How long does it take you to download game demos?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cchilin500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 cchilin500
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
i recently got a 360. and yesterday i tried downloading GRAW:2 but i got frustrated at how long it was taking i waited around 5 minutes and it was only at 2%. So i was wondering on avarage how long it takes to download a demo woth a DSL line.
chineolee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 chineolee
Member since 2004 • 637 Posts
i recently got a 360. and yesterday i tried downloading GRAW:2 but i got frustrated at how long it was taking i waited around 5 minutes and it was only at 2%. So i was wondering on avarage how long it takes to download a demo woth a DSL line.cchilin500
Whats your bandwidth?
ateace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 ateace3
Member since 2005 • 1188 Posts
crackdown was about an hour and a half last night i downloaded NBA Homecourt in less than an hour. depends on the game size.
cchilin500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 cchilin500
[QUOTE="cchilin500"]i recently got a 360. and yesterday i tried downloading GRAW:2 but i got frustrated at how long it was taking i waited around 5 minutes and it was only at 2%. So i was wondering on avarage how long it takes to download a demo woth a DSL line.chineolee
Whats your bandwidth?

I think its 100mps... not 100% sure.
DarkMagic27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DarkMagic27
Member since 2005 • 2342 Posts
[QUOTE="chineolee"][QUOTE="cchilin500"]i recently got a 360. and yesterday i tried downloading GRAW:2 but i got frustrated at how long it was taking i waited around 5 minutes and it was only at 2%. So i was wondering on avarage how long it takes to download a demo woth a DSL line.cchilin500
Whats your bandwidth?

I think its 100mps... not 100% sure.

google internet speed tests and take one of those..that shuld say what it is.///they usually work out pretty well...and 100 mps ( megabits per second)  is so fast its not possibe btw..i dont think there is an internet connection thast fast....or anything really past 15 mps ( atleast nothing ive hheard of :P)
chineolee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 chineolee
[QUOTE="chineolee"][QUOTE="cchilin500"]i recently got a 360. and yesterday i tried downloading GRAW:2 but i got frustrated at how long it was taking i waited around 5 minutes and it was only at 2%. So i was wondering on avarage how long it takes to download a demo woth a DSL line.cchilin500
I don't have DSL, but I understand the average speed is around 1.5 Mbps. If yours is around that mark, it will take some time to download almost 1 gig of data. Thats probably normal, albeit frustrating.
cchilin500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 cchilin500
on that note, i can only imagine how long it would take to download an entire movie. do you think many people actually download movies from the marketplace?
chineolee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 chineolee
on that note, i can only imagine how long it would take to download an entire movie. do you think many people actually download movies from the marketplace?cchilin500
I dont think MS though through the whole media delivery strategy. The 360 can't accomodate huge video files with its meagre storage space, and most normal people don't have uber-fast broadband that makes downloading feasible. My 8Mbps connection is ok for demos, but it would still take a while for movies.
scarytiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 scarytiger
Member since 2006 • 1990 Posts
bout 15 mins to 1 hour
Flaming_Ape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 Flaming_Ape
Member since 2007 • 3246 Posts
On average a little over an hour...but for demos over 1 gigs it takes around an hour and a half to 2 hours for me.
cchilin500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 cchilin500
so has any one downloaded a movie from the marketplace? if so, what movie would u want to see bad enough to wait that long, when u could go to blockbuster and probably buy it used?
Warlock89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 Warlock89
Member since 2005 • 2200 Posts

takes about 35 - 40 min for a GB demo. Average demo takes around 15 min

amydst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 amydst
Member since 2002 • 189 Posts
from my PC i can download gigabytes in no time at all...when i download demos from xbox live it takes FOREVER...something needs to be sped up on the marketplace.
TimothyB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TimothyB
Member since 2003 • 6564 Posts
i recently got a 360. and yesterday i tried downloading GRAW:2 but i got frustrated at how long it was taking i waited around 5 minutes and it was only at 2%. So i was wondering on avarage how long it takes to download a demo woth a DSL line.cchilin500

Usually DSL can be upto as fast as 600k a second, I don't see why anyone would not have that speed since it's cheaper than Cable at the same speed, but in some places cable can have faster services. Comcase is usually around 6mbs-8mbs (600k-800k)

Also depends how the 360 is connected, if with ehthernet cable, the cable can do 100mbs, but it won't make the internet that fast, but you will get the full speed of your interent. If wireless, depends on what adapter you are using and the signal strength the 360 is getting, so your speed could suddently be half or less than your full speed.

Even more so, it depends on how fast Live Marketplace is in your area or traffic if a new hot download showed up, which can slow everyone's download up.

Just tell us the speed of your internet, and at that point a calculator on your computer should roughtly tell you. Like if you had a 600k a second download speed (6mbs), then 1000megs, which is roughly 1,000,000k, at 600k a second comes to around 27 minutes.