HALO whats the big deal?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MATSIMUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 MATSIMUS
Member since 2007 • 89 Posts
okay i may not have halo 3, but this is the reason. i have played both halo 1 and 2 and i still dont know whats so great about them. sure it was a revolution at the time but now its just the same as other fps. Also the first few missions on bothe games are good but then you are plunged into a repetitive world of dark and dingy tunnels battling hordes of the plague a quite ridiculous enemy that might have taken the designers 4 seconds to think up. What do you think
Avatar image for WookieChestHair
WookieChestHair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 WookieChestHair
Member since 2003 • 1064 Posts
There's a lot of things off about your thoughts on the flood and stuff, but Halo is just awesome. simple as that. all in all its a wonderful scifi world with interesting enemies and environments. Yea, i KNOW the library was repetetive and blah blah blah. some people dont like it just like I have never liked racing games. so why are you surprised you dont like halo?
karriston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 karriston
Member since 2005 • 3631 Posts
Ohh Wookie, you had to post, now it's shot back up to the top of the page. Damn, I'm a hypocrit :(
CPM_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 CPM_basic
Member since 2002 • 4247 Posts
It's not the single player that keeps people coming back it's the Multiplayer. Halo in my mind has never been about the single player. In fact I have only been through each of the halo campaigns once. However I have played easily over hundreds of hours of Halo multiplayer. What makes the game so addicting online is that it is so well balanced compared to every other fps out there. In my own opinion it is the most well balanced fps out there. Every online match is like a chess game; positions, weapons, rushing vs. staying back. The game not a camp-fest like 90% of other online shooters and every online match is completely different and unpredictable. It's the unpredictability that keeps you coming back, which is what sets it apart from games.
GatCloudX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GatCloudX
Member since 2008 • 1459 Posts
halo = boring the feel when playing the games never caught my attention the story is poop so boring alot better games like half life 2 way better
Sharpie125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#6 Sharpie125
Member since 2005 • 3904 Posts

^(CPM) I think that's sort of the problem now. I think back when it was debuted in MacWorld, people were crazy about aliens and yeah... that would be the single player epic that made Halo 1.

Just that it shipped with an excellent split screen mode with a pretty great single player campaign. But since it continually got praise for its multiplayer, the focus shifted away from SP (even though Halo 2/3's campaigns are good in their own way) on its sequels.

Oh yeah, battling hordes of "plague-ridden enemies" is cool. Epic in itself.

Avatar image for LedZeppelin1234
LedZeppelin1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LedZeppelin1234
Member since 2007 • 60 Posts
First of all why would you say that it only took them a couple of minutes. The characters and the story are both detailed to the bone. Also if you don't like the game then why do you keep on buying them. I have all the games and I think that they are incredibly fun, although that is just my opinion. When you finish the solo game then you can just play multiplayer which has very smart and fun game modes along with great maps and weapons to use.
totaldj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 totaldj
Member since 2004 • 3556 Posts
because its haloooooo...
LedZeppelin1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 LedZeppelin1234
halo = boring the feel when playing the games never caught my attention the story is poop so boring alot better games like half life 2 way betterGatCloudX
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't halo's story structure based on the bible
karriston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 karriston
[QUOTE="GatCloudX"]halo = boring the feel when playing the games never caught my attention the story is poop so boring alot better games like half life 2 way betterLedZeppelin1234

No?
MFDOOMED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MFDOOMED
Member since 2006 • 596 Posts

To me there is no big deal just a good Co-op game.

LedZeppelin1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LedZeppelin1234
if it is then aren't you saying that the bible has a bad story
KohlscheeN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 KohlscheeN
Member since 2004 • 218 Posts
I totally agree. Halo is soooo boring now. Same old stuf, nothing new. Im with you there! :D
karriston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 karriston
I still think it is though because the covenant is from the bible. the prophet are from the bible. the flood is in the bible except for the flood is an actual flood, not creatures that resemble zombiesLedZeppelin1234
Just because the guy who wrote the story had a bible fetish doesn't mean the story's based off of it. And what's a few names got to do with story structure anyway?
LedZeppelin1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 LedZeppelin1234
[QUOTE="LedZeppelin1234"][QUOTE="GatCloudX"]halo = boring the feel when playing the games never caught my attention the story is poop so boring alot better games like half life 2 way betterkarriston

No?

I still think that it is because the covenant is in the bible. The prophet is in the bible. Even the flood are in the bible, except for that the flood in the bible is a real flood and not creatures that resemble zombies
Smoky_Hill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Smoky_Hill
Member since 2006 • 88 Posts
its fun simple:D
LedZeppelin1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LedZeppelin1234
[QUOTE="LedZeppelin1234"]I still think it is though because the covenant is from the bible. the prophet are from the bible. the flood is in the bible except for the flood is an actual flood, not creatures that resemble zombieskarriston
Just because the guy who wrote the story had a bible fetish doesn't mean the story's based off of it. And what's a few names got to do with story structure anyway?

Maybe you are right, although those names i gave you are very important in both the bible and Halo
mmallory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 mmallory
Member since 2003 • 149 Posts
The big deal is that they are amazing games. Halo Combat Evolved was the best of the three. Halo 2 and 3 were both very solid games. They basically stuck with the same formula, and for good reason. Name a shooter franchise better than Halo. Maybe Half-Life, but since consoles are more accessible to the general public, Halo is the best shooter franchise there is.
Smoke89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 Smoke89
Member since 2003 • 3575 Posts
Halo was awesome... halo 2 and 3 not so much... but thats just me.
LedZeppelin1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LedZeppelin1234
The big deal is that they are amazing games. Halo Combat Evolved was the best of the three. Halo 2 and 3 were both very solid games. They basically stuck with the same formula, and for good reason. Name a shooter franchise better than Halo. Maybe Half-Life, but since consoles are more accessible to the general public, Halo is the best shooter franchise there is.
mmallory
That is so true, I have the orange box and i like every single game in it, but a lot of FPS these past years are more about puzzle solving than actually shooting
Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f70a961d94
deactivated-5d3f70a961d94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22 deactivated-5d3f70a961d94
Member since 2006 • 1127 Posts
Simple, accessible, addictive multiplayer and awesome cinematics
sentay0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#23 sentay0
Member since 2006 • 803 Posts
To truly appreciate Halo you need to have someone else there in person to play it with you it gets much better.
halowpb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 halowpb
Member since 2007 • 259 Posts

mmallory

the cod franchise

Vidoegamefreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Vidoegamefreak
Member since 2006 • 43 Posts
I personally love halo, and the main reason i play it is for excellent multiplayer. Ppl r always complaining about its single player and hate it for that, but personally I think if they looked past that and used other games like half life for story, more ppl would like halo.
cheames748

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 cheames748
Member since 2007 • 667 Posts

[QUOTE="mmallory"]The big deal is that they are amazing games. Halo Combat Evolved was the best of the three. Halo 2 and 3 were both very solid games. They basically stuck with the same formula, and for good reason. Name a shooter franchise better than Halo. Maybe Half-Life, but since consoles are more accessible to the general public, Halo is the best shooter franchise there is.
halowpb

the cod franchise

nope. CoD is soiled by treyarch. And Halo is a much better shooter than HL. If HL wasn't first person it would be called "action adventure". Damn puzzles...

polarwrath11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 polarwrath11
Member since 2006 • 1676 Posts
For me the single player was a joke, having played games like Oblivion. However there is a MASSIVE deal with the online play which is amazing. My only concern is that when i only play team slayer it feels I play the same five maps over and over...
Zach68486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#28 Zach68486
Member since 2008 • 884 Posts
Halo isn't the best game ever, in my opinion. Not by far. But it is still a fun and high quality gaming experience, and the series has consistently delivered good gameplay and such. Thats why I like Halo. Its not my favorite game, but its a good game that I like to play nonetheless.
froggut198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29 froggut198
Member since 2005 • 1369 Posts
[QUOTE="halowpb"]

[QUOTE="mmallory"]The big deal is that they are amazing games. Halo Combat Evolved was the best of the three. Halo 2 and 3 were both very solid games. They basically stuck with the same formula, and for good reason. Name a shooter franchise better than Halo. Maybe Half-Life, but since consoles are more accessible to the general public, Halo is the best shooter franchise there is.
cheames748

the cod franchise

nope. CoD is soiled by treyarch. And Halo is a much better shooter than HL. If HL wasn't first person it would be called "action adventure". Damn puzzles...

Ew, I disagree soo much. Half-Life 2 completely owns Halo in every aspect. The weapons, well they are actually about tied for Halo's in boringness except the Gravity Gun is amazing. The gameplay is better though, I like the health system, since your not imortal you actually have to find health, it reminds me of the old days before every game decided to copy Halo. The puzzles and physics are just simply amazing, the lighting affect, everything about Half-Life 2 is amazing (except for the fact that my disc is busted and freezes on the last 20 minutes of the game so I can't finish it.

Halo isn't a bad game, I used to play it all the time. But the only really good thing it had was a good campaign for co-op. Now it just has splitscreen online. The campaign isn't very fun anymore and the only reason to play it is because of splitscreen online. I actually found Gears to be much more fun for both splitscreen online and co-op, especially co-op.

HellRazer360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 HellRazer360
Member since 2006 • 2693 Posts
okay i may not have halo 3, but this is the reason. i have played both halo 1 and 2 and i still dont know whats so great about them. sure it was a revolution at the time but now its just the same as other fps. Also the first few missions on bothe games are good but then you are plunged into a repetitive world of dark and dingy tunnels battling hordes of the plague a quite ridiculous enemy that might have taken the designers 4 seconds to think up. What do you thinkMATSIMUS
i personally think the storyline sucks...i just like it for the multiplayer mayhem...reminds me of unreal tournament
edwise18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 edwise18
Member since 2008 • 1533 Posts
I don't see what the big deal is with halo. I mean don't get me wrong it's a decent game. but people just regard it as the best thing the world has ever seen. I think Half life is much better just my two cents.
El-Visitante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 El-Visitante
Member since 2007 • 1137 Posts
simply put, it's fun. I never played a halo game before 3, and bought it on a whim, campaign was okay, but the multiplayer is just fun as hell.
lokiisback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#33 lokiisback
Member since 2004 • 575 Posts

I totally agree. Halo is soooo boring now. Same old stuf, nothing new. Im with you there! :DKohlscheeN

I find Halo to be boring NOW, but that's because I had it for a year before XBL... I have beaten the Halo Campaign literally hundreds of times, so it does get a little bit old... But to go back and play ANY old game, you wonder what it is that makes it so great... Halo is a classic, just like Zelda or Mario or Sonic... But to go back and play any of those series's originals, you would wonder why people think it's so great... That said, every once in a while, I find myself going back to playing Halo's campaign, just for good times sake... But the real thing that made Halo what it is today, is the multiplayer... I can remember SOOO many Halo Lan Parties I attended (And dominated, lol...). If you werent playing videogames seriously when Halo first came out, that may be why you don't like it all that much... To say Halo 2 or 3 is nothing special, I'd agree, but the original is a classic... Although, Halo 3 really is wicked fun, so I guess it is something special.........

Avatar image for KittensWithBeer
KittensWithBeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 KittensWithBeer
Member since 2007 • 782 Posts

If you didn't like halo 1 or 2, you'll definately hate halo 3, it's even worse than the others.

lokiisback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 lokiisback

If you didn't like halo 1 or 2, you'll definately hate halo 3, it's even worse than the others.

KittensWithBeer

It isn't worse than Halo 2, not by all means... It is worse than Halo: CE though, that I can say without hesitation.........

callen3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 callen3
Member since 2005 • 1289 Posts
I couldn't even finish Halo CE because it was so repetitve.
lokiisback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 lokiisback
I couldn't even finish Halo CE because it was so repetitve. callen3

I'll give you that, Halo: CE was a little bit repeative at times, especially when you go to the same level, but headed in the other direction... Lol... But it wasn't really noticable, and certainly wasn't enough to get you to quit... You must just have a short attention span or something.........
Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts
I personally just play Halo's multiplayer. It's really fun to play online with friends and others.
KGB32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 KGB32
Member since 2007 • 4279 Posts
idk if anyone else thiinks this, but imo Halo 1 is the best
SLXD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#40 SLXD
Member since 2006 • 714 Posts
I think they created a great world and a great game. I think it was a great game. They basically took what made FPS games appealing and improved on everything, topped with an amazing story (which may often be rare in FPS games) and the ability to keep you going. Also they came around with the co-op capabilities which I really enjoyed and were integrated smoothly. And from the first game, they introduced a great multiplayer component. I've had Halo 2 since launch and I still play online sometimes, and I'm sure Halo3 will last me for just as long (well CoD4 is bitting a big chunk of Halo time out right now)
lokiisback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 lokiisback

idk if anyone else thiinks this, but imo Halo 1 is the best KGB32

No one else thinks that, LOL!... You don't know if your the only one or not?.........

mohfrontline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#42 mohfrontline
Member since 2007 • 5678 Posts
halo 1 single player was great. halo 2 wasn't that good. halo 3 multiplayer is alright. my opinion on the halo series
DustBinFairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#44 DustBinFairy
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Yeah I don't really get why everyone is so amazed by it. I am getting Halo BUT it's not that great I don't think. For me I'd rather play Gears and GTA than Halo. Played it on the old xbox its not that amazing like everyone makes out it is. I guess it's like marmite you either love it or you hate it. :P
FFVIIROCKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#45 FFVIIROCKS
Member since 2007 • 1176 Posts
fun as heck co op on all games but playing it alone and MP online is just plain dumb
Not_The_Sun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#46 Not_The_Sun
Member since 2008 • 57 Posts

Halo=mediocre

Halo is very simple and repetitive. Very easy even on the higher difficulty levels. To many little kids.

Murj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#48 Murj
Member since 2008 • 4557 Posts

Games like Halo made me hate FPS games. I never liked FPS's until I tried Modern Warfare. I 've played Halo offline, and Halo 3 online. And I hated both.

Not_The_Sun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49 Not_The_Sun
Member since 2008 • 57 Posts

Games like Halo made me hate FPS games. I never liked FPS's until I tried Modern Warfare. I 've played Halo offline, and Halo 3 online. And I hated both.

Murj
I agree, and arri or whoever you are, I think Halo SUCKS
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#50 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
Halo's an excelent and well put together game. It has a fantastic multiplayer and and pretty good single player. If theres nothing about it you like odds are either you don't like shooters at all or you didn't want to like it to begin with.