headset and HDMI question.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

topher78714

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#1 topher78714
Member since 2006 • 672 Posts

Hey I'm thinking about picking up a gaming headset (such as turtle beach), but from what I've seen there is no way to use one of these properly and still connect the xbox to the TV with an hdmi cable. Am I wrong, and is there a way to do this. Also if so, what headsets do you recommend?

iTzFiNaL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 iTzFiNaL
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

I use a Turtle Beach X12 headset, and for the money it is a really great headset. In Gears 3 I can hear every footstep and the sound quality is amazing. It is very comfortable to wear and works on both 360 and PC.

It will work with a HDMI cable as seen here

http://www.turtlebeach.com/support/index.php?View=entry&EntryID=609220155

ACx7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 ACx7
Member since 2007 • 6222 Posts

A few options.

-Some can use an optical cable for audio. You'll need the Slim 360 or a seperate adapter for that. (Adapter is around 5$ on amazon)

-If your TV has Audio Out ports, and the Headset has standard red/white connectors, connect them through that and it will work.

-If the headset has the standard red/white connectors and your TV has a headphone jack you can buy the red/white to 3.5mm adapter.

-If your TV has neither, you can buy an adapter that lets you connect the white/red to the Xbox it's self. Just like if you were using standard component cables instead of HDMI. For this you need to make sure it's the right size or you can;t fit it in the Xbox while you have an HDMi cable. The newer Tritton headsets come with these adapters but again, they are around 5$ on Amazon. Slightly more if you can find them in store.

These are the only ways I know of.

Edit: I have the Tritton Detonator right now. It's a solid headset, but not spectacular. It's comfortable and has a few nice control options. I believe the lower end Turtle Beach will provide similar sound quality for less money. If you want a high end one, you can't go wrong with the PX5, XP500, Tritton AXPro, Astro A40, or any other of those 5.1-7.1 high end headsets.

Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts

I've had Tritton's and Astro's and both used optical cables for audio. If you don't have a newer Xbox 360 with a built in optical port, buy this. That's what I use.

Caldyyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Caldyyy
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
i have turtle beach x11's. it's the least expensive form of turtle beach headsets, but i LOVE them. the sound quality is amazing. http://www.xbox360gamesarefree.webs.com/
Grim_Reaper007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Grim_Reaper007
Member since 2003 • 408 Posts

I got the Turtle Beach X12, great headset, but i needed to buy the 360 audio adapter to get sound in the headset since I'm using HDMI.