How is Sunset Overdrive overall?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

Im thinking if I should keel the download code or sell it...

Just a few questions about the game..

How interesting is the story?

How long is the campaign?

Once you beat it do you have other things to do in the game like roam around and cause mayhem?

BusterFriendly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 BusterFriendly
Member since 2014 • 242 Posts

I haven't got to the end of the main story yet, so I don't know how long it is, but there's challenges and collectibles scattered all over the city like GTA so I'd think you could play as long as you want. You get upgrades to your character and weapons as you do them. There's not much to the story.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22407 Posts

Finished it yesterday, and absolutely loved it! Such a fun game...

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 PS4hasNOgames

@hrt_rulz01 said:

well can you answer my questions about it? how long did it take you?

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#5 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:

I have the game but I'm only an hour into it and I agree its a fun little game.

BusterFriendly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BusterFriendly

@sukraj:

I don't think I'd call it little. It has a smaller virtual land area than other games but a lot of vertical detail.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#7 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

I'm enjoying it, but I've found that I get bored quite easily with running around picking up all the collectibles. Even with the game's locomotion being as fun as it is, when I buy all those maps and see icons everywhere, the idea of having to pick those all up seems like work and I have to turn it off after a half hour.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#8 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I've been enjoying it a lot, I've put a couple of hours into it so far - some of that time spent just zipping around and shooting at stuff and looking for collectibles, and some of it spent working on quests and progressing the story.

It's a good idea for you to start off completing a few story missions first, since that's how you unlock a lot of your options. You gain access to more weapons, amps, overdrives and traps as you play - at first I don't even think you can use overdrives or traps. You also get more clothing and accessories as you progress the story, and some new moves - like a higher bounce jump, and an aerial dash.

The game does have a story, actually it has more of a story than I thought it would have. It's funny, but it isn't all over the place batshit, at least not so far. Actually, I imagine it will be by the end of the game - I'm half-expecting it to be anyways. Your character and all of the NPCs have their own sort of personalities. There are a lot of really weird clan members you meet throughout the story. Two-Hat Jack is awesome.

Well anyway, it seems like you are still debating if this is a game you want to play. I knew I wanted to play it months ago. You're still really on the fence about it... Idk, maybe you should consider giving the code away?

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PS4hasNOgames

@Ovirew said:

I've been enjoying it a lot, I've put a couple of hours into it so far - some of that time spent just zipping around and shooting at stuff and looking for collectibles, and some of it spent working on quests and progressing the story.

It's a good idea for you to start off completing a few story missions first, since that's how you unlock a lot of your options. You gain access to more weapons, amps, overdrives and traps as you play - at first I don't even think you can use overdrives or traps. You also get more clothing and accessories as you progress the story, and some new moves - like a higher bounce jump, and an aerial dash.

The game does have a story, actually it has more of a story than I thought it would have. It's funny, but it isn't all over the place batshit, at least not so far. Actually, I imagine it will be by the end of the game - I'm half-expecting it to be anyways. Your character and all of the NPCs have their own sort of personalities. There are a lot of really weird clan members you meet throughout the story. Two-Hat Jack is awesome.

Well anyway, it seems like you are still debating if this is a game you want to play. I knew I wanted to play it months ago. You're still really on the fence about it... Idk, maybe you should consider giving the code away?

I want to play it but Im just wondering if its something Ive seen before. Is it a true next gen experience?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

@ps4hasnogames said:

@Ovirew said:

I want to play it but Im just wondering if its something Ive seen before. Is it a true next gen experience?

Is anything something you've never seen before? lol.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 PS4hasNOgames

@Ovirew said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@Ovirew said:

Ryse kinda was something new and fresh, gears of war the first time I seen it was something new and fresh, and Left 4 Dead even though was a shooter was a new kind of shooter. GTA3 was a next gen experience around the ps2 days.

BusterFriendly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BusterFriendly

I can't think of anything I would compare it to directly. You've got the "zombie horde" type combat in some places, Nintendo style boss battles, Tomb Raider (before they turned into a shooter) traversal puzzles, open world collectibles, and a "defend the castle" type game where you plan out a defense with a variety of devices they call traps. You have a large variety of traps and weapons that operate differently from shooting, deployed units, and mines. It's hard to get bored because there's always something different to do.

doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#13 doubalfa
Member since 2006 • 7108 Posts

Crackdown, Saints Row IV, Jet Set Radio and a box of crayons, that's the way I would describe sunset overdrive.....great game

QuiCkz_Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 QuiCkz_Ninja
Member since 2011 • 105 Posts

Awesome game. i love it :-)

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 sukraj

@QuiCkz_Ninja said:

Awesome game. i love it :-)

glad you like it bud.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

@ps4hasnogames said:

@Ovirew said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@Ovirew said:

Ryse kinda was something new and fresh, gears of war the first time I seen it was something new and fresh, and Left 4 Dead even though was a shooter was a new kind of shooter. GTA3 was a next gen experience around the ps2 days.

Going by that line of thinking. it's nothing like anything else.

BusterFriendly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BusterFriendly

For the original question, I just got to the end and it says play time is 21 hours. There's still a lot of things to do but I wanted to at least finish the story before Unity and Dragon's Age start. I didn't spend a whole lot of time with collectibles or "cooking amps." I haven't tried the multiplayer either.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 sukraj

Just too many games to play and not enough days in the week.