the new Xbox's manufactured after ~July 2008 uses the new Falcon motherboard with the new smaller 45nm chip that doesn't overheat anymore. My old xbox 360 was sent to MS 2x to get the RROD fixed...to no avail. So I gave up and purchased the newer Falcon 360's in Oct last year. It's been ~1.5 years, and I've never gotten any heat issues yet on my new 360.
Easports48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Easports48
Member since 2005 • 1761 Posts

NO,NO. Keep the 360 for a long while...

basic369

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 basic369
Member since 2008 • 81 Posts

LittleEnid

Haha, i laughed when I saw this 'cause its same for me. But I agree with most people. Theres no need for a new X360 console. When they release Natal it will also be like Wii in the X360 :P

shaunchgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 shaunchgo
Member since 2006 • 4605 Posts
Some games? Has there been games besides the upcoming Mass Effect 2 that required 2 disc? Either way even if a sparatic few needed 2 disc, thats not a problem in the least bit. ^Natal has to prove itself before its anything more than a gimmick for MS. The only thing about MS is when they do come out with a new console; they need not rush it this time and make sure the hardware is reliable. Sepewrath
Forza 3
Avatar image for guitarsrock4eva
guitarsrock4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 guitarsrock4eva
Member since 2008 • 373 Posts
To be honest I think a new console will come out in the next 2 years. I think they will use Natal on the 360 as a testing ground for the next console. I ddo hope however that they don't just stop doing anything on the 360 when they new console comes out like they did with the old xbox. I think though that as soon as people start getting more money and we are really out of the credit crunch we will see all the new consoles taking shape. Though from what I've heard before, MS might have already started developing the new console a couple of years back. I have high hopes for the next console by MS as they are taking great steps in the games console world and I think they will have learnt from their mistakes this gen. I would be willing to bet that they will try and release the new console at least a year before any new Sony console like this gen so to get a headstart in sales. Although this might not be good as when you look at this gen, after the 360 was released Sony added loads of stuff to the PS3 which the 360 didn't have like wireless. I hope the new console makes good use of Natal though, I also hope it has built in wireless and blu-ray. Another thing I'd like to see is, you know how PS3 can be like a home PC with internet browsing, they can even get Microsoft products like Word and Publisher onto their consoles. I'd like to see something like that.
riccardo90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 riccardo90
Member since 2005 • 178 Posts

i just bought mine hope that another MS console will not come out anytime soon, whats the rush anyway, the gaming industry just scraped the xbox and ps3's potential

Dordledum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Dordledum
Member since 2009 • 1754 Posts

Backward compatibility is the thing here. If they make sure I can play all old Xbox and Xbox 360 games on a new console, I wouldn't mind buying a new one in about 2 years. Backwards compatibility could've been handled better with the Xbox->360 transfer though, so not keeping my hopes up.

shaman_69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 shaman_69
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
The 360 is still going strong. If a new Xbox comes out I will burn Microsoft down to the ground!
jpstill85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 jpstill85
Member since 2006 • 440 Posts

I don't really care when they release it... as long as they spend a good amount of time creating a quality product that is stable and will revolutionize console gaming with the new technologies available today.They may as well add in 3D support, perhaps a higher possible resolution given that 1080p may be 480 in the not too distant future, and whatever else they think they should do to make gaming more awesome. If they're just going to release a more expensive expansion of what currently exists as their next gen console, then I would be sorely disappointed.

2pac_makaveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 2pac_makaveli
Member since 2008 • 1681 Posts
i agree best console ive ever owned the graphics keep getting better and better, to the point where i dnt need them to be any better
chefstubbies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#35 chefstubbies
Member since 2007 • 2583 Posts

[QUOTE="Sepewrath"]Some games? Has there been games besides the upcoming Mass Effect 2 that required 2 disc? Either way even if a sparatic few needed 2 disc, thats not a problem in the least bit. ^Natal has to prove itself before its anything more than a gimmick for MS. The only thing about MS is when they do come out with a new console; they need not rush it this time and make sure the hardware is reliable.

violian

There are multiple games with multiple discs: Oblivion, Forza 3, Mass Effect, and others.

What are you talking about?

Oblivion was on one disc, as was Mass Effect.

MGamer333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 MGamer333
Member since 2008 • 519 Posts
i heard rumor that they might have a new xbox coming out somewhere in 2010 is that true because they say that gears of war 3 is probably coming out in 2010 and is only for the new xbox wtf???
RadioGooGoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 RadioGooGoo
Member since 2007 • 253 Posts

The earliest a new console could ever hope of reaching us is by 2013. That would make it an 8 year life cycle. Not bad by any means. And its important for Microsoft to continue getting head starts on Sony.

ghost5891

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#38 ghost5891
Member since 2004 • 1296 Posts
[QUOTE="ghost5891"]i agree. i could go along time with the 360 ESPECIALLY if they fix the rrod. then i would be a very happy camper. besides i imagine people don't have the money for a new console at 500-600 dollars anyways.violian
"if they fix the rrod"? All of the new Xbox's manufactured after ~July 2008 uses the new Falcon motherboard with the new smaller 45nm chip that doesn't overheat anymore. My old xbox 360 was sent to MS 2x to get the RROD fixed...to no avail. So I gave up and purchased the newer Falcon 360's in Oct last year. It's been ~1.5 years, and I've never gotten any heat issues yet on my new 360.

i had a launch console get the rrod then the system i got in place of that got the rrod, so then i specifically got a falcon and that just got the rrod 3 months ago so the falcon isn't perfect. and no my xbox isn't stuffed in an entertainment center it's on top with tons of air.
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#39 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I don't want to see a new console for at least another 3 years.

KGB32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 KGB32
Member since 2007 • 4279 Posts
even though consoles are showing age in visuals compared to pcs, I think the 360 and PS3 should last 2 years. But with MS and Sony just now bringing in these motion controls, it will probably last until 2013
Toxic8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#41 Toxic8
Member since 2007 • 1653 Posts

In this day and age with game consoles getting to $300-$400 and up and with games around $60-$70 and up I think they need to let these systems stay around longer than they have been. It costs too much money for the average person to keep up with the trends. They cant expect someone to fork over $300 and then turn around a few years later and spend more on another system. Just doesnt make sense.

xboxmad12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#42 xboxmad12
Member since 2009 • 575 Posts

The xbox 360 is nearly 5 years old .

the consle is huge like a brick

graphics are showing there age like -MW2 Forza 3. AC2 is ok but the textures are a bit suckish

a new slim model with no RROD and some new graphic drives would be good but then again would you buy it ?

Toxic8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#43 Toxic8
Member since 2007 • 1653 Posts

I prob would not buy a newer slim model, but a newer looking one would do some good for astetics.

stupid4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 80

#44 stupid4
Member since 2008 • 3695 Posts

I think the current generation of consoles cost so much money to make that the companies are planing on holding off for a while.