I have never played a Resident Evil game and RE5 is awesome

This topic is locked from further discussion.

butteman12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 butteman12
Member since 2005 • 2726 Posts
so i was just wondering what the story is so far and if the other games are good because RE5 looked amazing. Thanks!
Tking1293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#2 Tking1293
Member since 2006 • 1222 Posts
The other RE games are good for a scare, but not much game play wise. RE4 was amazing though.
wreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 wreak
Member since 2005 • 4645 Posts

well, the story of RE tends to change from game to game. in re4 is went down a slightly different path, and left a couple of things open in the end, so i would assume that re5 will pick up from the after math of those events. i guess my biggest piece of advice would be if you have a ps2 or gamecube BUY RE4. it will fill you in on what you need to know, and the game it'self is just awesome, you won't be sorry.

p.s. do NOT get re4 for the pc, it's garbage!

Fxdm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#4 Fxdm
Member since 2005 • 94 Posts
How much is RE4 for the PS2 these days?
MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts
How much is RE4 for the PS2 these days?Fxdm
$20 or less. The Wii version is actually the best one, though. Has the extra content of the PS2 version but the significantly better graphics of the GC version.
Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Ket87
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts

The Story of RE1-Code Veronica was pretty good but the gameplay not so much but I actually found the controls to be pretty tight and had mastered RE2 and 3 to the point were I didn't even have to shoot much except bosses and just ran around everything.

RE4 had significantly better gameplay but the story was pathetic. They ditched the biggest factors that made up 90% of Resident Evil's plot, undead zombies caused by the T-Virus and the Umbrella Pharmaceutical Corporation. They replaced them with the lame ass cult and the Las Plagas parasite and with RE5 they are sticking with the parasite and not going back to what made Resident Evil fun, killing zombies. It will still be a great game but no matter how fun it is and how many times I play it will still leave a bitter taste without the great plot. Maybe more Wesker in the story will save RE5's romp through Africa.

jakedogg14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jakedogg14
Member since 2003 • 665 Posts
I highly, highly, highly recommend you play Resident Evil 4.
starfox2468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 starfox2468
Member since 2006 • 2782 Posts

yeah play re4 to get re5 story a bit,zombies arnt in re games anymore,thankfully,zombies are boring and slow.these new crazy parasite infected people are better and give you more of a scare and more on the edge when playing.i cant wait for this game,i hate we havnt got an update since july

starfox2468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 starfox2468

The Story of RE1-Code Veronica was pretty good but the gameplay not so much but I actually found the controls to be pretty tight and had mastered RE2 and 3 to the point were I didn't even have to shoot much except bosses and just ran around everything.

RE4 had significantly better gameplay but the story was pathetic. They ditched the biggest factors that made up 90% of Resident Evil's plot, undead zombies caused by the T-Virus and the Umbrella Pharmaceutical Corporation. They replaced them with the lame ass cult and the Las Plagas parasite and with RE5 they are sticking with the parasite and not going back to what made Resident Evil fun, killing zombies. It will still be a great game but no matter how fun it is and how many times I play it will still leave a bitter taste without the great plot. Maybe more Wesker in the story will save RE5's romp through Africa.

Ket87

sorry for the double post,but cmon you cant say u liked being able to walk past the zombies,that makes it lame.they need to put the classic re scare and then the parasite infected people=kickass game.i admit i was more on edge of seat playing older re,but the gameplay sucked,hated it.the lame boring zombies are boooo

Avatar image for deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#10 deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
Member since 2004 • 13995 Posts

wreak

with a gamepad and a few graphics mods, then it's actually as good as the other counterparts (though the Wii version I haven't tried, but the Wii version might be the way to go)

darkmoney52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 darkmoney52
Member since 2004 • 4332 Posts
I played RE2 and RE4 and didn't care much about the story in either game. RE4 was fantastic, but it's not the story that makes it great.
starfox2468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 starfox2468

I played RE2 and RE4 and didn't care much about the story in either game. RE4 was fantastic, but it's not the story that makes it great.darkmoney52

true,i kinda like the story thou

RawhideSphinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RawhideSphinx
Member since 2004 • 527 Posts
RE4 is easily the greatest game experience I have ever had. RE5 has it's work cut out for it.
Wezker619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 Wezker619
Member since 2006 • 1427 Posts
Uhhh you better play like RE 1 to RE 4. To get the whole story and understand who is who. Albert Wesker, Claire Redfield, Chris Redfield, Jill Valentine, Hunk, Barry Burton, Leon Kennedy, Ada Wong, Rebecca Chambers, and William Birkin. And plenty of more characters. Thats what I love about Resident Evil games that the characters are so real.
starfox2468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 starfox2468

Uhhh you better play like RE 1 to RE 4. To get the whole story and understand who is who. Albert Wesker, Claire Redfield, Chris Redfield, Jill Valentine, Hunk, Barry Burton, Leon Kennedy, Ada Wong, Rebecca Chambers, and William Birkin. And plenty of more characters. Thats what I love about Resident Evil games that the characters are so real.Wezker619

yeah thats true there,u prob need to play re1 and code vernoica?i think them 2 cause thats the one where chris is in and his story and his involvment with wesker

Strife88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 Strife88
Member since 2005 • 6073 Posts
I was just at EB games yesterday and if you wanted to pick up an RE game they have this three game box set (PS2) for about $30 with RE4 included.
starfox2468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 starfox2468
times i wish i owned em all.my friend has them all for gamecube,well the ones out for it.he a huge re fan,i learn from him about this game series :D
Strife88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 Strife88
Member since 2005 • 6073 Posts
times i wish i owned em all.my friend has them all for gamecube,well the ones out for it.he a huge re fan,i learn from him about this game :Dstarfox2468

Yeah same here I used to play all the original RE games at my friends house, if it wasn't for him I don't think I ever wouldve got into the series when I did.
starfox2468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 starfox2468

[QUOTE="starfox2468"]times i wish i owned em all.my friend has them all for gamecube,well the ones out for it.he a huge re fan,i learn from him about this game :DStrife88

Yeah same here I used to play all the original RE games at my friends house, if it wasn't for him I don't think I ever wouldve got into the series when I did.

word,i like them games,but after playing re4,i cant get into the old ones anymore,hate the gamplay for the old ones now,glad they are sticking to re4 camera angle

wreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 wreak
Member since 2005 • 4645 Posts

RE4 is easily the greatest game experience I have ever had. RE5 has it's work cut out for it.RawhideSphinx

ya, but i have alot of faith in capcom though, they havn't let me down yet w/ this current gen, i loved both dead rising and lost planet, havn't played dmc4 caus i'm not realy a fan, but i'm sure it's a quality game. besides what lil we have seen in re5 leads me to believe that my faith has been well placed.

starfox2468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 starfox2468
i wish they could give us another update already
hcho3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hcho3
Member since 2006 • 482 Posts

No update until E3, or TGS 2008.

AMEN!

starfox2468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 starfox2468
what???when are those?
hcho3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 hcho3
Member since 2006 • 482 Posts
You don't know what E3 or TGS are?
Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Ket87
[QUOTE="Ket87"]

starfox2468

sorry for the double post,but cmon you cant say u liked being able to walk past the zombies,that makes it lame.they need to put the classic re scare and then the parasite infected people=kickass game.i admit i was more on edge of seat playing older re,but the gameplay sucked,hated it.the lame boring zombies are boooo

What would your complaint be if they took RE4/5 gameplay and replaced the ganados with the zombies and upped the AI so they didn't just shuffle around. Because to me that would be the perfect RE game. I hated Ganados and Las Plagas I loved the Umbrella and Raccoon city plotline.

starfox2468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 starfox2468
[QUOTE="starfox2468"][QUOTE="Ket87"]

Ket87

What would your complaint be if they took RE4/5 gameplay and replaced the ganados with the zombies and upped the AI so they didn't just shuffle around. Because to me that would be the perfect RE game. I hated Ganados and Las Plagas I loved the Umbrella and Raccoon city plotline.

yeah the plagus is a pain,got annoying when it would come out their heads,but if they got smarter zombies i guess be cool,but normal zombies,no to easy

You don't know what E3 or TGS are? hcho3

and sadly no,i dont know the dates,only know cause friends tell me e3 and whatnot,never payed attention to that

iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
meh u can find a video or something on the other re games. i only played 1,2, and 4. its just about umbrall corps they r studying on somthing plague gets loose and everyone is a zombie tries eating u. Leon keney is on 2 and 4, 2 his a new cop finds out there zombies goes throu a police station sewers. 4 he becomes a body guard for president and his duahgter and she get captrued.
butteman12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#29 butteman12
Member since 2005 • 2726 Posts
no i dont have a PS2 or a GC...:(
starfox2468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 starfox2468

no i dont have a PS2 or a GC...:(butteman12

well....rob one from a pawnshop :P

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Ket87

no i dont have a PS2 or a GC...:(butteman12

Its also out for PC, you could try that out. I heard it is just a straight port of the PS2 version so graphically you wouldn't need a very powerful PC.

Avatar image for YourChaosIsntMe
YourChaosIsntMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 YourChaosIsntMe
Member since 2007 • 1228 Posts

RE 1-4 were all relatively good, though 2 and 4 really did redefine the possibilities of what a Survival Horror game could be. I can't sympathize with the hatred for the old control scheme and game mechanics, though obviously the RE4 revitalized the series in it's gameplay. Those who said that the story is not related, and that it had been replaced don't make any sense..have you actually played all of the games throughout the main storyline? There is a relationship between RE4's storyline and that of the preceeding games. Likewise, it's implied that the Las Plagas virus itself is somehow microbiologicaly related to the viruses used by Umbrella. So we should expect the storyline between RE4 and the rest to be bridged by RE5, at least partially. Anyway, it will certainly be amazing, I can't imagine it being anything short of near-perfection.

martialbullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 martialbullet
Member since 2006 • 10948 Posts

[QUOTE="Fxdm"]How much is RE4 for the PS2 these days?MAILER_DAEMON
$20 or less. The Wii version is actually the best one, though. Has the extra content of the PS2 version but the significantly better graphics of the GC version.

Is it possible to play the wii version with the cIassic controller? I don't know if I would want to play RE4 with the wiimote and nunchaku.

dirtymotoxer21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#34 dirtymotoxer21
Member since 2005 • 84 Posts

[QUOTE="MAILER_DAEMON"][QUOTE="Fxdm"]How much is RE4 for the PS2 these days?martialbullet

Is it possible to play the wii version with the cIassic controller? I don't know if I would want to play RE4 with the wiimote and nunchaku.

o trust me, I had the same feeling, but once you get a hang of the Wii remote controls, there's nothing like it, and you won't go back. everything else just seems inferior to the wii remote.

For those wondering what the best in the series are, the resident evil remake for gc and resident evil 2 are the best of the series, beside re4. but the first two are much more puzzle based and much scarier and moody than RE4. but RE4 must be played! one of the best games i've played in a long long time.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts
[QUOTE="martialbullet"]

[QUOTE="MAILER_DAEMON"][QUOTE="Fxdm"]How much is RE4 for the PS2 these days?dirtymotoxer21

o trust me, I had the same feeling, but once you get a hang of the Wii remote controls, there's nothing like it, and you won't go back. everything else just seems inferior to the wii remote.

For those wondering what the best in the series are, the resident evil remake for gc and resident evil 2 are the best of the series, beside re4. but the first two are much more puzzle based and much scarier and moody than RE4. but RE4 must be played! one of the best games i've played in a long long time.

I have to agree. I bought it for the GC when it first came out, loved it to pieces, beat it over and over again, then i bought it for the Wii because i heard it was much better, and it was just soo much better. I now have to give away my gamecube version.

PaisaPlaya510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 PaisaPlaya510
Member since 2007 • 124 Posts
resident evil 4 hands down the best in series say what u want but it is without a doubt the best. why do u think they made over 4 versions
DonMega187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DonMega187
Member since 2007 • 1103 Posts
[QUOTE="wreak"]

bulletsword

with a gamepad and a few graphics mods, then it's actually as good as the other counterparts (though the Wii version I haven't tried, but the Wii version might be the way to go)

With the GFX patches it actually the best version but w/ mediocre controls.

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Ket87

RE 1-4 were all relatively good, though 2 and 4 really did redefine the possibilities of what a Survival Horror game could be. I can't sympathize with the hatred for the old control scheme and game mechanics, though obviously the RE4 revitalized the series in it's gameplay. Those who said that the story is not related, and that it had been replaced don't make any sense..have you actually played all of the games throughout the main storyline? There is a relationship between RE4's storyline and that of the preceeding games. Likewise, it's implied that the Las Plagas virus itself is somehow microbiologicaly related to the viruses used by Umbrella. So we should expect the storyline between RE4 and the rest to be bridged by RE5, at least partially. Anyway, it will certainly be amazing, I can't imagine it being anything short of near-perfection.

YourChaosIsntMe

I have played through every Resident Evil besides Umbrella Chronicles because I have no intention of ever giving Nintendo another cent of my money and there are very very few things that tie Resident Evil 4 to the previous games.

What connects...

1 Las Plagas was a parasite, Nemesis was a parasite as well, he was not made using T or G-Virus.

2 Wesker wants to use Las Plagas to ressurrect Umbrella or an Umbrella like company.

3 Leon, Ada, and Wesker are in the game.

What doesn't connect...

1 No T or G-Virus what so ever.

2 No Umbrella

3 No undead zombies just people under mind control.

4 Las Plagas was discovered during a mining excavation intact in hibernation while the Tyrant Virus was created by genetically altering the ebola virus into the progenitor virus and cross breeding that with leeches.

gruoch1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 gruoch1
Member since 2003 • 1178 Posts

The other RE games are good for a scare, but not much game play wise. RE4 was amazing though.Tking1293

I don't like the new style Resident Evil games as much. They don't feel like Resident Evil anymore...

specs777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 specs777
Member since 2008 • 295 Posts

Ket87
yeah... I couldent believe it when I found out that the enemies in RE4 were not zombies... I miss the good old days, RE2, RE code Veronica-x, etc.
REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 REforever101
Member since 2005 • 11223 Posts

The other RE games are good for a scare, but not much game play wise. RE4 was amazing though.Tking1293

stfu

all past re's owned. for gameplay and story.

re4 was a total bastardization. it was a great game, but a terrible resident evil game