Having weird issue with Xbox/TV need suggestions please!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SaibotF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SaibotF8
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

I randomly decided to watch some netflix on my Xbox earlier and when I turned it on and switched from TV over to Component 1, which the cables are hooked up to, it said for the first time ever that there was no singal, which is what all the inputs say because nothing is plugged into them, but this has never happened before with the input that the box is hooked up to. Its acting like there isnt a device hooked up. I tried switching the cables from component 1 to 2, but made no difference. It must be a TV setting issue? I double checked to make sure that the cables were set to HDTV. Anyone have any idea what I can do to fix this?

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

1. As the 360 boots up, hold the right trigger and Y button. Resets the video settings.
2. Try the 360 on a different TV with the same type of connection.
3. Try using the 360 on a different port on the TV if you can.
4. Try with different cables.

SaibotF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SaibotF8

Thanks for the suggestions. Ill see what I can do.

SaibotF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SaibotF8

Well I tried every suggestion except using different cables. I think Im gonna go buy some now and see if they work, if not ill return them. Holding A+Y didnt work, and I tried the tv in my bedroom which is SD but it should of worked regardless.

driftingsilvia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 driftingsilvia
Member since 2005 • 4089 Posts

I'm thinking your cables took a poop

SaibotF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SaibotF8

Well I thought that too, but I just picked up brand new ones from gamestop and they didnt change anything. What else could possibly cause this?

Itz_Raining

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Itz_Raining
Member since 2009 • 66 Posts

Are you using HDMI or Component?

SaibotF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SaibotF8

Component. As I mentioned earlier i've tried two different tvs, two different sets of component cables, and tried using different ports on tv. At this point the only thing I can think to do is call microsoft.

Itz_Raining

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Itz_Raining

Component. As I mentioned earlier i've tried two different tvs, two different sets of component cables, and tried using different ports on tv. At this point the only thing I can think to do is call microsoft.

SaibotF8
Are you using the correct setting on the component? Using the red, green, and blue connections requires the setting to be on HDTV.
SaibotF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SaibotF8

Yea definitely. I've been using my box on the same tv for a year and havent once messed with the cables until it stopped recieving a signal today. Also, I do have it sent on HDTV and not SD.

Itz_Raining

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Itz_Raining

Give tech support a call. If it's still under warranty then you don't need to worry. The gpu may have took a dump.

SaibotF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SaibotF8

Thanks. I've never heard of this problem. It will be about the third different form of my xbox taking a dump I've had to deal with. RROD, broken disc try, now this.

Itz_Raining

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Itz_Raining
I've been through 3 xbox's myself. I finally got fed up with the white chunky model and sold it on ebay to buy the new slim model. I have had no issues what so ever with the new slim model. Perhaps upgrading to it, like it did, will help your chances of having a functional console for more than a year.
SaibotF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SaibotF8

Yea, problem is its not under warrenty. Its my girlfriends, who I moved in with. She bought it off her brother, who didnt want it anymore, and I ended up selling mine for next to nothing because it wasnt being used. Probably shoulda sold this console and kept mine.

Itz_Raining

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Itz_Raining

Yea, problem is its not under warrenty. Its my girlfriends, who I moved in with. She bought it off her brother, who didnt want it anymore, and I ended up selling mine for next to nothing because it wasnt being used. Probably shoulda sold this console and kept mine.

SaibotF8
Woulda, coulda, shoulda is the story of my life lol. That sucks it isn't under warranty anymore. You can get from anywhere of $20 to $50 for a broken xbox 360 on ebay. If you can spare $200, I highly recommend the new slim model.
SaibotF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SaibotF8

Yea, guess its time to upgrade from the same console to another version of it. Or just get a ps3 since most movies are starting to only come out on blu ray.