Help out a nooby

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BlGSLlCK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BlGSLlCK
Member since 2005 • 31 Posts

Ok i curently have a ps2..and i really need to get into new gen..my birthdays coming up and i told my parents i want a 360.

My question is..im most likely getting the core system..what all would i need to get it going onlne..i have cable internet..

Carbon_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Carbon_
Member since 2006 • 1491 Posts
There is no reason to get the 360 unless you have a harddrive.
cutlersbroncos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 cutlersbroncos
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
just buy a hard drive u really need one then u will be ok they are 100$ unless u buy the new elite hard drive which are 180% but have 40gb more
UltimateRAGEX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 UltimateRAGEX
Member since 2007 • 1373 Posts
Please don't make the mistake of my friend who bought the Core System, what you want is the Premium. You will save so much and you won't be forced to have wired controllers.
jacksheets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jacksheets
Member since 2005 • 1747 Posts
Buying a core system is like buying a car without wheels.
Knubbz360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Knubbz360
Member since 2007 • 470 Posts
Yes, listen to what we have to say. The core system is missing one of the most important components, the hard drive. I can guarantee that if you buy the core system you WILL buy the hard drive, which will cost you close to another $100 anyway so there's no point in not buying the premium. Besides, you could probably get a really good deal on a premium system anyway. Take mine for example, I got my premium system brand new(yes, brand new)with a used, limited edition Gears Of War for $260 bucks.
virtua91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 virtua91
Member since 2006 • 72 Posts
get a premium, the core you have no way to save your progress, achievements, etc. until you get a hard drive.
jacksheets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jacksheets
Member since 2005 • 1747 Posts

get a premium, the core you have no way to save your progress, achievements, etc. until you get a hard drive.virtua91

Not true dude.

pageiszepplin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 pageiszepplin
Member since 2006 • 712 Posts

It depends, the premium is the best because it comes with hd-ready component cable, an ethernet cable*, a headset, a harddrive*, and a month free of xbox live*.

(* denotes what you need to play online)

Now the core comes with a system, a controller, and cables, meaning you would need to buy a harddrive, an ethernet cable, and xbox live, which would end up costing more to get online with the core.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f89ab8e63049
deactivated-5f89ab8e63049

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5f89ab8e63049
Member since 2007 • 3182 Posts

The core system is bad. I got it for Christmas, and had to cough up the money for the hard drive myself... Without the Hard Drive you won't be able to download demos etc., nor play anyoriginal Xbox games, so it's worth getting one.If you wanna save some money for the big games coming out this year, you should strongly suggest the premium version is the way to go to your parents.

To connect to the internet you'll need an ethernet cable (or you'll have to buy the 360 wireless bridge thing for wireless connection) and a modem/router. An ethernet cable comes with the 360.

grafkhun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#11 grafkhun
Member since 2006 • 12827 Posts

Buying a core system is like buying a car without wheels.jacksheets

perfectly stated. get the premium package or elite if you must.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5f89ab8e63049

It depends, the premium is the best because it comes with hd-ready component cable, an ethernet cable*, a headset, a harddrive*, and a month free of xbox live*.

(* denotes what you need to play online)

Now the core comes with a system, a controller, and cables, meaning you would need to buy a harddrive, an ethernet cable, and xbox live, which would end up costing more to get online with the core.

pageiszepplin

You get an ethernet cable and a month of Xbox Live Gold Membership with the core system.

pageiszepplin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 pageiszepplin
Member since 2006 • 712 Posts
oh did not know, they came with the core, but either way he sed he wanted to get online and for that he would need a harddrive, which buying that with the core would cost as much as a premium, and the premium gives you better stuff
noobkiller205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 noobkiller205
Member since 2007 • 236 Posts
Well you would need a harddrive to start out with cause the core doesnt come with one and probaly a headset if like talking but other than that nothing.
Avatar image for EnigmaticBeauty
EnigmaticBeauty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 EnigmaticBeauty
Member since 2007 • 1297 Posts

The core is a bad bad buy and is more expensive in the long run. You need a harddrive, especially if you're going online with it...as a stand alone offline console, your choices in games are very limited...yes, they all have offline campaigns but they're shortlived... for maximum value in money...you need it to go online and to go online, you need a harddrive...to get a harddrive, you need a premium.

I'm surprised Microsoft are offering the Core System still.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5f89ab8e63049

oh did not know, they came with the core, but either way he sed he wanted to get online and for that he would need a harddrive, which buying that with the core would cost as much as a premium, and the premium gives you better stuffpageiszepplin

Yup. Get the Premium!!!

BlGSLlCK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BlGSLlCK
Member since 2005 • 31 Posts
alright thanks guys..im not too sure i can get the premium..but ill ask for money..then ill save up for the rest i guess
terdoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#18 terdoo
Member since 2006 • 5306 Posts
If you dont get the pro or elite system its not even worth geting one really.