Help setting up 360 with HD tv using component cable

This topic is locked from further discussion.

craggylotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 craggylotus
Member since 2004 • 1072 Posts

Ok, I've just got an HD tv, which I'm now trying to set up my xbox with the component cable that the console came with. Taking off the scart adapter I had for my old tv, and plugging the those cables in the correct slots on the tv shows up picture and sound fine. I've had problems when changing the switch on the cable from TV to HDTV, but seem to have gotten 1080i on now. When I try to put it to 1080p, it just gives me a black screen. Might I be right in thinking I need to buy an HDMI cable to display 1080p from my console? The TV definitely supports either, but maybe doesn't pick it up when using the component?

Grymreign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Grymreign
Member since 2006 • 119 Posts

Better double check to make sure that your tv is really 1080p compatible...because if it shows a picture for everything but that...usually means it doesn't display it. Difference between 720 to 1080 isn't so mind blowing that it is necessary anyways....so I would just stick with 720, but that is just me.

craggylotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 craggylotus
Member since 2004 • 1072 Posts
Definitely 1080 compatible. Playing in 1080i right now. It's just trying to set to 1080p that it doesn't like, which I think may only be supported from HDMI. Is there really any difference between i and p? The first answer I got from google seemed to imply that 1080p was what LCD TVs are designed for, but right now, I'm pretty sure it's miles ahead of my old CRT telly, so if it won't do no harm, I'll stick with it.