how do i fix my corrupted game save?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Spire88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 Spire88
Member since 2006 • 4502 Posts

so i was just playing Bioshock 2 and i savedand than it froze while saving, i pressed the buttons and the guide button and nothing. and also unplugged the controller and opened the tray and STILL nothing. so i turn off my 360 and turn it back on and when i try to load up that save it says it is corrupted.

i want to know how do i fix it? cause i dont want to restart the level over from the autosave.

PLEASE HELP!.

Avatar image for DamianAlexander
DamianAlexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 DamianAlexander
Member since 2008 • 3762 Posts

You can't fix it. You're going to have to start again from the beginning.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
thTS THE Reason why its called corrupted... its destoryed
Spire88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Spire88
just great, well how do i make sure i dont have to restart the level over again if this happens again? and what do i do when it freezes in mid save so it doesnt get corrupted?
DamianAlexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DamianAlexander

just great, well how do i make sure i dont have to restart the level over again if this happens again? and what do i do when it freezes in mid save so it doesnt get corrupted?Spire88

The only thing you can do is have multiple saves. You should have an auto save along with your regular save, correct? Use that once for now if you still have it, it should pick up at the beginning of the level. If you saved over it there isn't anything you can do.

Have multiple saves, and if it freezes in mid save there isn't anything you can do about it.

Spire88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Spire88
ok so have 2 save files and 1 auto save, and should i just delete that corrupted file or save over it? or will that make things worse?
Dawq902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 Dawq902
Member since 2007 • 6796 Posts
[QUOTE="Spire88"]just great, well how do i make sure i dont have to restart the level over again if this happens again? and what do i do when it freezes in mid save so it doesnt get corrupted?

Save often. That is the best way to do it. I had 2 XBLA games become corrupted, they were both really good ones to :(
DamianAlexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DamianAlexander

ok so have 2 save files and 1 auto save, and should i just delete that corrupted file or save over it? or will that make things worse?Spire88

Delete the corrupted file, it won't do anything bad to your game, but it's a waste of space. Use the auto save, it should pick up in the beginning of the level. And no, I don't think it will happen again, just bad luck.

Spire88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Spire88
i dont know, when i play fallout 3 it froze all the time.
DamianAlexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DamianAlexander

i dont know, when i play fallout 3 it froze all the time.Spire88

Yes, Fallout 3, sure, whatever. This isn't Fallout 3, you shouldn't have the same problem.

Unless you don't take care of your disc, or your Xbox.

Spire88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Spire88
well it froze again, not durring the save but while collicting adam of the corpse in the brothel place. i think it may have frozen because there were too many enemys, i had the rumbler and thug after me.
DamianAlexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DamianAlexander

well it froze again, not durring the save but while collicting adam of the corpse in the brothel place. i think it may have frozen because there were too many enemys, i had the rumbler and thug after me.Spire88

The game does suffer from freezing. Try to bare with it, it is a very good game.

Hakud0ushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Hakud0ushi
Member since 2005 • 7613 Posts
It never happened to me before, but i usually have at least 3 saves, sometimes more.
Spire88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Spire88

[QUOTE="Spire88"]well it froze again, not durring the save but while collicting adam of the corpse in the brothel place. i think it may have frozen because there were too many enemys, i had the rumbler and thug after me.DamianAlexander

The game does suffer from freezing. Try to bare with it, it is a very good game.

oh yea its an amazing game.
dragonic9100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dragonic9100
Member since 2009 • 356 Posts

kick your xbox until its fixed

fastr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 fastr
Member since 2010 • 2100 Posts
Same thing happened to me.. at the very end of a level, and had to do it all over again, wasn't pleased.. Just alternate from 2 saves each time you save, so if you do loose one you have a back up not far behind.. Save often!