I hated Bioshock the first time i tried it, but.....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Trinitarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1 Trinitarian
Member since 2007 • 1407 Posts

... i have no money for new games now so i'm borrowing it from the friend i sold it to. I only got to the third or fourth stage the frist time i played the game. My questions is, is this:

a)does the game get better,

b) what difficulty should i play

c) Should i harvest the girls or not

d) what dying system should i use

e) At what point in the game do you really feel sucked into the game?

I fell bad that i didn't get sucked into the game the first time i tried it and how it got game of the year. Most people say that the game pulls you in and so forth. What am i missing? And

Matt-4542

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Matt-4542
Member since 2008 • 8002 Posts

1) The game was amazing from the start.

2) It doesnt matter but if you dont then you get an achievement and it gets you more ADAM in the long run.

3) Dont they just have the Re Vita Chambers or whatever its called

4) The moment I went into the Bathysphere I was hooked.

grafkhun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#3 grafkhun
Member since 2006 • 12827 Posts

just b/c it got a lot of priase doesn't mean you have to like it, if you don't enjoy it, don't play it.

I played it (the first time) on normal with vita-chambers on and I was entranced from the opening cutscene and loved every second of it.

Avatar image for Master_Shake123
Master_Shake123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Master_Shake123
Member since 2006 • 766 Posts
If you don't get hooked, you don't get hooked...but I would give it some more time, just to let everything really come into play.
Ibaapzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Ibaapzo
Member since 2003 • 253 Posts
People have different tastes. Bioshock was very widely accepted among gamers as one of the best games, well, period. It is an amazing game, I think, and I do agree with the previous postings. :) What kind of games do you play - maybe we can find another one you'll enjoy. But, try Bioshock out for an hour, see where it takes you. It's worth the experience.
larocabottom1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 larocabottom1
Member since 2003 • 190 Posts
I know how u feel,I felt the same way about this game when I first brought it,I was thinking to myself wow this is the game that got so much good ratings. But then I started playing it more and more and started getting into it more and more, close to the middle of the game I was hooked and I couldn't get enough. This game is different and unlike any game that ur used to that's y u gotta give it time to get used to and to grow on u,but put in the time, I guarantee u won't regret it.
Darkzero6x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Darkzero6x2
Member since 2003 • 1178 Posts

... i have no money for new games now so i'm borrowing it from the friend i sold it to. I only got to the third or fourth stage the frist time i played the game. My questions is, is this:

a)does the game get better,

b) what difficulty should i play

c) Should i harvest the girls or not

d) what dying system should i use

e) At what point in the game do you really feel sucked into the game?

I fell bad that i didn't get sucked into the game the first time i tried it and how it got game of the year. Most people say that the game pulls you in and so forth. What am i missing? And

Trinitarian
a _ stays the same b- play on the highest difficulty c- harvest d- any e- i didnt like it. the game to me was over exposed and didnt deserve the title of game of the year...Call of Duty deserved it. It stays the same from beginning to end. at least thats the way it was for me.
Warlord20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#8 Warlord20
Member since 2006 • 2855 Posts

From what i was seeing on this site about the game i was never really interested but for some reason i decided to pick it up about 2 weeks ag and i must say....im so glad i did.

The game turned out so much better than i thought it would have. What a great story it has. Good achievements and good replay value also. Sweet graphics and sound effect

fdsfgs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 fdsfgs
Member since 2008 • 1678 Posts

a) i dont know, i hated at first too but i started it again its alright, a bit over rated but its still pretty fun

b) i play normal and its still challenging even though ive played fps for over half my life

c) i do, i heard the story or something is better if u dont but i could give less of a crap about story

d)what?

e)i never did, even till i beat it

McNulty5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 McNulty5
Member since 2008 • 182 Posts
I tried getting myself to like, I just can't have fun playing this game, really the only thing I think is great about is the atmosphere, it really has a great atmosphere but I hated the game, story was interesting and it's the only reason I kept playing.