Hey... In need with help setting up live.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

g33zer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 g33zer
Member since 2005 • 1034 Posts

Ok i have just bought a wireless adapter for the 360 and read the guide book thing but it makes no sense, so basically im coming on here to ask how to set it up, a step by step guide would be awesome.

I am entirely grateful for anyone who chooses to post a helpful post back.

Please guys dont want to sound like a begger but i want to show off my SKILLS Lol.

MUch appreciated xxx

g33zer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 g33zer
Member since 2005 • 1034 Posts
BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!
chilihead7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#3 chilihead7
Member since 2004 • 215 Posts
wow lol n00b
TheRevanent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 TheRevanent
Member since 2006 • 201 Posts
Just plug it into the port on the back of your 360 and when you set up Xbox Live it should connect to your wireless network.
dreadedred19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 dreadedred19
Member since 2007 • 1279 Posts
wow that was rude and pointless, lol. im sorry but i use an ethernet connection. i do beleive there is a connct button on the adapter that you press to connect to a wireless router (which you must have) just like how you connect your controllers to a console. i think thats how it would work, but im not sure because i dont go wireless.
burgessjacob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 burgessjacob
Member since 2005 • 280 Posts

Assuming that you already have a wireless network set up. All you need to do is hook in the adapter in the back, it a will access the wireless network itself, you dont need to push any buttons on it or anything. Depending on how your wireless network is set up will depend on how difficult it will be for your 360 to connect.

if its set up with no security code, then it should access it with no problems. you just set up your live subscription and your ready to go. if there is a security code, i believe on the older routers it called the wep code. you need to find that and type that into your settings. If you dont know what it is, you should call your internet provider and have them help you find it. i could explain how to, but its different on a lot of computers and it would take to long. hope this helped some.

abe491

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 abe491
Member since 2006 • 410 Posts
why waste 100 bucks when you can just connect live to your laptop
Avatar image for patsfan4liferjn
patsfan4liferjn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 patsfan4liferjn
Member since 2007 • 1253 Posts

why waste 100 bucks when you can just connect live to your laptopabe491

whoever said he had a laptop?

dreadedred19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 dreadedred19

[QUOTE="abe491"]why waste 100 bucks when you can just connect live to your laptoppatsfan4liferjn

its not as simple as that. i tried that first but it didnt work. if you are goin to connect by ethernet, it needs to be connected to a router.
Avatar image for patsfan4liferjn
patsfan4liferjn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 patsfan4liferjn
Member since 2007 • 1253 Posts
[QUOTE="patsfan4liferjn"]

[QUOTE="abe491"]why waste 100 bucks when you can just connect live to your laptopdreadedred19

its not as simple as that. i tried that first but it didnt work. if you are goin to connect by ethernet, it needs to be connected to a router.

im not positive but im pretty sure u dont need a router. thats the whole point in using the cord. u dont have wireless internet.

burgessjacob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 burgessjacob
Member since 2005 • 280 Posts
[QUOTE="dreadedred19"][QUOTE="patsfan4liferjn"]

[QUOTE="abe491"]why waste 100 bucks when you can just connect live to your laptoppatsfan4liferjn

im not positive but im pretty sure u dont need a router. thats the whole point in using the cord. u dont have wireless internet.

not all routers are wireless (most are just built with wireless access points already in them). i've never hooked it up by ethernet cable before but i think it has to connect into the modem

dreadedred19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 dreadedred19
well my router is connected to my modem anyway, so instead of a direct connection to the modem, its routed through the modem. and trust me, i tried to connect my ethernet cord to a laptop and it didnt work, so i had to buy a 50 foot ethernet to connect to the router.