How is Guitar Hero III?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

XIX-MajOr-XIX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 XIX-MajOr-XIX
Member since 2007 • 351 Posts
I was thinkin' about getting Guitar Hero III, but I don't know if it's any good.
Vampire_Turtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#2 Vampire_Turtle
Member since 2006 • 261 Posts

I was thinkin' about getting Guitar Hero III, but I don't know if it's any good. XIX-MajOr-XIX

Have LIVE? Get the demo from the marketplace, if you don't in my opinion it's a fun game to play with friends and is quite addicting.

XIX-MajOr-XIX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 XIX-MajOr-XIX
Can you play the demo with a regular controller?
BatDantheMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BatDantheMan
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
Can you play the demo with a regular controller?XIX-MajOr-XIX
If by regular controller you mean Xbox 360 controller then yes you can But what's the point? It's just not fun without the guitar.
drbob33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#5 drbob33
Member since 2003 • 251 Posts

Read my review.

Since that writing, I have decided that boss battles are freaking stupid. The final battle against Lou is stupid hard. I am not a fan. Guitar Hero III is much, much harder than Rock Band, so definitely factor that into your decision.

XIX-MajOr-XIX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 XIX-MajOr-XIX
I was talkin' about playin the demo with a regular controller.
XIX-MajOr-XIX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 XIX-MajOr-XIX
Well thanks for postin';)
MIB911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MIB911
Member since 2006 • 1720 Posts

i played Guitar Hero III at Best Buy the other day and it had to be in the top 3 most addicting/fun games i've ever played. i'm savin up for it cuz it was awesome.

oh btw u CAN play the demo with a 360 controller. instead of pressing the colors on the guitar u use LT LB RT RB and A... if thats what ur askin

XIX-MajOr-XIX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 XIX-MajOr-XIX

i played Guitar Hero III at Best Buy the other day and it had to be in the top 3 most addicting/fun games i've ever played. i'm savin up for it cuz it was awesome.

oh btw u CAN play the demo with a 360 controller. instead of pressing the colors on the guitar u use LT LB RT RB and A... if thats what ur askin

MIB911

I should go to Wal-Mart and try it out.

Vampire_Turtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#10 Vampire_Turtle
Member since 2006 • 261 Posts
[QUOTE="MIB911"]

XIX-MajOr-XIX

I should go to Wal-Mart and try it out.

yeah going to a store to try out GH3 is a good idea.

hawk5377

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hawk5377
Member since 2006 • 131 Posts
New controller is good but set list of songs on III really suck compared with guitar hero II
KGB32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 KGB32
Member since 2007 • 4279 Posts
it's uhhh pretty good, i don't regret having it....played it yesterday...aaaaand i might play it today...im stoked.
Large_Soda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 Large_Soda
Member since 2003 • 8658 Posts

If you like rock music and rhythm games then get it. I think the set list is leaps and bounds better than GH2 and it has a few personal gems that give it a push past GH1. My only gripe is the guitar, I find it slow and unresponsive and I have gone back to using my GHII Xplorer with it instead.

Maybe it's just me.
pittongkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 pittongkid
Member since 2007 • 606 Posts

My only gripe is the guitar, I find it slow and unresponsive and I have gone back to using my GHII Xplorer with it instead.

Large_Soda

Im sorry for the outcome of your guitar. I got a flawless lucky me (by the way chances are at 2% of getting a flawed unit). And about GH3, I like the songs (setlist) and the graphics better than GH2. So to XiX, if your into music + rhythm game this is a must own. I never regret buying it. Lots of replay value.

goat123123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 goat123123
Member since 2006 • 39 Posts
guitar hero 3 has to be the most addictive game i have ever played i hired it and ended up buying it aswell as GH 2 because it was so fun oh and by the way the songs on both games are awesome and some personal favourites
dalestorry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dalestorry
Member since 2006 • 218 Posts
seriously best game ever... you wont be dissapointed... all my friends that have a console own it aswell....2 playersis AWESOME
HokiePorter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 HokiePorter
Member since 2007 • 342 Posts
I enjoyed GHII quite a bit but GHIII I feel is alot better. The guitar is nicer to handle and the batteries do last a long time. I am not the greatest at the game, typically play on easy or medium when I played GHII, on GHIII easy was very easy but medium was a bigger jump up than the last game. The game has alot of replay value, I will pick it up when I just want to play something for 20 minutes and just rock out a few songs. My only complaint is the brightness of the game has gone way up so if you are playing in the dark (not much light in my apartment), it really gets to your eyes quicker than GHII did. I think the game is definitely worth the money.