Have you actually played Hour of Victory?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts

As with any game that scores poorly, it's getting flak here on the boards. My question is: Whether you're criticizing the game or not, have you actuallly played it? I don't care what you answer in your post, but don't lie to the poll, k? :)

I haven't played yet, but I'm highly curious to play the game and I'd like to at least rent it... I've been trying to find a used copy lying around at Gamestop as well....

Clan_Crushbone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Clan_Crushbone
Member since 2007 • 1501 Posts
Played the demo, thought it was poor excuse for a game. And from reviews, the full version wasnt any better.
Fhiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#3 Fhiz
Member since 2004 • 7718 Posts

play the demo

see how bad it is for yourself

nygiants1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#4 nygiants1080
Member since 2004 • 9413 Posts

Demo.

'Nuff Said.

ihateyou_right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 ihateyou_right
Member since 2005 • 1295 Posts

Yeh the demo was enough of a bad represenattionof the game even if the retail version had of improved it would have been able to have improved enough to make it anything more than an abosolute terrible game, so whilst I havent played the acctual game I ahve played the demo and I feel that that alone was enough.

Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Staryoshi87

Sigh, the demo does not count. Demos do not represent the entire game, they represent a small chunk of it. You're opinions have been rendered null and void.

On a side note, a game that's technically flawed can still be fun. (See: Tenchu Z)

callofdutyzzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 callofdutyzzz
Member since 2006 • 1829 Posts
I rented it and the single player was horrible, but the multiplayer was suprisingly fun. I would buy it for 30-20$ for sure.
club-sandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 club-sandwich
Member since 2007 • 8399 Posts
the demo was enough torture for me, so I didn't played the whole game.
callofdutyzzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 callofdutyzzz
lol if you want to play a really bad game, get Vampire Rain, played it on my Japanese account(imported it) and it is horrible. I cannot play the American version because if I do, I will have to post a vid of me eating my own crap. lol but bomberman act zero was bad, bullet witch was alright. I would recommend you try out Hour of Victory though, just dont base the game on its Singleplayer, its kinda like Call Of Duty 3 by Single player was not so great, but the Multiplayer is suprisingly fun. So either do your used gamer switcheroo or rent it.
ag1002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 ag1002
Member since 2004 • 13499 Posts
I read the review, watched a few videos for it... it looked like garbage so I don't want it.
Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Staryoshi87
Callofduty, I dun wanna torture myself with Vampire Rain... I just love WW2 :) And I liked CoD3's singleplayer... ;)
callofdutyzzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 callofdutyzzz
Well then definitely try it out.
ihateyou_right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ihateyou_right
I do understand what you are trying to say, you are saying that people keep on slating HOV but havent acctally played it and so cannot properly pass judgement on it. I do undertsand that and that a demo cannot properly reperesent a game even though that it was it is designed to do. Take me for example a friend lent me TMNT today and yes I played through it and yes it was really fun and I really did enjoy it and I really didn't think that I would I had read the review and already put down my verdict that it was a crap game. So I guess all you are trying to say is don't knock it till you tried it.
Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Staryoshi87
ihateyou, you pretty much hit the nail on the head ;) it's quite annoying to see the bandwagon jumpers attack it when they've played the demo at most... I also want to find out how many people have played it here.... because I like being a member of miniscule gaming subsects :)
ihateyou_right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ihateyou_right
Just to warn you though if you do decide to pick it up I have a friend who has played it and yes he says it really is as bad as demo's say it is but heck if you wanna try it give it a rent.
Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Staryoshi87

Just to warn you though if you do decide to pick it up I have a friend who has played it and yes he says it really is as bad as demo's say it is but heck if you wanna try it give it a rent. ihateyou_right

If I can find it at blockbuster or used at gamestop I'll pick it up and "rent" it either way... I can never have too many WW2 games.

club-sandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 club-sandwich
Member since 2007 • 8399 Posts

As with any game that scores poorly, it's getting flak here on the boards. My question is: Whether you're criticizing the game or not, have you actuallly played it? I don't care what you answer in your post, but don't lie to the poll, k? :)

I haven't played yet, but I'm highly curious to play the game and I'd like to at least rent it... I've been trying to find a used copy lying around at Gamestop as well....

Staryoshi87
looks like you added Mr. Norris to your sig :|
Avatar image for baseball07playr
baseball07playr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 baseball07playr
Member since 2004 • 258 Posts
no
PacBoy23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 PacBoy23
Member since 2004 • 9505 Posts
played the demo it was horrible
Avatar image for SMASHED_ASPHALT
SMASHED_ASPHALT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SMASHED_ASPHALT
Member since 2007 • 1777 Posts

Played the demo, thought it was poor excuse for a game. And from reviews, the full version wasnt any better.
Clan_Crushbone

Same here. The best part of the demo was selecting your character and thats it. If the demo was that bad just before release, I don't want to play the real thing.

acidic_dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 acidic_dude
Member since 2003 • 1713 Posts
dude dont play it, I played the demo and the impressions I came up with were the exact same ones that came up in the review and it was not fun at all, Ive said before that MOH frontline is alot better game then this and that game came out5 years ago.
mace8704

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 mace8704
Member since 2005 • 739 Posts
Look, Staryoshi87, when a company releases a demo over Xbox Live, the point of that demo is to draw you into purchasing the game. They don't just do it for fun. They released a demo which was god awful and ABSOLUTLEY represented the full game. To all thsoe who play a demo and it's no good, you should think, "Oh, I bet the full retail version of the game will be like this so I won't bother." That's the whole point of a demo.
guitboxdude25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 guitboxdude25
Member since 2006 • 2120 Posts
ive played the demo,,and if it was anything like the game,its was a snoozefest.
Chrome_Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Chrome_Demon
Member since 2006 • 190 Posts

Okay, I know you don't want to listen to people that played the demo... but please hear me out. I played the demo quite thouroughly to scratch out if it was a good game or not, and just by moving around in the demo levels, I can tell you that the single player is not up to par with games like Call of Duty 2 and Gears of War, other shooters for this console... BUT I have not played the multiplayer so I cannot tell you if that is an enriching experience, however, the controls may still bother. The graphics, I found, were not horrible but they again were not up to par with other next gen games. The tank controls fealt extremely unrealistic and I found myself flipping the tank over for fun, via driving it up walls, than actually completing the mission... It's difficult to find out where you need to go sometimes, and everything is presented in a really corny way, sort of like Call of Duty 3's single player storyline.... a lot of animations are glitchy, grenades are a pain to aim correctly and overall the game was insanely unsettling to control...

No, I didn't play the full retail copy, but if you seriously shun this entire THING ^ that I have just written, you are a very silly person.

Avatar image for AlbertWesker316
AlbertWesker316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 AlbertWesker316
Member since 2005 • 413 Posts
Staryoshi was in he HOV forum saying he was gonna buy it and everyone said absolutely not! I guess he still doesnt get it that the game sux.The only person ive seen like the game is the guy with the WWE sigs. But i think he works for the company that made it.
Avatar image for ColoradoKindBud
ColoradoKindBud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ColoradoKindBud
Member since 2005 • 23882 Posts

Staryoshi was in he HOV forum saying he was gonna buy it and everyone said absolutely not! I guess he still doesnt get it that the game sux.The only person ive seen like the game is the guy with the WWE sigs. But i think he works for the company that made it.AlbertWesker316

Just because the game "sux" for everyone else doesn't mean that it will "sux" for everybody. I think that's the whole point of this thread actually. People went on & on about how bad Tenchu Z sucked & I really liked it. .

Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Staryoshi87

Look, Staryoshi87, when a company releases a demo over Xbox Live, the point of that demo is to draw you into purchasing the game. They don't just do it for fun. They released a demo which was god awful and ABSOLUTLEY represented the full game. To all thsoe who play a demo and it's no good, you should think, "Oh, I bet the full retail version of the game will be like this so I won't bother." That's the whole point of a demo.mace8704

I didn't like the Lost Planet demo, loved the game. I don't accept verdicts on games from the demos alone. I actually kinda likes the demo, also.

Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Staryoshi87

Staryoshi was in he HOV forum saying he was gonna buy it and everyone said absolutely not! I guess he still doesnt get it that the game sux.The only person ive seen like the game is the guy with the WWE sigs. But i think he works for the company that made it.AlbertWesker316

A game can be technically flawed but still be fun.

They also said Red Steel, Tenchu, Ninety-Nine Nights, and others sucked... and I enjoyed those games. Remember what score Mario Kart 64 got.

One of my relatives used to work for Midway, btw .... but I never got anything out of it :(

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
Nope, I don't go near WWII games. Had enough of em, and I don't have the energy to play through a mediocre run-of-the-mill trailer park trash budget WWII game. I'll leave this one to the history buffs that love mediocrity.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

lol if you want to play a really bad game, get Vampire Rain, played it on my Japanese account(imported it) and it is horrible. I cannot play the American version because if I do, I will have to post a vid of me eating my own crap. lol but bomberman act zero was bad, bullet witch was alright. I would recommend you try out Hour of Victory though, just dont base the game on its Singleplayer, its kinda like Call Of Duty 3 by Single player was not so great, but the Multiplayer is suprisingly fun. So either do your used gamer switcheroo or rent it.callofdutyzzz

I guess that explains why I've been addicted to Vampire Rain.... :|

Hedfix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Hedfix
Member since 2006 • 424 Posts

Rented it, it's a fun rental but beyond that it's not worth it.

It's like a poor version of Return to Castle Wolfenstein on the original Xbox and very short to boot even when you play it through with each character.

The online community is small and everyone's expecting it to dry up any day now.

Hedfix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Hedfix
Member since 2006 • 424 Posts
Also Vampire Rain's a good rental, very unforgiving but if you can put up with that then it progresses along nicely and is a lot of fun. Just get used to dying once every three minutes. :D
vdubavenged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 vdubavenged
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
when a demo is released like a month beforethe game the game is pretty much finished , so in my eyes thats more than enough to know that "wow , this demo really sucked a$$, the game should be the same" not "oh well.....it must be the only crappy part ofthe game" , now if you love killing nazis like we have all been doing since medal of honor , then go now , hurry and get HoV before there are no more copies left
GreenMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 GreenMan
Member since 2003 • 668 Posts
What is the point of a demo if you can't use it to judge a game? The whole reason demos exist is to show you what the game is like so you can decide if you want to buy the full thing. If a demo is horrible I won't get near the full game since it's *supposed* to be a representation of the final product.