I am getting a little worried about fable 3.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ
ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ
Member since 2007 • 1987 Posts

So a lot of great games will be coming out this holiday season and the more i see of halo reach and fallout new vegas the more excited i get about the game because what they show and tell just gets better and better.

Now with that being said i am a fan of the fable series, i really loved fable 1 and the combat system, fable 2 had a very good story. Looking at fable 3 from what i have been able to put together seems like a stripped down version of fable 2.

They are using the exact same graphics engine and everything from fable 2 so it is going to look the exact same. Not only that but they are actually making the fighting mechanics easier as well where you just have to push 1 button to do combos. That sounds a lot like a hack and slash to me. In a interview that gamespot had with peter M on this site he actually said he wanted to move from a RPG feel for fable 2 more to a action adventure feel. Good or bad move?

Anti-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Anti-Venom
Member since 2008 • 5646 Posts
yea Im disapointed myself...I already decided not to get it unless the reviews are insane
Rhino53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Rhino53
Member since 2008 • 2552 Posts

I set my expectations high for Fable 2...and I was let down tremendously, unless it's awesome, it maybe be a rental fo me

Toxic8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#4 Toxic8
Member since 2007 • 1653 Posts

I would like to see more rgp elements in it as opposed to any type of hack and slash game. I hope it is longer too. But they know how to make a great game franchise, I don't really seeing them ruining it in any way. Only time will tell.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
By now I'm used to Fable games not delivering on Peter Molyneux's promises, but they both have been great games, so I'm confident Fable 3 won't bomb. What made me laugh was when Molyneux complained about us gamers not using most features of Fable 2... well, maybe if all the clothes weren't horrible we would have worn more of them and if the marriage feature wasn't completely useless and inconsequential we would have bothered with it.
SpArKs424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 SpArKs424
Member since 2010 • 2203 Posts

i actually want the game .

balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 balfe1990
Member since 2009 • 6747 Posts

John Cleese is enough to warrant a €60 purchase for me.

I_am_theOpus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 I_am_theOpus
Member since 2009 • 768 Posts

Yeah I totally agree with you TC. I was watching a Gamescom video and I was confused because I really thought I was watching Fable 2. Even the same music from Fable 2 is being used.

93soccer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 93soccer
Member since 2009 • 4602 Posts
Might get Fable 3 when it`s cheaper (like $30)
JayReviews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#10 JayReviews
Member since 2008 • 313 Posts

So a lot of great games will be coming out this holiday season and the more i see of halo reach and fallout new vegas the more excited i get about the game because what they show and tell just gets better and better.

Now with that being said i am a fan of the fable series, i really loved fable 1 and the combat system, fable 2 had a very good story. Looking at fable 3 from what i have been able to put together seems like a stripped down version of fable 2.

They are using the exact same graphics engine and everything from fable 2 so it is going to look the exact same. Not only that but they are actually making the fighting mechanics easier as well where you just have to push 1 button to do combos. That sounds a lot like a hack and slash to me. In a interview that gamespot had with peter M on this site he actually said he wanted to move from a RPG feel for fable 2 more to a action adventure feel. Good or bad move?

ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ

Just a couple things...you can't dis on the combat system...What do you call fable 2? All you did was slam X...tap B...or press Y...hold X and you can do a heavier attack..that's it...if fable 3 is just a hack and slash, that doesn't make it worse then fable 2. It'd be the exact same...

The graphics are seen on at most a computer screen with HD on it...and even that isn't gonna look great because of the distorition of stretching a small youtube sized video...point being, you can't judge the graphics when seen through a "in development" gameplay video in youtube format...it's a slap in the face to the potential of the game.

From what i've read and heard...they're implementing a lot more already...the differences in the storyline...the appearance due to your moral...even your weapon changes if your evil or good in Fable3...the dog is even better for crying out loud.

I think you're undermining the game...especially for it not even being finished yet. In all honesty, I'm expecting great things to come with fable 3...And if it's not better then Fable 2 by a lot, it will be atleast a little bit. The devs of the game have even said that.

There is also something really "cool" as they said that they've put into the game that comes in later after a huge twist in the story line...everyone is very hush hush on it though...

just wait for it's release and then judge on things that you only know so much about.

Leo-Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Leo-Magic
Member since 2005 • 3025 Posts
yea Im disapointed myself...I already decided not to get it unless the reviews are insaneAnti-Venom
the review will be average imo.
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#12 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I've decided i'm not getting fable 3.

ShanoaSickness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ShanoaSickness
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
I was disappointed in Fable 2, and I think Fable 3 will be a lot better. So I will probably get it.
ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ

By now I'm used to Fable games not delivering on Peter Molyneux's promises, but they both have been great games, so I'm confident Fable 3 won't bomb. What made me laugh was when Molyneux complained about us gamers not using most features of Fable 2... well, maybe if all the clothes weren't horrible we would have worn more of them and if the marriage feature wasn't completely useless and inconsequential we would have bothered with it.Black_Knight_00

Indeed i dont think it will bomb exactly but i dont think i will be purchasing it for quite a while til the price comes down at this rate. I actually used all of the features that fable 2 had to offer so i dont really know where he is getting his numbers from.

Avatar image for pokemondude2012
pokemondude2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 pokemondude2012
Member since 2010 • 5938 Posts
dont worry its gonna be great.
TheTacoDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TheTacoDuck
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

sounds like its getting f***ed in the a to me.

1 button combat? retarded. Also, an action adventure game? yeah right. The fable 2 combat was decent, but the game couldn't be based around it the story and immersiveness was the key points and if they are going away from the RPG and into action adventure, it needs to get waaay better combat.

and it sounds like the combat is getting worse.

ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ

Alright guys i just watched the gamescom interview with Josh atkins and he had a lot of good things to say about fable 3 and it showed a lot of footage from the game and i am starting to feel a little bit better about the game. Still a bit worried but hopefully they will show us even more of the game sooner rather then later. Note to self do not listen to peter M listen to his game designers.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#18 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

yea Im disapointed myself...I already decided not to get it unless the reviews are insaneAnti-Venom

Pretty much this. I'm not a monkey see, monkey do person but it would take like a super awesome metacritic score to get me even the bit interested. Other than that, I will wait for it to hit the bargain bin. Nothing about the Fable series has impressed me. Extremely shallow and overhyped game. It's sad because the market lacks great adventure games. All the RPG elements promised weren't even in the game. There was none! Sure, you can fart at NPCs to get a stupid reaction but that isn't RPG. That's a total waste of time. And doing some of these activities that Peter M. calls RPG elements doesn't result in any rewarding benefit for the gamer.

Co-op was total trash. Co-op was hyped to be this great love affair poster child for Fable 2 and then they screw the consumer. The storytelling was really off too. None of it really made any sense. I didn't feel like what you did was connected with the other stuff you did in the game. One moment, you're tossed out of the castle window by some madman, then all of a sudden you're far away in this Tower in the middle of the ocean. Made no sense. Everything was weak about this game. Graphics was sooo 2006.

With Fable 3, Peter M. says there will be emotional engagement in the game. You will be able to hold other NPCs/Character's hand. I dont care if I could grab an NPC's hand and walk them across town under the twilight. Wtf is that about? Is this his way of making up for the trashy co-op in Fable 2? Or for the game entirely? Bleh!

Godofnerdyness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Godofnerdyness
Member since 2007 • 3248 Posts

I set my expectations high for Fable 2...and I was let down tremendously, unless it's awesome, it maybe be a rental fo me

Rhino53

This. I should have rented Fable 2, it was so short, even doing all the achievements I could.

Marphius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Marphius
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Yes I am looking forward to it as well. Fable 2, whilst a good storyline lacked longativity.
Avatar image for deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
Member since 2006 • 6013 Posts

ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ

Stopped reading there.