I never realised how loud my Xbox really was

This topic is locked from further discussion.

brandontwb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 brandontwb
Member since 2008 • 4325 Posts
After playing installed games for long, I put in a game that I hadn't installed, and my Xbox was really loud. But it'd get a lot quieter when I held the disk drive with my fingers. So basically the outer chrome part of the disk tray is vibrating making the noise. Is this a common problem, any solution? Thanks.
killzone_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#2 killzone_gamer
Member since 2007 • 2333 Posts
Lol. Well, my friend had an Xbox, and when he first put a disc in it'd do that, but then it'd stop.
penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 penpusher
Member since 2004 • 3573 Posts
all xbox360's make loud noise,
celtic20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 celtic20
Member since 2008 • 153 Posts
i have the same prob anybody kno how to stop it????
OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts

After playing installed games for long, I put in a game that I hadn't installed, and my Xbox was really loud. But it get a lot quieter when I held the disk drive with my fingers. So basically outer chrome part of the disk tray is vibrating making the noise. This a common problem, any solution? Thanks.brandontwb

i'm in the same boat as you...i was surprised at how loud the system is when you're not playing a game from the hard drive...and i have no solutions, sorry dude...i don't think there is much we can do about it

brandontwb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 brandontwb

[QUOTE="brandontwb"]After playing installed games for long, I put in a game that I hadn't installed, and my Xbox was really loud. But it get a lot quieter when I held the disk drive with my fingers. So basically outer chrome part of the disk tray is vibrating making the noise. This a common problem, any solution? Thanks.OfficialBed

i'm in the same boat as you...i was surprised at how loud the system is when you're not playing a game from the hard drive...and i have no solutions, sorry dude...i don't think there is much we can do about it

I can stand the noise it makes when I hold the drive. I think that's what it's supposed to sound like. But I'm thinking about putting tape on it or something? I shouldn't have to do this... jeez M$, all you had to do was put some rubber in there.
XxFreakmanxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 XxFreakmanxX
Member since 2009 • 81 Posts
Yea lol, I don' t think it's a problem you can really fix, it just seems like it's the way things are.
shabab12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 shabab12
Member since 2007 • 2613 Posts
my one sounds like a plane taking off.
thisisjosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#9 thisisjosh
Member since 2005 • 2845 Posts
After playing installed games for long, I put in a game that I hadn't installed, and my Xbox was really loud. But it'd get a lot quieter when I held the disk drive with my fingers. So basically the outer chrome part of the disk tray is vibrating making the noise. Is this a common problem, any solution? Thanks.brandontwb
not all of them do, mine doesn't make that sound, but that's because i took it back and got a newer one. the first one i had did that, and if you put it on it's side, it should stay quiet.
brandontwb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 brandontwb
[QUOTE="brandontwb"]After playing installed games for long, I put in a game that I hadn't installed, and my Xbox was really loud. But it'd get a lot quieter when I held the disk drive with my fingers. So basically the outer chrome part of the disk tray is vibrating making the noise. Is this a common problem, any solution? Thanks.thisisjosh
not all of them do, mine doesn't make that sound, but that's because i took it back and got a newer one. the first one i had did that, and if you put it on it's side, it should stay quiet.

I thought of the idea of putting it on it's side as well. But for me it still makes a noise. Also I notice on it's side it makes other random noises (usually when playing Halo 3). Sometimes it sounds like its scratching my disk, but it never does.
thisisjosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 thisisjosh
[QUOTE="brandontwb"][QUOTE="thisisjosh"][QUOTE="brandontwb"]
[QUOTE="thisisjosh"][QUOTE="brandontwb"]After playing installed games for long, I put in a game that I hadn't installed, and my Xbox was really loud. But it'd get a lot quieter when I held the disk drive with my fingers. So basically the outer chrome part of the disk tray is vibrating making the noise. Is this a common problem, any solution? Thanks.brandontwb

I thought of the idea of putting it on it's side as well. But for me it still makes a noise. Also I notice on it's side it makes other random noises (usually when playing Halo 3). Sometimes it sounds like its scratching my disk, but it never does.

ouch, that doesn't sound good man, maybe you should call microsoft, it's not as bad as it seems. this could turn into something more harmful.
FamiBox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FamiBox
Member since 2007 • 5481 Posts

Yeah... when I have my 360 vertical the eject button can rattle when the disc moves.

I just stick a little wedge of paper between the gap of the button sometimes... takes the noise away.

brandontwb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 brandontwb
[QUOTE="brandontwb"][QUOTE="thisisjosh"] not all of them do, mine doesn't make that sound, but that's because i took it back and got a newer one. the first one i had did that, and if you put it on it's side, it should stay quiet.thisisjosh

ouch, that doesn't sound good man, maybe you should call microsoft, it's not as bad as it seems. this could turn into something more harmful.

LOL, honestly, I don't think it's as bad as it seems. It rarely happens, and never happens when I play from the hard drive. I think its happened once loudly, and maybe 2 other times not as loudly, only when I have it on it's side...as I remember.... I'll switch it back and wait for a noise.
duckiesarefun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 duckiesarefun
Member since 2008 • 77 Posts
Mine stays pretty quiet, but I do play most of my games from the hard drive.
caketoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15 caketoo
Member since 2005 • 1783 Posts
If its installed on the hd my tv volume is good at 5 but if its not it needs to be at least 13 to hear whats going on in the game.
SSBFan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SSBFan12
Member since 2008 • 11981 Posts
After playing installed games for long, I put in a game that I hadn't installed, and my Xbox was really loud. But it'd get a lot quieter when I held the disk drive with my fingers. So basically the outer chrome part of the disk tray is vibrating making the noise. Is this a common problem, any solution? Thanks.brandontwb
They are really loud.
naruto7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 naruto7777
Member since 2007 • 8059 Posts
well its great your using the install system to prevent RROD, and all xbox 360s make that sound.
SaintJimmmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SaintJimmmy
Member since 2007 • 2815 Posts
Indeed i started playing gears 2 again not off my hdd and i keep thinking the things gonna break o.O
thisisjosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 thisisjosh
well its great your using the install system to prevent RROD, and all xbox 360s make that sound.naruto7777
sorry man, i'm not trying to be all cocky, cuz i'm not, but mine does not make sounds, but that's because i made sure when i bought it that it would be free of that stupid buzz. it used to buzz when i would play GOW and GTA4, but i took it back and exchanged it for a recent one.
brandontwb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 brandontwb
I didn't notice any noise when I played Halo 3 (probably because it mostly plays from the hard drive) but other games make some noise. It's probably only temporary because I haven't played from the disk drive in a while, plus I don't feel this is important enough to care anymore :).
thisisjosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 thisisjosh
I didn't notice any noise when I played Halo 3 (probably because it mostly plays from the hard drive) but other games make some noise. It's probably only temporary because I haven't played from the disk drive in a while, plus I don't feel this is important enough to care anymore :). brandontwb
i hope it is.
yodadamasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 yodadamasta
Member since 2009 • 48 Posts
mine makes a loud noise but i don't notice it cuz i have my tv turned up so lud!!!