How/Where did you keep your 360 before it broke?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

EuroMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 EuroMafia
Member since 2008 • 7026 Posts

Topic.

Just curious. Mine works fine after over a year.

KUHawksFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 KUHawksFan
Member since 2008 • 195 Posts

Had mine for a few months and hasn't broken.

Just keep it in a big space with about a foot around the edges,(On top of a desk or something is good) and if you stand it up the side vents are blocked.

gameroz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 gameroz
Member since 2005 • 2900 Posts
i had mine since last Christmas it's at Microsoft now because of the RROD i know alot of people had the same problem and got a new xbox 360 shipped to them i hope that i will get a new one as well
msjr78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 msjr78
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts

Just keep it in a big space with about a foot around the edges,(On top of a desk or something is good) and if you stand it up the side vents are blocked.

KUHawksFan
I don't buy that. You could also argue that if you keep it horizontal, the bottom side traps the heat, evenly baking the entire console. I don't want to get into a debate of Vertical vs. Horizontal, because it doesn't matter what you do. It's an inherent problem with the console. The RRoD can hit you at any time no matter how well you think you're taking care of it.
EuroMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 EuroMafia
Member since 2008 • 7026 Posts
[QUOTE="KUHawksFan"]

msjr78
I don't buy that. You could also argue that if you keep it horizontal, the bottom side traps the heat, evenly baking the entire console. I don't want to get into a debate of Vertical vs. Horizontal, because it doesn't matter what you do. It's an inherent problem with the console. The RRoD can hit you at any time no matter how well you think you're taking care of it.

True, but why does it come at different times for some people?
funkyeyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 funkyeyk
Member since 2005 • 404 Posts
I had mine horizontal with about 10 inches on each side and it red ringed after 9 months (day before Halo 3). I don't blame anything, it's just the console, as the red rings can arrive for a multitude of reasons.
Eclipselova98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Eclipselova98
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
I had mine for 2 years then i got the E 74 message, sent it in for repair and im on my 2nd!
sna831

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sna831
Member since 2008 • 31 Posts
Had mine for about 5 months then sent it in to microsoft. But ever since I have gotten it back from the repair center, have had no problems since then :D
sna831

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 sna831
Member since 2008 • 31 Posts
Oh yeah and kept it horizontally with lots of space around it.
Avatar image for gintheplacetobe
gintheplacetobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 gintheplacetobe
Member since 2003 • 4512 Posts

All 5 of my 360's have been on a glass shelf, laying flat, with about a foot of empty space in either direction. Not only does my console have about a foot of room in either direction, but the same is true of my power supply. This is inside a room that is always temp. controlled and plugged in to an outlet that is giving the proper voltage and frequency and not fluctuating at all (one thing lots of people don't realize can screw up electronics).

And even after all of this, I'm on my 5th 360. And of the 4 that crapped out on me already, one lasted 2 weeks and another lasted only 5 freakin days. 2 RROD's, 1 disc drive crapped out, and another that couldn't be on for more then 5 minutes w/o completely freezing (even at the dashboard). All were brand new from the store (connections at EB = free store warranties).

^^^That's why people on these forums piss me off when they go "Well, I've had my system for over a year, everyone else must not know how to take care of theirs." People are too ignorant or just too blinded by fanboyism to see the 360 has serious hardware issues.

herbie12282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 herbie12282
Member since 2002 • 2861 Posts
I keep mine stood up because the side vents never seem to be very warm no matter which orientation the console is in. The bottom however does get quite warm when horizontal and not as warm when standing up.
G013M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 G013M
Member since 2006 • 6424 Posts

Hi there.

This sort of discussion needs to go into the Broken 360 Discussion and Info Thread up the top.