How to open the xbox 360's disk tray with a paperclip with out any power

This topic is locked from further discussion.

demirtas80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 demirtas80
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

pretty much i have a game stuck in the system my power brick does not work so theirs no power going to the console is it still possible to open the disk trey with a paper clip even though theirs no power running through the console

Squeets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Squeets
Member since 2006 • 8185 Posts
Sure if you want to destroy the console...
zero9167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 zero9167
Member since 2005 • 14554 Posts

i do not see one

but take the face plate off and start poking around with your paper clip to be sure

lucas_kelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 lucas_kelly
Member since 2005 • 5783 Posts
Try and pull it out, on second thought that may not be a good idea.
jesus_markii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jesus_markii
Member since 2006 • 116 Posts
its just a normal disk tray that runs on a motor belt and gears if you are going to try and pull it out do it slowly otherwise you'll break the belt drive
phoenix2005x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 phoenix2005x
Member since 2005 • 92 Posts
HERE IS THE TRICK TAKE OFF THE FACE PLATE. SAME THEORY AS REMOVING A CAR STEREO GRASP BOTH SIDE. U CAN USE TWO PAPERCLIPS MAKE AN L ANGLE AND PULL SLOWY. DONT BE IN A RUSH BECAUSE YOU WILL DESTROY THE TRAY.
Thomasdeleo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Thomasdeleo
Member since 2006 • 1984 Posts
Stick the paper clip in the flux capacitor and voila.
Thomasdeleo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Thomasdeleo
Member since 2006 • 1984 Posts
GOd this systems reliablity is so pahtetic,ps3 sinch launch no problemsteamster83
Yes this is true but the 360 has games.
Tuffg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 Tuffg
Member since 2003 • 697 Posts
take the face plate off and there is a little hole that you cand fit a paper clip in. you'll hit a button and the disc tray will pop out
demirtas80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 demirtas80

has anybody else had this issue..what pisses me off is that i cant power up the console so i can get it out..i saw a video on you tube(xbox 360's disk tray with a paperclip )(keywords) and he had his console powered up.. stuck the clip in the c hole to the right and it popped open.. problem is that ive tried it and it does not work for me.. my c hole is blocked off so that wont work and ive tried a & b holes but theirs no levers i can feel out

Xbox 360: How to manually eject a disc from the disc tray This article describes how to manually eject a disc from the disc tray. MORE INFORMATION Sometimes you cannot open the disc drive by pressing the eject button on the Xbox 360 console. This behavior occurs if one of the following conditions is true: •There is a hardware failure with the console, the disc drive, or the eject button.•A disc becomes lodged in the mechanism.•A clear protective plastic strip that is applied to the front of the tray to protect it during shipping is preventing the disc tray from opening.To manually eject a disc from the disc tray, follow these steps. 1.Unplug the power cord from the console. For more information about how to disconnect the power supply, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: 906205 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906205/) Xbox 360: How to connect and disconnect the Xbox 360 power supply 2.Position the Xbox 360 console horizontally, as you would position a VCR or a stereo component. 3.Remove the console faceplate. For more information about how to remove the console faceplate, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: 907331 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907331/) Xbox 360: How to remove or replace the faceplate on the Xbox 360 console 4.Depending on the type of disc drive that you have in your Xbox 360 console, use one of the following methods: •Method A: Insert a straightened paper clip or another small, stiff wire into the first hole from the left side of the disc tray. To release the disc tray, push the paperclip into the hole to press the manual eject mechanism. The manual eject mechanism is a white lever that is visible behind the console casing. The hole is located about one-and-a-half inches (approximately four centimeters) from the left edge of the disc tray.•Method B: Insert a straightened paper clip or another small, stiff wire into the second hole from the left side of the disc tray. Push the paperclip repeatedly into the hole to turn a gear to release the disc tray. The hole is located about one-and-a-half inches (approximately four centimeters) from the left edge of the disc tray.•Method C: Insert a straightened paper clip or another small, stiff wire into the into the hole that is directly under the "X3" in the Xbox 360 label on the disc tray to release the disc tray. The hole is located about one inch from the right edge of the disc tray.Note In each case, make sure that you line up the paperclip or stiff wire to pass through another notch behind the hole on the console casing.

5.After you release the disc tray, the tray will pop out slightly. You can pull the tray out the rest of the way to remove the disc. Note If you use method A or Method C in step 4, you may have to firmly press the disc eject mechanism to eject the disc tray.

demirtas80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 demirtas80

console

ne0ngreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ne0ngreen
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
ok soo i have this old xbox i got the new slim and the old one had a disk in it i took the disk drive right out from befor im not shure if you have to do this, but all i did to get the disk is take a key and push right on the rubber peice a few times. Its the size of a key it can be found right in the middle down below the chrome cover. Hope it helps you :)
LtReviews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

#14 LtReviews
Member since 2009 • 940 Posts

pretty much i have a game stuck in the system my power brick does not work so theirs no power going to the console is it still possible to open the disk trey with a paper clip even though theirs no power running through the console

demirtas80

This happened to me.

Since my warrenty expired, I had to take things into my own hands. I took apart everything till I got to the disk mechanism, I took some laptop duster spray, cleaned out all the dust everywhere. Then power it up (you'll have to buy a new power chord I supposed) and keep opening and closing it with the disk mechanism outside of the console itself. For me, I kept opening and closing to make sure all the dust was out, then I put it back together. Now it works fine, and with the dust out it actually makes less noise.

I tried this "paper clip" trick, but couldn't get it to work. I believe you have to have the power on to even try though.

Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 Ashley_wwe
Member since 2003 • 13412 Posts
I wouldn't really risk it if I were you... I always hated the odd time when I accidently close the disk tray with my hand when putting a game in.