I need a 360 Repair! needs INFO

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Deagler_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Deagler_
Member since 2006 • 360 Posts
I was just wondering if anyone can help me here,  I just phoned xbox services and they said I would have to send in my 360 but pay a hefty $150 plus just to get it repaired.  Its because my console wont detect anything in the drive, it just says Unplayable Disc.  I heard that its the optical lens, and its damaged or something.  so I need help, does anyone know if I could get it repaired or should I go to Microsoft.

Btw my warrenty is up since because Launch day buyers get screwed over since our warrenty was only 30 days.  I tried to argue that fact but they still didn't listen.

Anyone got any info that can help me.. please :(
Avatar image for ColoradoKindBud
ColoradoKindBud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 ColoradoKindBud
Member since 2005 • 23882 Posts
Actually, they extended all system warranties to 1 year.  But if you got it at launch & didn't buy an extended warranty, then your year is up & you have to pay.
Deagler_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Deagler_
lol you couldn't buy an extended warrenty since there was no such thing.. I asked
Avatar image for ColoradoKindBud
ColoradoKindBud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 ColoradoKindBud
Member since 2005 • 23882 Posts

lol you couldn't buy an extended warrenty since there was no such thing.. I askedDeagler_

Huh?  I bought a 2 year extended warranty through MS for $59.99  But you have to do it within 90 days of the console purchase.  Plus, just about every store that sold the system had some kind of extended warranty that you could have purchased.  Doesn't matter now though, it's too late for all that.

Deagler_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Deagler_
ya but im assuming you never bought it on launch day.  because they never offered that and once again I asked because I wanted it to get extended but they said no there isn't any
xelloss88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 xelloss88
Member since 2006 • 5187 Posts
Launch systems should have a warranty still in affect, because everyone got free repairs if the console was built by 1/1/06. I would call them back and tell them, and just try and fight it.
contaminated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#7 contaminated
Member since 2005 • 5373 Posts
Damn that sucks i got mine repaired for free.
Deagler_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Deagler_
oo k, I heard about something about that Janurary 1st 2006 thing before but anyone got an article about it or something, so i can have proof? Thanks