Huge fan of zombies/fps, but is left 4 dead worth buying?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BeNOwNz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BeNOwNz
Member since 2006 • 2942 Posts

Huge fan and loved the demo but theres only 4 maps so is it worth buying? would it get boring in the long run? only reason thats stopping me is that it might get repetive.

thanks

BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 BLAS1AN
Member since 2003 • 3508 Posts

the game was designed for replayability. every re-play through will have zombies in dfferent areas. and of course you will have a different experience with different players you work with online.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba32555a6c71
deactivated-5ba32555a6c71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-5ba32555a6c71
Member since 2005 • 325 Posts

As long as you have a mic and Live I say go for it.

Joss09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Joss09
Member since 2009 • 263 Posts

Xbox Live is a must for this game, and if you have a couple buddys who have it, you should have this game. One of the most fun experiences you will have with a Team FPS, Versus, Survival and Campaign modes can keep you and your buddys hooked. I play this game alot myself. I don't regret buying it one bit.

ghost2046

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ghost2046
Member since 2009 • 351 Posts

yes,and there's a lot of people playing it online. one of the best co-op games on the 360

spendinbig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 spendinbig
Member since 2004 • 698 Posts
You can have my copy for $35
LessThanMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LessThanMike
Member since 2002 • 5364 Posts
game is amazing!!!! ABSOLUTELY AMAZING
sensfanVone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 sensfanVone
Member since 2006 • 1714 Posts

Yeah it's tons of fun, if you get it and need someone to play with drop me a message.

mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#9 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts
Definately, especially if played with people you know. Plus added in a new multiplayer mode(survival)... for free. And there is also versus mode which pits 4 humans vs 4 special zombies on each campaign(and alternates so can be on either side)
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

Yes, it's worth buying. The game is fun as hell, and more than any of the other Zombies games out there it'll scare the crap out of you. It's a must buy if you have a good group of XBL friends that want to play.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#11 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
Ehhh.... Well I'd say the biggest thing going against the game is that it constantly reuses it's content across all modes. The four campaigns combined only take about four hours to complete. The reason to replay campaign isnt much different than any other campaign I've played. You can try to beat it on higher difficulties and get other achievements. The game has an ai director that changes the spawn locations of enemies, weapons and health packs, but I can't really say it changes the experience that much. Everything tends to spawn in the same general area, or close to it. And since all but one zombie fights in close quarters, no matter where they spawn it's not going change the experience much. The versus mode is pretty much the campaign mode. The big difference being that you and another team take turns being infected and survivors. You may start off being the survivors and you'll start the next round as the infected once you've either made it to the safe house or if the enemy team manages to kill you all before you make it there. It's pretty fun to play as the infected, but if you've already played the campaign the multiplayer will likely feel familiar enough to where it wont last you too long. Then theres the free downloadable mode, Survival. If you've played Gears of War 2's Horde mode or Call of Duty World at War's Nazi zombie mode then you'll likely be immediately familiar with Survival's premise. You basically survive as long as you can against waves of zombies. Unlike Horde or Nazi Zombie mode though, Survival is unrelenting. You'd be lucky to survive even five minutes. That considered that really kills the replayability of the mode for many. I mean, what the point when you'll be done almost as soon as you start. All but one of Survival modes maps are just chopped up pieces of the campaign levels. Unless you have friends who regularly play the game I can't really recommend it. It's not a game that you should play alone as it require a cooperative team. And you wont play it much if your friends don't play it much and I can't recommend something thats so low on content if you arent going to play it much. Might as well throw you're money out the window. You can find it as cheap as fourty dollars used, although I think you may want to just rent it. Within a rental peroid you could easily experience all the game has to offer and if you want more then buy it.
SHARPSHOOTER25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 SHARPSHOOTER25
Member since 2005 • 343 Posts

Do not buy L4D. Its an extremely good game while it lasts, but after the five hours of gameplay there is little to nothing to entertain you. The "replaylibility" is just different Zombie spawns, its not some revolutionary way to completely reinvigorate your experiecne over and over. The versus mode is pretty much the same thing as the campaign, except for human opponents. If you are really intent on buying L4D, I would do my best to buy it for the computer if possible. The user created maps and the MUCH MUCH MUCH larger online community make it far superior to the 360 version.

KA12NAG3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 KA12NAG3
Member since 2008 • 662 Posts

If you have Xbox Live, then yes. If you don't, then no.

Klemna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 Klemna
Member since 2009 • 30 Posts
It's worth it. There's always a new experience waiting, especially in the different game types and difficulties.