I don't understand all the hate on Army of Two??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SMGsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SMGsus
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I just played the game for the first time tonight with a buddy online co-op and so far i think the game is awesome for what it is, which is a great co-op experience. If you play the game the way it's meant to be played you will see the originality in this title, next gen consoles lack this type of gameplay. I agree the game can sometimes be mindless but going back to back with your partner and spraying AK rounds doesn't really suck haha. So far what i've read about the 40th day it seems like EA really fixed all the things that are holding this franchise back.... and oh yea i couldn't leave without mentioning a great game if you like co-op its a game called BORDERLANDS....play it.
drunkenyak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 drunkenyak
Member since 2008 • 165 Posts

It's not a bad game. It's not great either. I enjoyed it though. I may pick up the 2nd one when the price drops.

labatbleu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 labatbleu
Member since 2004 • 281 Posts

i'm not a ''In Ur FacE SupA DupA CoOl One PunCh LiNeR '' fan. in fact, It is a cheezy game

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#4 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
I thought it was alright. But it never really did anything to stand out for me aside from the aggro system.
bobdood99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 bobdood99
Member since 2007 • 1862 Posts
I enjoyed the first. The "F" word was over used. Started to get very annoying.
d_black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#6 d_black
Member since 2004 • 1538 Posts

Yeah, it does seem pretty good but I struggled to get a good connection on a game (even when playing in the same room on a local network). With Bayonetta, Darksiders & Mass Effect 2 out this month, Army of Two is going on the back burner.

Also, as someone who has completed it (I give games a fair chance before saying this) - Borderlands sucks!! Its a a total grindfest without the payoff. After you play 2 hours - you've seen it all. You have about 12 gun models in the game (added scopes and stats do not equal different gun). Borderlands is the most overrated game I've ever seen and I've been gaming since the 8 bit days.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
The 2nd game's demo was so bad that I couldn't finish it without TKing my partner.
MCDogDoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MCDogDoo
Member since 2009 • 180 Posts

There's hate? I dunno, the game seems kinda T1Tz if you got a buddy to play with. Seems fun, but I probably won't buy it.

2pac_makaveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 2pac_makaveli
Member since 2008 • 1681 Posts
very generic, point a to point b gameplay, and bland graphics
Failed2Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 Failed2Live
Member since 2005 • 489 Posts

I didn't think I would like it... But me and my Wife really enjoyed playing it together.

Urban_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Urban_Flow
Member since 2009 • 721 Posts

It's not a bad game. It's not great either. I enjoyed it though. I may pick up the 2nd one when the price drops.

drunkenyak

Some people need to understand that the true experiance of that game comes from Co-op...thats probably why some people don't like the game when they play by them selves

TrapMuzik92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TrapMuzik92
Member since 2009 • 3424 Posts

drunkenyak
Agreed im not paying 60 bucks
Avatar image for deadly_shuriken
deadly_shuriken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deadly_shuriken
Member since 2009 • 1086 Posts
graphics werent great and controls seemed a bit off....maybe a rental but not a purchase
wwervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 wwervin
Member since 2003 • 10274 Posts
It's alright as a co-op experience but it seems to me like a cheesy game that was rushed. Maybe the 40th day will be better no idea.. either way I'd wait til a price drop to play it.
ibanezdropd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 ibanezdropd
Member since 2003 • 1844 Posts

I thought it was alright. But it never really did anything to stand out for me aside from the aggro system. vashkey

ever since that game so many people ("gamers") use "aggro" in everyday conversation.... it is very annoying

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#16 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
I played it co-op on the hardest setting with a buddy and it was a very rewarding experience. I don't understand all the hate myself. Yes, the controls weren't perfect and the story was stupid, but it was fun and creates an intense sense of cooperation, unlike other co-op games.