hdmi causes flickering?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mach-stem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mach-stem
Member since 2005 • 1284 Posts

Hey all,

I was finally able to get out and pick up the hdmi AV kit from BestBuy, and the 360 detected the 1080p right away and my sound worked in 5.1 on my receiver with my digital optical cable. Thanks to those who helped me out previously.

I have another problem now, this one is seemingly something that my TV's manufacturer will have to deal with:

I own and have owned a 40inch 1080p Samsung LCD TV (model #: LNT4061FX/XAC) since November 2007 with 0 issues. I plugged in the 360 with the hdmi yesterday, and everything, including movies, seemed to work fine. We watched some of our recorded programs with our PVR afterwards and still everything looked fine. We left for lunch, came back, and turned on the 360 to play Dead Rising. Again, everything was fine. We ran some errands, came back home, loaded a DVD into the 360, and all of a sudden there is a flicker, mostly disappearing/re-appearing white/grey lines across the screen.

To troubleshoot, I removed ALL the connections, including the hdmi. The only cable plugged in was the power cord, and even with only that, the TV's "menu" had the flicker. I left everything unplugged overnight (with PCs, sometimes this helps) and voilà, the flicker is gone...until that is, I decide to plug things back in. Mind you, it is 7am here and I was in a rush, so I should have left it at the menu screen for about 5mins to determine whether or not the TV would continue flickering.

Once I got to the hdmi, things seemed fine when I turned it on...but within seconds, the flicker returned.

I am out of the house for about 2 days, so I unplugged everything from the back of the TV and left the power bar unplugged. I wrote my wife and asked her to plug things back in (i went back to component with my 360, to see if the issue remains), but my question to any and all of you is: has anyone else on these forums, or someone you know, experienced this kind of issue before? I say "flicker", but it's difficult to explain it without making it seem like a defective TV.

Again, I have been running the x360 for about 2weeks with the component without any issues. I simply wanted to push out 1080p since I had the TV for it, but the hdmi connection seems to have messed things up, including for devices using component (i.e. Wii, PVR)

Thanks for any input guys!

PEACE

Avatar image for seventy5cent832
seventy5cent832

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 seventy5cent832
Member since 2007 • 1057 Posts
did you look at the 360 settings?? my tv flickered like that once when i put it up to 1080p, (my tv is a 32" so its only 720p). im just wondering if u changed the 360 settings to 1080p, sometimes it doesnt do it automatically,
djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts
seems more like a problem with the tv if the component devices are playing up also
mach-stem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mach-stem
Member since 2005 • 1284 Posts

seems more like a problem with the tv if the component devices are playing up alsodjrobst

I figured as much. I am leaning towards the TV as well. The x360 detected the hdmi connection automatically as 1080p: the first thing I verified (seventy5cent832)