Hey guys,whats better in your opinions. Call of Duty 4:MW or Call of Duty 5:WAW?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

britishdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 britishdude360
Member since 2005 • 555 Posts

Hey whats up guys. I have recently brought cod 4 mw at quite a high price considering the games age, but everyone says its a must for a guaranteed explosive single player story mode and a awesome mutiplayer game, so i bought the game, but it seems to be that the new cod 5 is the same price but even better, should i have regreted my buy or should i be very happy with this investment. To the people who have played both games can you share your opinions?? is cod 5 worth a buy or is it just like a cod coated revampof a ww2 game??:)

Toxic8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#2 Toxic8
Member since 2007 • 1653 Posts

It's a pretty good game,but I have played soooo many ww2 shooters that I am now tired of that era.Change it up,there were more wars than ww2.Also I prefer the newer weapons and what not.

RobboElRobbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 RobboElRobbo
Member since 2009 • 13668 Posts
CoD4 by far... WaW is still a good game though
rickdom67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 rickdom67
Member since 2005 • 67 Posts
Dude Modern Warefare is better somehow, I don't know why yet. I have both and I keep playing COD4 multiplayer over and over again, but just can't seem to get into WaW. Probably mostly because I hate WWII. Also if you'll notice everytime Treyarch makes a title it never comes out quite as good as when Infinity Ward does it.
Lionhart_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 Lionhart_basic
Member since 2002 • 417 Posts

Call of Duty 4 definitely. I only rented CoD:WaW, fun but has nothing on CoD4.

jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jamejame
Member since 2005 • 10634 Posts

WaW has better features such as Nazi Zombies (extremely addictive), online co-op for 4-players, death cards, and in my opinion the better campaign, but if all you're concerned with is the best competetive multiplayer experience then I'd go for CoD4. WaW's is still fun - great actually, but CoD4's is a bit stronger due to small things like better maps without some of the spawn problems WaW still faces, and better weapons (matter of opinion of course). I think both are awesome and worth owning though.

dirtydishko2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dirtydishko2
Member since 2008 • 787 Posts
This is probably like the 50th COD4 or COD:WaW thread. Modern Warfare is better
britishdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 britishdude360

What the 50th thread wow now thats accurate counting there buddy

ieatnoobs18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ieatnoobs18
Member since 2009 • 1190 Posts
They are pretty much the same exact game. Different maps and weapons. and 5 is more gorey
volume_three

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 volume_three
Member since 2005 • 2142 Posts

WaW has better features such as Nazi Zombies (extremely addictive), online co-op for 4-players, death cards, and in my opinion the better campaign, but if all you're concerned with is the best competetive multiplayer experience then I'd go for CoD4. WaW's is still fun - great actually, but CoD4's is a bit stronger due to small things like better maps without some of the spawn problems WaW still faces, and better weapons (matter of opinion of course). I think both are awesome and worth owning though.

jamejame

Couldn't have put it better

ScaryGaryJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ScaryGaryJr
Member since 2007 • 45 Posts

jamejame

Definitely correct about the campaign and extras. I've played bopth extensively online and beat both campaigns and both campaigns are very good, i think WAW has a better campaign. As far as online is concerned, most people don't like WAW as much online because it is much harder than MW. In general, the guns are not as effective at killing people and can be very frustrating. WAW has a little bit of added little things to online multiplayer but nothing to get hyped about. If you wanted to play better campaign/play with friends- should have gotten WAW

Avatar image for GreenmonsterBLS
GreenmonsterBLS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GreenmonsterBLS
Member since 2007 • 1031 Posts

I think of it this way: One of them is vanilla ice cream, the other one is chocolate. They are both ice cream, it just depends on what im in the mood for.

BigBossSAA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BigBossSAA
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I think WoW is better than MW It has a better story in myopinion and Nazi zombies which is very fun. I also grew up playing the WWII call of duty so it was fun playing it again after MW.

britishdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 britishdude360

I think of it this way: One of them is vanilla ice cream, the other one is chocolate. They are both ice cream, it just depends on what im in the mood for.

GreenmonsterBLS
interesting..... bit of racism comparating lol
britishdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 britishdude360

Im glad i brought modern warefare, im actually fed up with ww2 games i mean youve got MEDAL OF HONOR..BROTHERS AT ARMS.. CALL OF DUTY 1 - 3 ... so many to name. i love the modern guns so much more powerful and satisfying to use.

slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 slvrraven9
Member since 2004 • 9278 Posts
[QUOTE="volume_three"]

[QUOTE="jamejame"]

Couldn't have put it better

exactly. this
wikkiwild1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 wikkiwild1
Member since 2005 • 188 Posts

I think that Call of Duty 4:MW is better then Cod:WaW by a long shot. There are no glitches or bugs in CoD4 MW like in CoD WaW. Treyarch fell far short with CoD WaW compared to CoD 4 MW. It is like they quickly put together the game and released it. If they ever (I don't think they will ever) fix the glitches in CoD WaW it could be a great game. Too many exploit the glitches, just to get kills. Don't forget if you get caught or reported for glitching you will be banned from XBL.

Mighty_turnip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Mighty_turnip
Member since 2009 • 105 Posts
call of duty 4
Gran_Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Gran_Bruce
Member since 2008 • 174 Posts
COD4 is better than WAW because of its simplistic gameplay that stays true to the COD series. WAW IS COD4 with a WWII setting and uselessly detailed and unnecessarily large maps.
Dredg11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Dredg11
Member since 2008 • 1266 Posts

It never ceases to amaze me how people will keep asking this question. BritishDude, there HAS been at least 50 threads asking this very same question.

Search function would help in the future.

redboxa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22 redboxa
Member since 2006 • 374 Posts

I would say that Cod: 4 MW is one of the best games I've ever played Online. WaW is okay but personally I'd rather get Modern Warfare. It's just better.

SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts

WaW is a better game by a sliver. But if you like to use modern weapons more than ww2, then cod4 might be more fun sometimes.

I love playing them both. The hardest decision I make in a day of video gaming is deciding on which of them to play.

wendt360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#24 wendt360
Member since 2009 • 324 Posts

definitely call of duty 4

there are way to many ww2 games

plus i liked the weapons in cod4

Avatar image for Bargavinskovich
Bargavinskovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Bargavinskovich
Member since 2009 • 44 Posts

i think the DUty 4 is better on almost all fronts except spawning (usually in Team Deathmatch). It is far too easy to get stuck spawning in one spot and being unable to move because 1 teammate is just sitting in a room. This doesnt happen nearly as often in WaW, which i think is its only highlight over COD4.

Vashn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Vashn
Member since 2008 • 1416 Posts

Cod4 cuz call of duty 5 isn't out yet

SexyPorkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SexyPorkins
Member since 2007 • 1222 Posts

[QUOTE="jamejame"]

ScaryGaryJr

Definitely correct about the campaign and extras. I've played bopth extensively online and beat both campaigns and both campaigns are very good, i think WAW has a better campaign. As far as online is concerned, most people don't like WAW as much online because it is much harder than MW. In general, the guns are not as effective at killing people and can be very frustrating. WAW has a little bit of added little things to online multiplayer but nothing to get hyped about. If you wanted to play better campaign/play with friends- should have gotten WAW

What they said...
ghost2046

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ghost2046
Member since 2009 • 351 Posts
i like the multi on world at war better. u can get dogs
zombiejonny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 zombiejonny
Member since 2003 • 8277 Posts

there both amazing games but cod4 is better by far in every way.

snakeg887

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 snakeg887
Member since 2005 • 310 Posts

I've never evenheard of Call of Duty 5:WAW but Call of Duty World at War is perhaps the greatest war game ever made. COD4 is not as good.

V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts
I have never played WaW but I have played COD3 made by Treyarch, that was enough to make me not want to buy COD5 WaW.
EVILTWINS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 EVILTWINS
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

cod 4 u know it !!!!!!!!!!!!:D

CodingGenius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#33 CodingGenius
Member since 2004 • 8118 Posts
Please use the stickied Recommendation thread. Thanks!