Hows the Orange Box online? Halo competitor?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rahmie0789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 rahmie0789
Member since 2007 • 277 Posts
Ive been playing alot of Halo lately, and dont really know if its worth buying the OB now. But Im hearing nothing but good things about it. Is it good online? in terms of Team Fortress. And does it compete with Halo online?
boostud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 boostud
Member since 2004 • 1242 Posts

Game seems broken. So laggy it unplayable...and all the other players were saying EVERY match they played was the same...laggy as heck.

Either way, no. I dont think it competes with Halo 3 MP. Thats just my impression so far.

callen3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 callen3
Member since 2005 • 1289 Posts
it only has 6 maps and i heard it is laggy.
jchaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jchaff
Member since 2007 • 1063 Posts
Why does every game that comes out get compared to Halo?? Lol, there are more good games out there besides Halo!
67gt500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 67gt500
Member since 2003 • 4627 Posts
hmmm... no lag at all when I tried it... it's not only a Halo competitor, it has the potential to be a halo beater. I'm sure it's just me (I must have ADD or something) but I find Halo3 online to be boring as hell... nice to look at, and yes, Forge is cool... but after a few minutes? Boring as all hell. On the other hand, Team Fortress 2 is pretty comical - it doesn't take itself too seriously which is refreshing. You'd really have to try TF2 and decide for yourself...
Bojankin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Bojankin
Member since 2003 • 388 Posts

I was going to play some Team Fortress for a few minutes when I got the orange box, then go back to World of Warcraft my current addiction. But holy crap I started as a spy and eventually we took over the enemy base and I sat and backstabbed the enemies as they respawned and used the engineers portal , instant kills with switchblade. Match ends and one guy whines 'some guy was killin us as we spawned', I laugh, he says 'there he is laughing' ....haha.I also love the 007 style music for the spy when i do pro stuff and the other classes are very nice like upgrade a gun turret as an engineer and it kills quite well. The game is like CS but crazy fun.

When people blow up best ragdoll blood chunks head flies off, better than halo 3 by far IMO and I thought I would never play Portal but it comes with the pack...so hours later I'm still playing portal. Amazing pack and a must buy I guarantee you will love it.

Another cool thing in Team Fortress 2 is the game tracks different stats, like how many backstabs was your best without dying and how many you got that time, and displays them when you die. I only had time for like 8-10 games but there was no lag at all when I played.

KyanMehwulfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 KyanMehwulfe
Member since 2003 • 371 Posts
Class and map design of TF2 is absolutely brilliant for the most part. I've heard some issues with latency, though, that don't exist on PC. Also, it's hard to say yet how well the gameplay transfers over to 360. It was definitely designed originally for very fast and precise KB/M twitch gameplay and input. You can only tweak that core design so much. I've heard decent enough feedback so far, though.
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts
i feel that the multiplayer has so much more variety than halo, i feel like everythings balanced rather then people running around with gravity hammers and shotguns thinking their good
-Aus-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 -Aus-
Member since 2007 • 303 Posts
Don't own it yet, but I would assume it to destroy Halo online.
Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts

Always wanting to compare games to Halo... how's Blue Dragon? Is it a Halo killer?

Anyway, Orange Box is sweet. As far as Team Fortress 2 goes, I had no issues with lag, and it was probably the most fun game I've played in a while. Halo 3 is good, but this game is different. The only problem I have is that there's not enough maps, but we're just about guaranteed that there would be downloadable content for it... which is probably where they'll make up the money that they deserved by only charging $60 for this ridiculously amazing package.

And Portal RULES.

Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#12 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts
TF2 online >>>>>> H3 online.
boostud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 boostud

what I do find hilarious is 2 weeks ago everything was OMFG HALO3 IS TEH ROXORZ!!1!eleven!!!

And now everything is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Halo 3.

My first experience with TF2 is SUCK. But i'll give it another try.

boostud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 boostud

what I do find hilarious is 2 weeks ago everything was OMFG HALO3 IS TEH ROXORZ!!1!eleven!!!

And now everything is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Halo 3.

My first experience with TF2 is SUCK. But i'll give it another try.

Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#15 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts
Not for me, every since I bought Halo I've been regretting it. I knew the multiplayer sucked form the beta... but I forgot how badly. Team Fortress 2 is fast-paced, unique, and enjoyable, whereas H3 is slow and uncreative imo.