Horrible Trade in for Madden

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nickpasq13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 nickpasq13
Member since 2007 • 119 Posts
So I went into gamestop to get madden 09 and i decided to trade in a few games. THe game were call of duty 3, Mass Effect, SC: Chaos Theory, and Special ED Halo. I got ripped off I got 43 dollars total for those games and ended up only getting 60 cents for Chaos Theory. All for Madden I guess:?
deathtoallgods

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deathtoallgods
Member since 2007 • 577 Posts
Wow that is pretty poor, what are they selling used copies of Chaos Theory for?
Avatar image for The_Dark_Jester
The_Dark_Jester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 The_Dark_Jester
Member since 2003 • 1649 Posts
This is why I use Goozex. Gamestop is for new games only, IMHO.
nickpasq13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 nickpasq13
i bought halo 3 when it came out for like 70 dollars and i ended up getting 26 bucks
Avatar image for The_Dark_Jester
The_Dark_Jester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 The_Dark_Jester
Member since 2003 • 1649 Posts
That's terrible.
nickpasq13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 nickpasq13

That's terrible.The_Dark_Jester

i should have reached across the counter and slapped that gamestop guy:twisted:

mtxero28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 mtxero28
Member since 2006 • 312 Posts
I don't know why more people don't sell their games on ebay or through a game trading website. Gamestop doesn't give you nearly the amount you could be getting.
SpYkMo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SpYkMo
Member since 2006 • 393 Posts

you should've gone sunday. they gave you 30% more on your trade in if you re served madden.

i traded in last years madden and ncaa football. warhawk, time crisis 4 and burnout paradise. and ended up getting like $55 for it. i know not a ton but i used it for the collectors edition of madden, so i really only paid $40 for my copy of madden.

OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts
lol..that sucks
PixelAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11 PixelAddict
Member since 2008 • 2237 Posts

i traded in last years madden and ncaa football. warhawk, time crisis 4 and burnout paradise. and ended up getting like $55 for it. i know not a ton but i used it for the collectors edition of madden, so i really only paid $40 for my copy of madden.

SpYkMo

I don't understand why anyone would trade in Paradise at this point. They are adding new content through the next months and it already is the best racer on any system. Silly IMO.

At least sell it on eBay so you get some decent duckets for it.

gta4_2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 gta4_2112
Member since 2007 • 3270 Posts
That sucks
Avatar image for SouthernBBaller
SouthernBBaller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SouthernBBaller
Member since 2007 • 260 Posts
Wow, what a bad deal. Madden is terrible. I wouldn't have traded Mass Effect straight up for it.
Avatar image for torontomapleafs
torontomapleafs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 torontomapleafs
Member since 2006 • 2019 Posts
I'm always happy with my trade in values. The only thing that bugs me is you don't get cash, i have a 400 dollar gift card sitting there and i have nothing to buy.
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts
I'd never get rid of a game. I always get weird urges to play all sorts of games. Plus that's the biggest rip off i've ever seen,
mfp16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 mfp16
Member since 2006 • 4551 Posts
thats really bites... You really are better off with ebay. I always sell mine there, prices are much more resonable.
Avatar image for uconnhuskies050
uconnhuskies050

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 uconnhuskies050
Member since 2007 • 643 Posts

Hey, good job! You traded in a bunch of good games for *gasp* an updated version of a game you already own! Good job, moron.DbleBassDrummer

You obviously haven't played 09. And I'm assuming not many of the predecessors either...You are entitled to your opinion, but I'd say calling him a moron is greatly unnecessary...

tazzydnc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19 tazzydnc
Member since 2006 • 3874 Posts
Dude... not only did you get ripped off but Madden isn't even that good this year.
uconnhuskies050

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 uconnhuskies050

Dude... not only did you get ripped off but Madden isn't even that good this year. tazzydnc

It's been almost unanimously voted as being the best in the series.

Avatar image for DbleBassDrummer
DbleBassDrummer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#21 DbleBassDrummer
Member since 2005 • 1375 Posts

[QUOTE="DbleBassDrummer"]Hey, good job! You traded in a bunch of good games for *gasp* an updated version of a game you already own! Good job, moron.uconnhuskies050

You obviously haven't played 09. And I'm assuming not many of the predecessors either...You are entitled to your opinion, but I'd say calling him a moron is greatly unnecessary...

I've given up on yearly installment series altogether. I'll only now rent Tony Hawk or WWE every other year. Maybe it only takes a few short months to develop a game; To reinvent it and make it special, so to speak. But even if that's true, that's NOT why they sell a new edition every year. Anyone with half a brain can tell that the company who snagged exclusive rights to the NFL isn't in it to make something truly great. My money says that Madden 2010 is already in the works, and they're already planning out 2011. The entire Madden business plans seems to revolve around making a quick buck off of the casual gamer who "only plays Madden."

So no, I haven't played your Madden's. I'm sure they're not terrible. But I won't play them out of principal.

The last football game I bought was Blitz: The League. Everything that ever bugged me about Madden was gone, and the gameplay was solid and satisfying. Needless to say, I haven't looked back since.

uconnhuskies050

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 uconnhuskies050
[QUOTE="uconnhuskies050"]

[QUOTE="DbleBassDrummer"]Hey, good job! You traded in a bunch of good games for *gasp* an updated version of a game you already own! Good job, moron.DbleBassDrummer

I've given up on yearly installment series altogether. I'll only now rent Tony Hawk or WWE every other year. Maybe it only takes a few short months to develop a game; To reinvent it and make it special, so to speak. But even if that's true, that's NOT why they sell a new edition every year. Anyone with half a brain can tell that the company who snagged exclusive rights to the NFL isn't in it to make something truly great. My money says that Madden 2010 is already in the works, and they're already planning out 2011. The entire Madden business plans seems to revolve around making a quick buck off of the casual gamer who "only plays Madden."

So no, I haven't played your Madden's. I'm sure they're not terrible. But I won't play them out of principal.

The last football game I bought was Blitz: The League. Everything that ever bugged me about Madden was gone, and the gameplay was solid and satisfying. Needless to say, I haven't looked back since.

I agree with almost all of your points actually. I'm on the every other year schedule thing also. I say send us a roster update every year and a fully revamped game every other year but it will never happen. I bought Blitz also and it was awesome, but I loved Madden as I always have. So yeah, I agree with you, but I still love Madden 09.

LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts
60 cents for chaos theory?!? and they sell it used for $17.99!!..thats F'ed up
DbleBassDrummer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DbleBassDrummer
[QUOTE="DbleBassDrummer"][QUOTE="uconnhuskies050"]

[QUOTE="DbleBassDrummer"]Hey, good job! You traded in a bunch of good games for *gasp* an updated version of a game you already own! Good job, moron.uconnhuskies050

I agree with almost all of your points actually. I'm on the every other year schedule thing also. I say send us a roster update every year and a fully revamped game every other year but it will never happen. I bought Blitz also and it was awesome, but I loved Madden as I always have. So yeah, I agree with you, but I still love Madden 09.

Exactly. The quality of the Madden package wasn't up for question. You either like it or you don't, just like any other game. I was referring to the money aspect. Last generation, I could at least understand for those hardcore fanatics who HAD to have the updated rosters. (Though with enough effort, I'm sure they could have updated it themselves.) But you're absolutely right about DLC updates. I mean, that sounds exactly what the idea behind DLC is. We get nickeled and dimed on XBL all of the time, but Father Allmighty forbid it for them to use it in a way it makes sense.

On a side note, rosters don't matter at all to me... another reason Blitz didn't lose any appeal with me.

EA grubs money, pure and simple. I've got a Rock Band drumset, two X-Plorers, and my own USB mic, so basically I'm going to say that I'm not shelving any cash out for Rock Band 2's new peripherals. New game discs for music games are basically large DLC packages, so I'll forgive those, but the instruments are getting worse than the Maddens.

DbleBassDrummer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DbleBassDrummer

Also, I can't speak for Call of Duty 3, but Mass Effect, Chaos Theory, and Halo 3? Come on... those games have lasting appeal. Better keep them then buy a copy of Madden you're going to replace again... next year.

Sorry, but the moron comment was certainly called for.

KingDridge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 KingDridge
Member since 2008 • 321 Posts

Bahahahhaha

I got 40$ for trading in NCAA 09 toward Madden.

suck on that

Magna_Man109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Magna_Man109
Member since 2005 • 5527 Posts

:lol: I got Madden 09 for only .58 cents.

Traded in Civ Rev, Burnout, and had some money on the Edge card... Yea my friend hooked me up with the games so yea I really only paid .58 cents.

a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#28 a55a55inx
Member since 2004 • 4188 Posts
60 cents? I would have kept Chaos theory... u should have taken it back
julianwelton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 julianwelton
Member since 2006 • 2526 Posts

This is why I use Goozex. Gamestop is for new games only, IMHO.The_Dark_Jester

No, gamestop is for buying used games, not trading them in. Hey by the way can you pm me and tell me exactly how goozex works because I've heard of it but don't really know how it works.

69ANT69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 69ANT69
Member since 2007 • 8472 Posts
That really sucks.
CardiacKid07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 CardiacKid07
Member since 2007 • 1225 Posts

[QUOTE="tazzydnc"]Dude... not only did you get ripped off but Madden isn't even that good this year. uconnhuskies050

i agree madden this blows the rest out of the water by far. even though ppl say "its the same every year with new rosters" it really isnt, that is if your a real madden fan you'll know what i mean it just isnt the same.

gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts
So I went into gamestop to get madden 09 and i decided to trade in a few games. THe game were call of duty 3, Mass Effect, SC: Chaos Theory, and Special ED Halo. I got ripped off I got 43 dollars total for those games and ended up only getting 60 cents for Chaos Theory. All for Madden I guess:?nickpasq13
LOL, these game retailers such as Gamestop are such a ripoff. That's why Ebay can be your best friend, you should've Ebay'd them all as a bundle.
djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts
So I went into gamestop to get madden 09 and i decided to trade in a few games. THe game were call of duty 3, Mass Effect, SC: Chaos Theory, and Special ED Halo. I got ripped off I got 43 dollars total for those games and ended up only getting 60 cents for Chaos Theory. All for Madden I guess:?nickpasq13
in uk you wud of got next to nothing for mass effect, halo, splinter cell. but cod4 still gets decent money. i traded mine in at gamestation for 28pounds which works out about $56usa . reason its still hitting good money for trade in a year nearly later is because they still sell it for 37.99pounds 2nd hand so u can get decent money mass effect round here u probally only get like 4-6pounds now as they sell it for around 10 pounds and the old xbox games arnt worth trading as they sell them cheap enough so not worth selling for like 1pound or so
wojopro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 wojopro
Member since 2007 • 279 Posts
I hated Madden 08 so I wasnt even thinking of picking up 09. Did they do anything better with the controls this year? Im happy with what they did with NCAA 09.
Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts

COD3 and Chaos Theory are very old and worth very little

Special ED Halo (presumably Halo 3) isn't worth more than a couple $ more than regular edition because soo many copies sold. Given how cheaply you can buy it second hand trade in is going to be half that value, and Mass Effect, while very good, can also be found very cheaply.

I still can't understand why anyone would accept trade in value when you can easily sell them online via ebay or other sites and make considerably more money.

pppjjj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 pppjjj
Member since 2004 • 1094 Posts
Gamestop always rip people off, never go there to trade used games.
tazzydnc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#37 tazzydnc
Member since 2006 • 3874 Posts

[QUOTE="tazzydnc"]Dude... not only did you get ripped off but Madden isn't even that good this year. uconnhuskies050

By who? And I'm pretty sure I hear that every year since every game is essentially the same build as the game before with a few updates. How could it not be better than last year?

The graphics are a bit better, the commentary too, but the actual gameplay is exactly the same. Still the same old glitches and bugs, same stupid WRs running routes out of bounds and knocking into each other on crossing routes, and the same ridiculous interceptions by line backers running away from the play who instantly change direction and jump 6 feet in the air for an INT. Some of the features they "added" were things in previous iterations that they took out.

I've owned every Madden since '99 so don't think I'm biased against the series but this one will be the first one I don't keep.

Avatar image for deactivated-57a12126af02c
deactivated-57a12126af02c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-57a12126af02c
Member since 2007 • 3290 Posts
Not me, I got 40$ for NCAA 09, 6 for Madden 08, and 3.60 for crackdown.