Hmmm.....What's going on? Why doesn't Halo 3 work?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

masterchef56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 masterchef56
Member since 2009 • 36 Posts

Well...Halo Wars came out. That's the reason why I bought the Limited Edition game. I would have bought the 60$ one, but I bought the 80$ one for the sole purpose of getting those Halo 3 Mythic maps. Well, here's my problem. I play for about 20 minutes, and the Xbox starts making a wierd awkward sound. It sounds like the usual humming, quickly followed by a deeper humming, and somewhat of a scratching sound repeatedly until after about 1 hour of play, on anything, this will stop, and make the game stop. It pulls up the "Disc is Unreadable" sign. The thing is, this happens on nothing else. Not a single other game. The game overall will not play any of the maps. It will go to 20% and back to 0% very quickly about 4 times thensay "Play was unable to load content". I can barely play any of the maps. But, when i pull out my Xbl connection cord, it works, like when I'm offline. So, anybody know whats going on?

noobeater55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 noobeater55
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
maybe microsoft is purposly doing it to buy a new xbox 360 that does not break.
Adam_the_Nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Adam_the_Nerd
Member since 2006 • 4403 Posts
That sounds like a weird glitch, but you know, I wasn't able to play Oblivion at all, and I had the same problems with the Gears of War 1 2nd Map Pack. I'd say it's just some strange computer anomaly glitch when the hard drive and game disk try to work together. Anyway, one quick quesiton; is halo 3 installed on your hard drive? Because I read that it could cause potential problems, according to bungie
ihopNESS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ihopNESS
Member since 2008 • 179 Posts

you My friend Have a Cracked halo 3 disc.

I have the same problems with mine.

i have to get a new one sadly :cry:

masterchef56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 masterchef56

you My friend Have a Cracked halo 3 disc.

I have the same problems with mine.

i have to get a new one sadly :cry:

ihopNESS

So, It makes that wierd sound and all too? Thanks, I thought I was the only one. Anyways, Doesn't microsoft have some deal where you can get a brand new game if it's cracked? How sure are you of that my disk is cracked?

masterchef56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 masterchef56

That sounds like a weird glitch, but you know, I wasn't able to play Oblivion at all, and I had the same problems with the Gears of War 1 2nd Map Pack. I'd say it's just some strange computer anomaly glitch when the hard drive and game disk try to work together. Anyway, one quick quesiton; is halo 3 installed on your hard drive? Because I read that it could cause potential problems, according to bungie Adam_the_Nerd

Nope. Wierd problem, huh?

Avatar image for SpartanRedSox34
SpartanRedSox34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SpartanRedSox34
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

someone was playing catch with the console lol

Avatar image for Incredible_Bulk
Incredible_Bulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Incredible_Bulk
Member since 2007 • 236 Posts
I think the free game thing was only for the limited editions, the ones that came in the metal boxes. They did that because they found out the metal box was scratching the discs, usually in transit. SO unless you have the limited edition (not the helmet edition, one though, i believe) I do not think you will be able to get a free game out of it, especially since the game came out over over a year ago. Sorry, dude.