I love the detachable HDD for the 360!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DarthKalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DarthKalo
Member since 2006 • 902 Posts

I think MS'sbest design choice for the 360 was the detachable HDD. My first 360 just died after 3 years of use. So I went to a pawn shop and bought an Arcade model for $150then used my original HDD with it. I kept thinking how if this was an original Xbox I would have lost my gamer score,saves and CDs I have downloaded onto the HDD. Even though I wish my first one would not have died, I keep thinking it could have been a lot worse. BTW: I am amazed how much more quiet the new disk drives are in the Jasper models. I can't even hear the disk spinning anymore. HDMI is a definite bonus to!

acemasta21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 acemasta21
Member since 2007 • 788 Posts

jasper models dont chnange the disc drive what you talking about!???

http://www.engadget.com/2008/12/10/inside-an-xbox-360-jasper-ben-heck-dissects-the-mythical-consol/

BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 BLAS1AN
Member since 2003 • 3508 Posts

Yeah its a great idea but we are spending more money to buy multiple consoles. The price of the hard drives are also too high. I would take a non removeable hard drive with a console that lasts at least the life of the next gen cycle. on a positive note its cool to only take your HDD out and take to a freinds house

atm0073

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 atm0073
Member since 2005 • 3069 Posts
Sure, it's great, but it's weeds on the lawn of console hard disk drives when it comes to the capabilities of the PS3. Won't bother to elaborate, as I'm pretty sure you all know why.