I'm feeling kind of overwhelmed with Halo MCC.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Killua_Zoldyck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Killua_Zoldyck
Member since 2015 • 59 Posts

This is the first time I've owned a Halo game. I get confused in terms of where to go sometimes. Right now, I'm on mission 5 of Halo 1, and I'm kinda feeling overwhelmed/frustrated. I've had to have spent about an hour on "Assault on the Control Room"! This mission kinda makes me want to skip ahead or something.

I like the gunplay and stuff, but the slowness of Master Chief's movement makes the levels go super slow. I dislike the lack of a sprint button. Traversing can be super slow to me.

I was thinking of skipping to Halo 2 and playing on from there.

Thoughts?

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

I've been replaying the Master Chief Collection since getting an Xbox One a few months ago. Halo: Combat Evolved does feel dated, especially since there isn't a sprint, but I'd recommend not rushing through it. The game is at its best when you take it slow and you explore the world around you. Take in the environment and the sights, check out the different paths you could take on a replay of the game.

I'd recommend persevering through the first game before moving on. You're on a level that is a tad bit confusing and one of the other levels later in the game might annoy you to no end, but I wouldn't skip past it. Halo 2 is a lot more straightforward so you'll have that to look forward to at the very least. ^_^

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@Zassimick said:

I've been replaying the Master Chief Collection since getting an Xbox One a few months ago. Halo: Combat Evolved does feel dated, especially since there isn't a sprint, but I'd recommend not rushing through it. The game is at its best when you take it slow and you explore the world around you. Take in the environment and the sights, check out the different paths you could take on a replay of the game.

I'd recommend persevering through the first game before moving on. You're level is a tad bit confusing, and one of the other levels later in the game might annoy you to no end, but I wouldn't skip past it. Halo 2 is a lot more straightforward so you'll have that to look forward to at the very least. ^_^

Yeah agreed.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#4 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I own Halo MCC and I'm toward the end of the first game and I can't wait to start Halo 2 it's been a long time since I played that game.

Some of the missions in COMBAT Evolved are kind of frustrating and it took me a few tries to figure out where I am supposed to go.

Killua_Zoldyck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Killua_Zoldyck

@Zassimick: Thanks. I think that if I play it with a friend it'd go faster, ya know? I heard that The Library is really rage inducing, and that's not even the last mission.

I don't really have anyone to get through the campaign with, sadly. Nobody I know owns an X1.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

I don´t own a X1 but own all the games in it I´ve played all of them and I concur, CE ( Halo 1 ) is better if you don´t try to rush it.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

@killua_zoldyck said:

@Zassimick: Thanks. I think that if I play it with a friend it'd go faster, ya know? I heard that The Library is really rage inducing, and that's not even the last mission.

I don't really have anyone to get through the campaign with, sadly. Nobody I know owns an X1.

I didn't even think of that! Coop really brings out the fun in the Halo series, so if you have a friend who would want to play splitscreen with you then that will make it so much more enjoyable for you, you'll just have to buy an extra controller. Honestly, I've replayed all the Halo campaigns at least three times myself, but it's always fresh and fun when I'm going through with someone else.

If you haven't yet, you should add your gamertag to this thread: Xbox Live Gamertag Exchange. You may find some users who would be happy to play through levels with you.

Killua_Zoldyck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Killua_Zoldyck

Thanks for the suggestion. Honestly, I might just return the game. I'm still unsure, but I'm not really feeling it. It plays too slow for my taste...

AVIS93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 AVIS93
Member since 2009 • 341 Posts

@killua_zoldyck: I just started playing Halo for the first time ever last week. I finished Halo: CE and I must say that I agree with you. Overall, I enjoyed the game but I thought it was very boring and repetitive at times and it has some of the worst mission and level design that I've seen on any FPS game ever. Also, the narrative is awful.

That said, I'm still giving the series a chance and will be playing Halo 2 with a friend next week. I found the combat mechanics to be very good, so I think that I can definitely become a fan if the mission design improves. I would gladly play the campaign with you, but I don't own an Xbox One (I'm playing on the 360).

jdfan56k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jdfan56k
Member since 2015 • 118 Posts

MS just loves to milk Halo but for good reason. haha. Yeah, can you imagine them re-releasing Reach?