I have an Xbox 360 for over an year and it's been useless the entire time

This topic is locked from further discussion.

yonyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 yonyz
Member since 2008 • 651 Posts

So I bought a used 360 Arcade more than a year ago, and I played it for like 4 hours in total. Why? Because I still don't know how to connect it to my Creative stereo speakers, which should be extremly simple, though I see absolutely no audio outputs on the 360's rear side. I checked YouTube videos and some articles and found nothing to be thorough enough, and I already asked about this before in this forum and on some other 360 forum.

So please, someone just tell me what I need to do to get sound out of this thing to my speakers. This is 2011, why doesn't the device have audio outputs?

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
Buy this http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=104&cp_id=10429&cs_id=1042902&p_id=7189&seq=1&format=2 Problem solved.
yonyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 yonyz
I have one of these, I received it with my speakers. But there is no audio output on the xbox 360, so what does this connector connects do?
TiagoRocha89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 TiagoRocha89
Member since 2011 • 47 Posts
you have component cables? If so, use the green, blue and red for the image on TV, monitor, etc. And the yellow, white and red to the sound. If you are looking for just one tipical way, use the banana that MonsieurX sugested. Just plug in the 2 of 3 cables in there, and use the input in your speakers :)
nightshadow137

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 nightshadow137
Member since 2011 • 75 Posts
look around the microsoft website
yonyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 yonyz
Tiago: I have a component cable, but I want HD video, and I want to connect the Xbox 360 to my PC monitor which has a DVI connection and a VGA connection, no component connections.
bowenbrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 bowenbrown
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=node%3D14220161&field-keywords=xbox+360+audio&x=0&y=0

try this i use it with my xbox with hdmi

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#8 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

check the microsoft site.

kungfool69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kungfool69
Member since 2006 • 2584 Posts

wow u had it that long and did nothing about it? google duuuuuude

yonyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 yonyz
bowenbrown: If I buy this: http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Cable-Adapter-XBOX-360-Slim/dp/B002P35JMO/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1321624083&sr=1-1 ...then I will have two female RCA connectors, but what cable do I use with them? We're getting some progress, help me a little bit more. :D
kungfool69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kungfool69
Member since 2006 • 2584 Posts

bowenbrown: If I buy this: http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Cable-Adapter-XBOX-360-Slim/dp/B002P35JMO/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1321624083&sr=1-1 ...then I will have two female RCA connectors, but what cable do I use with them? We're getting some progress, help me a little bit more. :Dyonyz

simpley purchase an RCA to 3.5mm plug and jack in any set of PC speakers........try opening ur eyes and using that nogen!

yonyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 yonyz
I'm thinking of getting the following item: http://www.ebay.com/itm/High-Definition-HDTV-AV-HD-VGA-Cable-2-RCA-Xbox-360-/320622064227?pt=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item4aa6907263#ht_2700wt_1164 Does the video quality equal that of using the HDMI connection?
driftingsilvia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 driftingsilvia
Member since 2005 • 4089 Posts

HDMI gives the best picture, there's nothing matching it as of right now.

yonyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 yonyz
So can I use the HDMI for video and AV for audio?
driftingsilvia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 driftingsilvia

I don't see why not. HDMI gives audio though, does on my setup. But, I don't have stereo speakers either, just the TV.

yonyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 yonyz
OK, thanks. I'll order that adapter.
driftingsilvia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 driftingsilvia

If you're really unsure, just head over to Best Buy or something. That way if it doesn't work, you can return for a full refund.

yonyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 yonyz
There's no Best Buy in my country... Anyway, that adapter is just 5 bucks.
mrsniper83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

#19 mrsniper83
Member since 2009 • 1552 Posts
So your saying because you cant get surround sound that you havent played the xbox....thats a little silly to me because there is this thing called the internet or how about customer service.
Avatar image for HilbillyRokstar
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 HilbillyRokstar
Member since 2007 • 3236 Posts

So your saying because you cant get surround sound that you havent played the xbox....thats a little silly to me because there is this thing called the internet or how about customer service.mrsniper83
Which he obviously has or he wouldn't be HERE. Did you read the entire post? He's treating it like his personal service forum. It's pretty funny actually.

MaddenBowler10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 1

#21 MaddenBowler10
Member since 2005 • 8999 Posts
Get the HDMI + Audio dongle on Amazon
yonyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 yonyz
It's not about surround sound. I don't even have surround speakers. It's about using the 360 with my stereo speakers and my LCD screen, which doesn't have its own speakers. It's either using my speakers or not getting sound at all. "He's treating it like his personal service forum" - What do you mean by that? I asked here because I thought I'd get a good response. If you don't think it's the place to help users with such issues, then ignore the entire post.
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 HilbillyRokstar

It's not about surround sound. I don't even have surround speakers. It's about using the 360 with my stereo speakers and my LCD screen, which doesn't have its own speakers. It's either using my speakers or not getting sound at all. "He's treating it like his personal service forum" - What do you mean by that? I asked here because I thought I'd get a good response. If you don't think it's the place to help users with such issues, then ignore the entire post. yonyz
Because all you had to do was google it, or ask the people at Xbox support, who's JOB it it to help you with such things. I found it funny that you think this is the place for tech support, get over it. Listen to how you sound, "...then I will have two female RCA connectors, but what cable do I use with them? We're getting some progress, help me a little bit more." See, no "thank you", or appreciation of any kind. LIKE IT"S YOUR' OWN PERSONAL SERVICE FORUM!

yonyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 yonyz

Well I tend to say "thank you" when I've got the information to solve the problem, which I did, so thank you. And no, I don't think it's my personal service forum, and what the hell is wrong with asking for tech info outside the official support channels? Again, if you find this behaviour inappropriate, DO NOT HELP, AND DO NOT TAKE PART IN THE THREAD. Thanks to all who helped.

Edit: I never, ever ask ANYONE, not even on forums, before I Google the issue myself. I googled numerous times, watched YouTube videos and always felt that I am missing some information, a problem that was resolved thanks to the people in this forum. To hell if I knew what I did wrong.

HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 HilbillyRokstar

Well I tend to say "thank you" when I've got the information to solve the problem, which I did, so thank you. And no, I don't think it's my personal service forum, and what the hell is wrong with asking for tech info outside the official support channels? Again, if you find this behaviour inappropriate, DO NOT HELP, AND DO NOT TAKE PART IN THE THREAD. Thanks to all who helped.

Edit: I never, ever ask ANYONE, not even on forums, before I Google the issue myself. I googled numerous times, watched YouTube videos and always felt that I am missing some information, a problem that was resolved thanks to the people in this forum. To hell if I knew what I did wrong.

yonyz

I never said it was wrong, just funny. Which apparently hit a nerve. And for the record, the "thank you" came after you chastised me for my comment.

yonyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 yonyz
Have a good day.
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 HilbillyRokstar
Have a good day.yonyz
You too, I'm glad you got it fixed.
TiagoRocha89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 TiagoRocha89
Member since 2011 • 47 Posts
I played for some time in my PC monitor, with no sound... However I had Component inputs, and was easy to add a stereo sound. Good luck man, hope you can set a nice system!
yonyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 yonyz
Surely I can. Just need to wait for that AV cable. :) Can't wait to play some console/360 exclusives such as Alan Wake, Red Dead Redemption and maybe I'll buy some Guitar Hero game. I loved it when I tried it at Toys R Us on the PS2.
yonyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 yonyz
If you can't find answer on Google, use Bing. Simply type, "Xbox360 VGA cable" done. I mean, that's kinda easy right? You have xbox360 and you have a motinor with VGA. And then, you get those stereo white/red thing. If you cannot plug the white/red thing, get the adapter from the first few replies. I feel sorry for you though, it is very easy to just go Fry's and everything is there, Best Buy is decent too, and you don't have any good stores.magicalclick
Well I didn't think of the VGA thingy cause that's the old connector, compared to DVI. So I didn't look for the right keywords I guess. And please, no need to feel sorry for me. There's eBay, and there's even free shipping many times.