How is BF Hardline?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

Online only, I don't play the SP. Looking for one of those all-night satisfying MP games.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Hotwire is one of the most fun modes I've ever played.

Imagine capture the flag but the flags are cars.

So far I'm really enjoying the other modes, I think we'll see the game continued to be refined with the season pass.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#3 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6083 Posts

@ps4hasnogames said:

Online only, I don't play the SP. Looking for one of those all-night satisfying MP games.

I find it good.....8/10.But may I add,it's a Battlefield 4 reskin.In my opinion,it's not a true sequel,but still good.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 PS4hasNOgames

@brimmul777 said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

I find it good.....8/10.But may I add,it's a Battlefield 4 reskin.In my opinion,it's not a true sequel,but still good.

ahh, yea I hear its more of a dlc than a new game. the more vids of it I see the more it looks just like bf4. maps look the same too.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

I'm loving it but I'm also a huge Battlefield and Visceral games fan(kudos to all the Dead Space references in-game!)...so take my opinion with a grain salt :)

To be honest I don't recall enjoying the Beta, but for some reason when I got my hands on the full game I could not stop playing it. I think the campaign is great fun but I won't talk too much about it here as per the OP, multiplayer modes have lots of variety and my favorite by far is Hotwire: Reaching specific speeds with marked cars(read objectives) is how you gain objective points, so think of Battlefield in general and the kind mayhem that can happen from that setup. It's great fun, and if you're not the driver you can be one of the passengers, you can stay inside the car and shoot from there, or take out half of your body and sit on the side of the door which affords you better aim and view....yeah, crazy stuff is what this game is....it's like the rebellious evil twin brother of BF4, if that makes sense.

As for online performance, it's light years ahead of the BF4 launch. Right now, it's nearly flawless online and I would say it is almost as good and fast as TitanFall online.....zero complaints, only issue I had is servers were down for like an hour the day after launch.

Crazy fun is how I would describe this game, and even some other non-core game modes like Conquest are great. They made minor changes in conquest, as I don't remember seeing this in Battlefield 4 but now you can see the area that is covered by the Conquest objective(so you know exacltly when ouside the capture zone) which adds a new dimension to the mode. Maps are cool overall but I want to see more.

Anyways I'm looking forward to seeing more of Hardline, great game and if you are on the fence just watch a few streams(espcially Hotwire) to help you make your decision. Be aware though this is most certainly not your typical BF game, tanks seem to be missing for one, for me it's not an issue because if I want to play the real BF I will just fire BF4 up.

XxAK47xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By XxAK47xX
Member since 2005 • 5003 Posts

@ps4hasnogames: I was skeptical at first because of all the hate,but it turns out that the game is really good. It's just a better version of battlefield 4. I like all five of the new game modes. I'm heavy playing rescue. Basically counterstrike.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 PS4hasNOgames

@XxAK47xX said:

@ps4hasnogames: I was skeptical at first because of all the hate,but it turns out that the game is really good. It's just a better version of battlefield 4. I like all five of the new game modes. I'm heavy playing rescue. Basically counterstrike.

hm, better in what ways exactly. I'm looking for a good tactical shooter and don't want to wait until rainbow six.

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

@ps4hasnogames:

I would not say it is anything like Rainbow 6 or Ghost Recon. The action is fast paced (as seen with the comments above about Hotwire mode where you drive really fast to keep control of a car with team mates sat inside shooting the other team on the go). It is very much like Battlefield 4 with some subtle differences (such as the hotwire mode, or being able to sneak up on the other team and when you melee them you can hold X after wards to get intel on their team mates (so I think it shows up for a short time on the map where the other members of that players squad/team are?).

Basically if you want a Battlefield experience this game has a lot to offer, but if you want a Ghost Recon/Rainbow 6 experience I would say this is not the game for you (from what I have played, in fairness I have not tried the smaller player count game types so the hostage mode could be what you are looking for).

tshot70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 tshot70
Member since 2015 • 26 Posts

Very fun. Maps and guns look great. The weapons feel authentic and the modes are hella fun!

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PS4hasNOgames

@Garfield360UK said:

@ps4hasnogames:

I would not say it is anything like Rainbow 6 or Ghost Recon. The action is fast paced (as seen with the comments above about Hotwire mode where you drive really fast to keep control of a car with team mates sat inside shooting the other team on the go). It is very much like Battlefield 4 with some subtle differences (such as the hotwire mode, or being able to sneak up on the other team and when you melee them you can hold X after wards to get intel on their team mates (so I think it shows up for a short time on the map where the other members of that players squad/team are?).

Basically if you want a Battlefield experience this game has a lot to offer, but if you want a Ghost Recon/Rainbow 6 experience I would say this is not the game for you (from what I have played, in fairness I have not tried the smaller player count game types so the hostage mode could be what you are looking for).

@tshot70 said:

Very fun. Maps and guns look great. The weapons feel authentic and the modes are hella fun!

well, I picked it up. was going to get cod aw but then realized its a cod game after all, with a jetpack that is probably over-used.

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts

@ps4hasnogames said:

@brimmul777 said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

ahh, yea I hear its more of a dlc than a new game. the more vids of it I see the more it looks just like bf4. maps look the same too.

What I feared.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 PS4hasNOgames

@SoAmazingBaby said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@brimmul777 said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

What I feared.

well i picked it up, installing forever. hope to play it by sundown.

XxAK47xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 XxAK47xX
Member since 2005 • 5003 Posts

@ps4hasnogames said:

@XxAK47xX said:

hm, better in what ways exactly. I'm looking for a good tactical shooter and don't want to wait until rainbow six.

Yes i can't wait until RB6, that is the ultimate tactical shooter. For BF:HL I find that the hit detection is very good( better), The servers are lighting quick ( i have not seen much lag and to get into any game you will wait a maximum of 3 seconds) , the player movement is tighter, gun wielding animations look cooler, and finally again i love the game modes. I also like the way you unlock/ purchase weapons and gear better. I will say that its been a couple days and i already feel like there are not enough maps. Hardline is a good shooter until Rainbow 6 is released.

JJMarley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JJMarley
Member since 2015 • 162 Posts

It's a fun game. Just wish there was more levelution to the maps. I love playing blood money. Its a great action packed game mode. Keeps you on your toes cause you could be getting money from the vault and while doing so, the opposite team can steal money from your stash. I just wish the game was longer cause it can end in 10-15 min. And that's fast do a BF4 game.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

Don't know about MP, but the campaign was pretty cool (for a BF game).