How much data does Xbox Live use per hour?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

angelcb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 angelcb
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
ALL I play online is Call of Duty Black Ops 2, and i'll play the Team Deathmatch games so it's around 12 players. I'll play 2-3 hours a day, maybe 4. I have the 3G/4G US Cellular Wifi Hotspot with 5GB of data per month. If I run over that data, my mom will kill me. So I need to know a 100% accurate answer of how much data I'd use an HOUR
SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts
Must be a pain to do it like that ;)
Patrickbrown56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4 Patrickbrown56
Member since 2010 • 892 Posts

Do NOT try to play XBL on a wi-fi hotspot. Trust me. I used to sell those things and I would caution every customer to not attempt to use it to play online games or use streaming services.

Assume that Koolyoe above is correct, and we should estimate it takes 100mb an hour to play. If you play for 4 hours a day, that means you will use your ENTIRE data plan in only 12.5 days. And that's if you use your hotspot for nothing but XBL. If you're going online or doing anything else, you could expect to be out of data every month in as little as 8-10 days.

It's just not worth it. I understand it sucks if it's your only option, but I still wouldn't do it. It's just not a smart usage of the technology.

Avatar image for FollowY0urBliss
FollowY0urBliss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 FollowY0urBliss
Member since 2010 • 320 Posts
ALL I play online is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 angelcb
Go figure.
coryskyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 coryskyes
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
i agree with you, you're going online or doing anything else, you could expect to be out of data every month in as little as 8-10 days.