How do i beat the the pale horse act in gears of wars !!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Red_26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Red_26
Member since 2006 • 256 Posts
Im on the last act of gears of wars and i cant beat it. tried like a 1000 times. the walkthrough ive used throughout the game cant help me in this act cuz it requires the torque bow which i dont have . HELP PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Swan-Dive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Swan-Dive
Member since 2007 • 144 Posts

you dont need the torque bow...me and my friend beat it on insane last night using only lancers and grenades. My suggestion to you is to do it in co-op and it will be alot easier

Red_26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Red_26

u have any info on beating it alone?

Swan-Dive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Swan-Dive
Member since 2007 • 144 Posts
id still say do co-op but casual can easily be done by yourself... what i did is shoot him with the lancer when kryll are on him (although i dont think it does anything) and then just snipe him in the head when the kryll are gone. it should only take about 3 or 4 shots and it helps to use grenades if he is getting close to you
fenwickhotmail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 fenwickhotmail
Member since 2004 • 7308 Posts
neva dun it alone but its probably 100 x harder. wen u cover behind the wall to start off with keep shooting until he cums near then sprint to the opposite wall n cover?
Red_26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Red_26

much appreciated

Red_26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Red_26
i hate those f'ing kryll, when you are not in cover they kill you automatically so i am a little hesitant on leaving cover
IMuGGeDSaTaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 IMuGGeDSaTaN
Member since 2007 • 485 Posts
Go into the dark to make the kryll come after you than go back into the light and shoot him. And you can get the torque bow in the begining place its against the pole and kind of hard to find.
Red_26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Red_26

never tried that before interesting

karmageddon2k4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 karmageddon2k4
Member since 2004 • 919 Posts
It's a little hard solo but i've done it. You just have to watch your ammo and don't carelessly fire for the sake of it. I just unloaded on him with grenades and the chainsaw gun. I used grenades to make the kryll go away then would shoot at him until they returned, repeated until i ran out of grenades then just kept shooting him. Got low on ammo but he went down. That was on hardcore. I'm about halfway through playing on insane but i haven't played in a while but im sure he's quite tough compared to casual and hardcore
rambo368

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 rambo368
Member since 2005 • 482 Posts

What i did was, waited till the kryll left him and make sure you stay in the light of course and i would use the sniper rifle which is in the room before you go outside and i would headshot him it takes about 4 or 5 shots

Red_26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Red_26

do bodyshots work on raam ?

bluntiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 bluntiss
Member since 2005 • 462 Posts
no this boss is actually really easy. You have to go run right past him to the end and their's a placement gun there. Use this on him and he'll die in a second. Run all the way to the back, it's located on a stair case overlooking the bridge.
Dalton2K5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#15 Dalton2K5
Member since 2004 • 346 Posts

no this boss is actually really easy. You have to go run right past him to the end and their's a placement gun there. Use this on him and he'll die in a second. Run all the way to the back, it's located on a stair case overlooking the bridge.bluntiss

Are you NUTS? It's pitchblack at that turrent! The Kryll could massacre you in seconds if you decide on that route! Anyways, I just used grenades to get rid of the Kryll, then just shot him from undercover at the farthest block from the entrance. For some reason, he gets stuck on that block for quite a long time, so you could easily just waste a few clips on him at this time. If he starts going around, jump around to another place, take cover, and repeat. Granted, it might not always work, but it works fine for me.

SpaceMatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SpaceMatt
Member since 2003 • 3588 Posts

There's a Torque Bow in the last car before RAAM, as well as a sniper rifle. Just look around in there and you'll find them.

Then you'll be able to use your strategy guide. If worst comes to worst though, host an online co-op game and get someone to help you through it.

Red_26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Red_26
yo everybody, i defeated it with all your help. combined alot of your strategies. fragged him until the kryll went away and sniped him on the head 2 times. then raam went on the otherside of my wall ( the first one )but then Iblindfired him until he died. much thanks for all yor advice
Roland1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Roland1987
Member since 2004 • 3038 Posts
I was so disappointed with this boss fight after everything i had heard about people struggeling to defeat Raam ( i remember when this game was new like half of the gears threads were about killing raam) but i found it pretty easy. The grenades and then sniping is the easiest strategy ive used but i have seen it done using just the turret in the back although it is hard because it is dark there and kryll attack.
Red_26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Red_26

yeah i just got this game like 4 days ago i can understand why half of the GoW threads were about killing raam

billwill82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 billwill82
Member since 2004 • 117 Posts
if ya really strugglin, go on you tube and do a search. not end of posts showing people beating the final act. i did it with torque bow and sniper. there both in the carriage before you go trhough to end sequence.
Red_26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Red_26

hey the post helped me beat raam

Wellfedmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 Wellfedmonkey
Member since 2006 • 1477 Posts

It always baffles me when people visit a game site and ask how to beat something when the Game spot guys\gals have made game guides and video walkthroughs for our use and people would rather waste space in the forums to ask a question thats more easily answered with just some common sense.

Prim3t1me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Prim3t1me
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Okay,My friend asked me the same thing and here is the one of the best ways 2 do taht. Equip yourself with the Torque and the LANCER ( If u dont know where the torque is, its on the wall on one of the sides of the weapon placements) When u have those enter the door tu fight RAAM.This next step will work a lot faster with a friend,but u can still get the job done if ur alone: Use the torque bow in ordertu hit the kryll off of him, BUT DONT RELOAD.When this happens, switch 2 the lancer and AIM AT HIS HEAD!!(Also,when u reload,USE THE ACTIVE RELOADTU HELPYOU DEFEAT HIM, AND STAY BEHIND COVER AND INTO THE LIGHT!!)Now, when the kryll fly back on him,switch tu the torque AND ACTIVE RELOAD!! Use it tu knock the kryll, switch tu the lancer,ACTIVE RELOADand AIM AT HIS HEAD!! Remember, move around cover from time tu time and stay in the light.BIG TIP: when he get tu u, he is going tu try tu come around from one of the sides.WHEN THIS HAPPENZ,SWITCH AROUNDTU THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WALL!! Repeat this process until a movie of raam getting blasted is showing. Congratz u beat gears!!! Hope I helped.