i dont get it...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fdsfgs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 fdsfgs
Member since 2008 • 1678 Posts
i preordered R6V2 w/ one day shipping from amazon and my estimated shipping date is the 20th... w..t..f. doesnt the game come out on the 16th?
screenhustla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 screenhustla
Member since 2006 • 659 Posts
yeah the 16th would be Sunday and games generally come out on Tuesdayv
fdsfgs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 fdsfgs
either way, i should get it on the release date dammit!
fdsfgs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 fdsfgs
[QUOTE="fdsfgs"]either way, i should get it on the release date dammit!white_sox
That rarely happens, the date shown for releases, in this case the 18th, is the date that the game ships out. You have to give it a day to reach Amazon and a day for them to ship it out. Or at least I think that's how it works.

i guess that makes sense
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#7 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

[QUOTE="white_sox"][QUOTE="fdsfgs"]either way, i should get it on the release date dammit!fdsfgs
That rarely happens, the date shown for releases, in this case the 18th, is the date that the game ships out. You have to give it a day to reach Amazon and a day for them to ship it out. Or at least I think that's how it works.

i guess that makes sense

If a game's release date is the 18th, expect to have it on store shelves on the 19th. In some cases, the 20th.

Bane_v2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Bane_v2
Member since 2003 • 6104 Posts
A Lesson In Purchasing Games, by Jeff Gerstmann
mattyftm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 mattyftm
Member since 2005 • 7306 Posts

[QUOTE="fdsfgs"][QUOTE="white_sox"][QUOTE="fdsfgs"]either way, i should get it on the release date dammit!Elann2008

i guess that makes sense

If a game's release date is the 18th, expect to have it on store shelves on the 19th. In some cases, the 20th.

Wow, that sucks. Here in the UK the release date is the day it hits store shelves. Shops usualy recive the game a couple of days before that but are not alowed to sell it untill the release day (although some of the smaller shops ignore that).

Generaly if I preorder from places like amazon I get it the day before its release - because they send it out so it will definately get to me by the release day.

Avatar image for Cloud_in_midgar
Cloud_in_midgar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Cloud_in_midgar
Member since 2008 • 489 Posts
[QUOTE="Elann2008"]

[QUOTE="fdsfgs"][QUOTE="white_sox"][QUOTE="fdsfgs"]either way, i should get it on the release date dammit!mattyftm

i guess that makes sense

Wow, that sucks. Here in the UK the release date is the day it hits store shelves. Shops usualy recive the game a couple of days before that but are not alowed to sell it untill the release day (although some of the smaller shops ignore that).

Generaly if I preorder from places like amazon I get it the day before its release - because they send it out so it will definately get to me by the release day.

Yepp but we get the game later than americans anyway so they have thebetter end of the stick.

jrobinow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jrobinow
Member since 2005 • 418 Posts
The ship date is the date the developer ships to the retail stores so games are typically available the day after the official release date.