I dont like driving simulators but is Forza Motorsport 3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

greengloop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 greengloop
Member since 2004 • 285 Posts

Hi everyone

I was reading the Gamespot.com review of Forza Motorsport 3 and it said that if you like cars you should get the game and that it makes simulation style games accesible and blah blah. So let me tell you that I have tried the Forza Motorsport 2 demo and didnt like it at all because it was way too real and I didnt enjoy it. I loved Project Gotham Racing 3 because it had some realism to it but was also forgiving, arcade-style. So now I am wondering, is Forza Motorsport 3 for me? I can not try out the demo right now due to some reasons. So what do you think?

fbidog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 fbidog
Member since 2005 • 413 Posts

If you don't like Forza 2 you're not gonna like Forza 3 cause is pretty much the same

nascar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 nascar1
Member since 2005 • 2763 Posts

if you like PGR you could like FM3, they made it pretty easy for all to enjoy...i don't have the full game yet, but there are options for the AI, assists and the new rewind feature that could appeal to more gamers than previous versions?

FM3 has better graphics now, in car views, alot of tracks/cars, drift mode, drag racing and some new online game modes that sets it apart from FM2 not to mention other racing games. if you're slightly interested you should go for it or atleast rent it...but i think it'll be a keeper, i'm REALLY looking forward to it!

greengloop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 greengloop
Member since 2004 • 285 Posts

I just FM2 a bit boring, where you just keep going round and round the track trying to keep in line. In PGR3 on the other hand there was action, you had to kind of fight to get ahead and it just felt more lively. So have they actually made the FM3 gameplay a bit less realistic or something?

drg0nzo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 drg0nzo1
Member since 2005 • 157 Posts

I just FM2 a bit boring, where you just keep going round and round the track trying to keep in line. In PGR3 on the other hand there was action, you had to kind of fight to get ahead and it just felt more lively. So have they actually made the FM3 gameplay a bit less realistic or something?

greengloop
Those lines are there to help you find the apex of the turns and to tell you when to brake. But you are actually supposed to get to the front...not just stay in line with everyone lol. If you really disliked FM2 you probably won't get that much more out of FM3, it does seem to have more powerful assists....but i don't think that will really be a game changing addition for people that prefer arcade racers.
dracosummoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dracosummoner
Member since 2009 • 376 Posts
[QUOTE="greengloop"]

drg0nzo1
Those lines are there to help you find the apex of the turns and to tell you when to brake. But you are actually supposed to get to the front...not just stay in line with everyone lol. If you really disliked FM2 you probably won't get that much more out of FM3, it does seem to have more powerful assists....but i don't think that will really be a game changing addition for people that prefer arcade racers.

The game assists can be turned off, from what I understand.
Avatar image for decepticondevil
decepticondevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 decepticondevil
Member since 2003 • 3607 Posts

I haven't played 3 yet, but I am also not a fan of sims and I really enjoyed Forza 2. I don't think I ever would have given it a real chance if it hadn't come with my Xbox, and I probably wouldn't have gotten into it from just a demo either... but I figured that since I own the game I might as well give it a try, and after a bit I got pretty hooked.

I guess what I'm saying is try renting the game and playing it for a couple hours to see if you can get into it. You might be surprised.