I am horrible at MP in GOW 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sunnystarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 sunnystarz
Member since 2007 • 1536 Posts

i can't figure it out what i'm doing wrong, i been carefully watching each player of how they operated, it seem like a lot of jumping and carrying shotgun, and know when to pull out the frag.

I been playing Halo3/COD4 non-stop for the last year, and did some massive time with Rainbow Six Vegas 1 and this is such a difference experience for me. I love the campaign portion and the horde is a blast. But when i go online is like massacre out there.

sensfanVone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 sensfanVone
Member since 2006 • 1714 Posts
Gears MP has a massive learning curve that I have never been able to adjust to... thus I just can't enjoy the online.
KGB32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 KGB32
Member since 2007 • 4279 Posts
you can't jump in gears....
2uneek4u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 2uneek4u
Member since 2006 • 2548 Posts

the only thing that helps me alot on mp is to not try roll directly towards them. but to roll to their sides, you need to have quickl reflex also. or if you want cheap kills and hard death, sniper is always the best option. but that really depends on the map and mode.

some people are good in one game but arent in other games. for instances i suck at CoD4 n W@W MP

gp19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 gp19
Member since 2005 • 4252 Posts
Haven't played gears 2 online yet, just some co-op, but in gears 1 the only way I could play well was when I hosted, because I never got used to the bullet lag, which disappeared when I was the host. But I prefer shooters like cod and rainbow six online... you get upgrades in rank and perks and accessories for your weapons and you can enter and immediately be at a competitive level and have a blast.
T_0_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 T_0_D
Member since 2007 • 1128 Posts

Here are some tips for you...

1) Learn the new maps, nothing gets you killed faster or spells noob quicker in any online shooter than someone roaming around lost in a new map.
2) Hone your skills against bots set on insane.
3) Learn to use the shotgun at close range (melee and then aim shoot...like two piecing from Geow 1).
4) Never rush anyone headon with stopping power now you will get crushed.
5) Melee people running at you with chainsaws...until they patch this the chainsaw is overpowered IMO and you just need to adjust.
6) Never rush two people by yourself, Gears 2 is a team tactical game and you have to work with whoever is on your team.
7) Communicate with your team constantly and work together.

Hope this helps.

s_bowers_15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 s_bowers_15
Member since 2003 • 1106 Posts
Yeah multiplayer in Gears has a huge learning curve. I played a ton of Gears 1 and I still suck at it lol. My only chance of getting kills is in horde mode haha.
Stashbash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Stashbash
Member since 2008 • 479 Posts
Gotta say after a couple of games of GOW 2 MP my jaw hit the floor.... I found it really tough, my average life expectancy was about 20 seconds. So now I've retired and just play Horde mode instead :P, the only practical advice I could give would be to learn the maps which always seems to be a good tactic across the board.
Avatar image for 8732_YoungJeezy
8732_YoungJeezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#9 8732_YoungJeezy
Member since 2008 • 1656 Posts
yea it does take a while to learn, but once you got it down, the MP for gears is so fun you can't sop playing
mikel222222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mikel222222
Member since 2004 • 1162 Posts
you can't jump in gears....KGB32
stop being a d**che you know he meant roll, which you do jump into...
dxy592

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 dxy592
Member since 2006 • 1505 Posts
simple solution: don't play with a party. for some reason, whenever I party up with people, I seem to lag just enough so that every 1v1 battle I come across ends up with my body splattered across half the map. like a person above me mentioned, gears has a steep learning curve. i replayed gears 1 MP a month before gears 2 released just so i could get used to playing it again. on the downside, after a week of not playing cod4 i just couldn't play it anymore. a tradeoff i don't mind having made. just keep at it, and try to strengthen your internet connection. my connection is split 4 ways so i make sure to play when nobody else is online.
Englandfc1966

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Englandfc1966
Member since 2005 • 2217 Posts
If it's anything like the first, then just take the shotgun and walk from left 2 right shooting, i got so many kills this way on the first.
NicAgent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#13 NicAgent
Member since 2005 • 4693 Posts

Here are some tips for you...

1) Learn the new maps, nothing gets you killed faster or spells noob quicker in any online shooter than someone roaming around lost in a new map.
2) Hone your skills against bots set on insane.
3) Learn to use the shotgun at close range (melee and then aim shoot...like two piecing from Geow 1).
4) Never rush anyone headon with stopping power now you will get crushed.
5) Melee people running at you with chainsaws...until they patch this the chainsaw is overpowered IMO and you just need to adjust.
6) Never rush two people by yourself, Gears 2 is a team tactical game and you have to work with whoever is on your team.
7) Communicate with your team constantly and work together.

Hope this helps.

T_0_D
You got to be kidding about #5... I find meleeing is the worst thing you can do in that case cause usually even if the melee strike hits it will not stop the chainsaw and you will end up dying. Best to fire bullets at them which WILL stun them as they are revving the chainsaw. Otherwise the other tips are pretty good. Anyways, about my stats I have a 1.35 K/D in World at War but in Gears 2 I am all-time 131-167 in Warzone, 30-32 in Execution, 50-46 in Guardian. What pisses me off more than anything is that I almost never manage to finish off a player I down and my teammates always end up taking it from me no matter how hard I try to hit them with fire after they are down, even if it is valid (i.e. close enough in execution).
Strider_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Strider_91
Member since 2007 • 6570 Posts
Alot of people online with gears play it alot, there for get really good. The learning curve is different to other games which is what makes is so fun. I'm quite good but then again i have the odd game where i'm sweeped :P Love it though.
Strife88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 Strife88
Member since 2005 • 6073 Posts
It's better if you had experience from the first game, if you're new to it or just need help play some local matches with bots and get used to the weapon placements on all the maps.
clh_05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 clh_05
Member since 2005 • 442 Posts
Lol it's probably because anyone can be good at the game. You only need to be skilled at a couple things in Gears of War, with COD4 and Halo 3 there's a ton of factors that you must be skilled with to be good at the multiplayer. Not just cover and the Shotgun/chainsaw.
Delro333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#17 Delro333
Member since 2007 • 594 Posts
you can't jump in gears....KGB32
you know he meant rolling dont be a jerk
KMLEPRECHAUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 KMLEPRECHAUN
Member since 2008 • 44 Posts

The shotgun is the way to go usually. In gears 2, I find blindfiring a lot harder. So, what you have to do to be good in a shotgun duel is aim, fire, and if the guy hits you, roll to his side, then repeat. If the guy misses you, aim and fire again.

For grenades, try and tag them to the walls where people congregate alot. That gets you pretty funny and easy kills, plus it pisses people off to be running after you and suddenly get blown up.

When heading into a place that is bursting with activity, throw in a smoke grenade. This knocks everyone in range down, leaving you a safe route to where you want to be. Plus, it can get you a few easy kills.

When someone is running at you with the chainsaw revving, don't stand your ground. I find that the chainsaw does not lower when you hit them. My advice is to dive back, get a safe distance from them, then shoot them numerous times with the Shotgun.

One more piece of advice: adjust the three different controller sensitivity setting to fit what you like best. I have medium on all three.

KMLEPRECHAUN

Raging-Cashew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Raging-Cashew
Member since 2006 • 866 Posts

[QUOTE="KGB32"]you can't jump in gears....Delro333
you know he meant rolling dont be a jerk

this game is so weird for me because i was really really good at the first one, and now i feel as though i can't do anything in the second. Its really frustrating because i don't think gears i gears anymore. Epic changed way too much imo. After playing gears 1 online for the past two years, the second game is dead to me after 3 weeks and thats saying a lot cause i was huge fan

Caprellid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Caprellid
Member since 2008 • 249 Posts
once you get used to the game...ur gonna lvoe it......im so addicted...goddamn it....and finals for college is just around the corner.