How does one get recognized in Multiplayer on XBL?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dirtyharrycal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 dirtyharrycal
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

There really is no way to say this without people thinking I am bragging. I am just stating my situation:

I am one of the best people I've seen at Shadowrun AND R6V, yet none of my friends or anyone I know even plays xbox. How does one get recognized in the gaming community? When I played counterstrike years ago, I was very good at it, got on a cal-m team before quitting for school. Its much easier on a PC than it is on XBOX.

Am I missing something? Is there anything I can do (websites/ladders) to climb ranks?

MassiveKaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 MassiveKaos
Member since 2006 • 3876 Posts
mlg? All the newbs that watch mlg will know you if your on live.
dirtyharrycal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 dirtyharrycal
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
you have to be part of a team, dont you?
PhantomNemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 PhantomNemesis
Member since 2004 • 265 Posts
Form a clan, make videos showing your awesomeness, make friends with others you like who play the game. Be active on popular forums like Gamespot and 360 Achievements.org, that should help in your road to fame.
ryanvl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ryanvl
Member since 2004 • 167 Posts
I don't really think that's feasible unless you're talking about rising to the ranks of Fatality (sp?) and the like. Your best bet would be to join a clan and find ladders/leagues online. I know they are out there, couldn't give you a direct link though.
ParkCarsHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#6 ParkCarsHere
Member since 2004 • 3556 Posts

Gaming isn't really a national sport... so we gamers only know the names of people who win big in tournaments, and the only one that has truly done that (and been recognized by NAME) is fatal1ty. All the rest of us are invisible in the world of gaming, no matter how great you think you are.

If you're REALLY good then you'll be recognized. Just because you're kind of good at one game doesn't mean anything to the rest of the Xbox live community. Besides, a lot of people who play on Xbox live just do it for fun... they could care less who is destroying them, as long as they have fun.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#7 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
Some major league organization, like Major League Gaming. There's another worldwide gaming league that can be seen on the tvs at Gamestop (at least the Gamestop near my house), but the name isn't remembered by me right now.....IGL or something.
Danold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 Danold
Member since 2005 • 3174 Posts
I would worry about rising in game fame, just play and have fun. if you are good at it you may be regnized, only if you are really good. When I say recognized I mean clans will sought you out.
Futien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Futien
Member since 2006 • 422 Posts

There really is no way to say this without people thinking I am bragging. I am just stating my situation:

I am one of the best people I've seen at Shadowrun AND R6V, yet none of my friends or anyone I know even plays xbox. How does one get recognized in the gaming community? When I played counterstrike years ago, I was very good at it, got on a cal-m team before quitting for school. Its much easier on a PC than it is on XBOX.

Am I missing something? Is there anything I can do (websites/ladders) to climb ranks?

dirtyharrycal

subscribe to gamespot.com and sign up for r6v if you are truly good, that would get you known in at least the gamespot community if you did good

edflam311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 edflam311
Member since 2006 • 1806 Posts
Join mlg, if you're really that good they'll find you.
stygiansanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 stygiansanity
Member since 2005 • 3183 Posts
there are millions of people...the likelyhood of you playing the same people again are small (if you join a random server), so recognition is extremely slow, if non-exsistant.
Danold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 Danold
Member since 2005 • 3174 Posts

there are millions of people...the likelyhood of you playing the same people again are small (if you join a random server), so recognition is extremely slow, if non-exsistant. stygiansanity

Thats kind of weak. I used to join the same server everyday with css and I didn't have to worry about friend requests and all that jive, I just liked playing with the same people each time, even if we did not converse.

NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 NAPK1NS
Member since 2004 • 14870 Posts
Join MLG, my friend and I are trying to climb the ranks over there.
ag1002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 ag1002
Member since 2004 • 13499 Posts
well I don't know the names of any good gamers mlg or not, so I don't know how you can get recognized... I don't see why you want to be recognized either
Itz_Stinger6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Itz_Stinger6
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
I have tried being recognized in doubles ladders on mlg no luck,anyone want to join team ladder with me?