halo reach legedary difficulty?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

killev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 killev
Member since 2010 • 657 Posts

i am thinking of starting with legendary difficulty. is it really stuff? any tips to survive? plez reply fast

bigredrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 bigredrew
Member since 2004 • 104 Posts

Check out this post on Achievement Hunter: http://achievementhunter.com/games/comments.php?id=57749

This post has been really helpful to me and has a lot of information that can assist you.

MobilechicaneX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MobilechicaneX
Member since 2009 • 2863 Posts

i am thinking of starting with legendary difficulty. is it really stuff? any tips to survive? plez reply fast

killev

When playing top-notch elites the Dmr(Or Pistol)/Plasma pistol combo is deadly.

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

1. Take out enemies from a distance whenever possible.
2. Never hold down the trigger when firing the AR. Use short controlled bursts to maintain accuracy.
3. DMR is your best friend. BEST FRIEND.
4. When going up against elites, always use the plasma pistol/DMR headshot combo for a quick kill.
5. Drop shield is the best armor ability. Whenever possible, take it.
6. Take it slow.
7. Although they're stupid, the friendly AI is a great way to get the heat off of you, especially Noble team since they're invincible.
8. Headshots. Headshots. Headshots.
9. If you run out of ammo, backtrack. Going into a firefight with little ammo is a very, VERY bad idea.
10. Sometimes, when you've gone a long way, it's good to just wander around the area until a checkpoint pops up.

Jdon2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Jdon2008
Member since 2008 • 465 Posts

I just beat it last night it's really not that difficult. Take the levels slow, and against elites use DMR/Plasma pistol(then headshots). There are a couple of tough levels where you might have to try a part a couple times. Having noble team with you can make levels a bit easier. Good luck.

bessy67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bessy67
Member since 2007 • 1734 Posts

And the number 1 tip:

Never let your teammates drive! A blind toddler could drive better...

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#7 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
Any mission with vehicles, always keep a plasma pistol with you. Better yet, the best combo is the plasma pistol and the DMR.
red-ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 red-ray
Member since 2008 • 882 Posts
Not that hard, just to know how to kill elites (others said it) and nothing to worry.
androflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 androflash
Member since 2005 • 1034 Posts

If you have the drop shield (that's the one that regenerates your life, right?) take the shotgun, no elites could beat me in CQC. I managed to take down several at the same time besides, you save ammo.

Remember that sometimes it is possible to avoid combat.

When in a tight situation just hide and wait for the checkpoint. I don't know how that thing works, but many times I was just hiding trying to figure out what to do and the game would mark checkpoint, always useful.

Do NOT rely on your teammates for cover, if you think that because one member of the noble team is behind you there's no need to occasionally look back, think again.

Try to sneak to kill elites, saves a lot of ammo.

Don't underestimate the grunts, they always have plasma grenades and 11/10 aim... and they tend to have suicidal thoughts, too...

Aim for the head.

Avoid taking rocket launchers and the like, even though they are powerful weapons they run out of ammo too quickly.

Avatar image for dudebot12345678
dudebot12345678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 dudebot12345678
Member since 2010 • 840 Posts

Please visit the official halo:reach board or sticky for creating future threads to avoid moderation(s).

Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts
Legendary is pretty difficult I think. Like another has said, the plasma pistol/BMR combo could not be recommended more.
edwise18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 edwise18
Member since 2008 • 1533 Posts

Legendary is pretty difficult I think. Like another has said, the plasma pistol/BMR combo could not be recommended more.Ghost_702
Like others have said the plasma pistol/ Dmr combo is the best. Reach on legendary wasn't too bad. I thought Halo 3 on legendary was harder.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts
I dunno why people keep recommending the DMR as the best weapon, I finished Legendary alone, and IMO the BEST weapon is the Needler Rifle, kills Elites in just 3-4 hits, Brutes in 2-3, Jackal's in 1 or 2, and Grunts just 1 hit. When ever I could I went Needler Rifle, with either Shotgun or Pistol as back-up, and if I couldn't get a Needler Rifle then, and only then, would I use the DMR.
N7v1K0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 N7v1K0
Member since 2009 • 5755 Posts

1. Take out enemies from a distance whenever possible.
2. Never hold down the trigger when firing the AR. Use short controlled bursts to maintain accuracy.
3. DMR is your best friend. BEST FRIEND.
4. When going up against elites, always use the plasma pistol/DMR headshot combo for a quick kill.
5. Drop shield is the best armor ability. Whenever possible, take it.
6. Take it slow.
7. Although they're stupid, the friendly AI is a great way to get the heat off of you, especially Noble team since they're invincible.
8. Headshots. Headshots. Headshots.
9. If you run out of ammo, backtrack. Going into a firefight with little ammo is a very, VERY bad idea.
10. Sometimes, when you've gone a long way, it's good to just wander around the area until a checkpoint pops up.

Legendaryscmt

Words of wisdom :)

I'd like to add that the Needler Rifle is amazing against unshielded opponents (pretty much everything but elites), and that the shotgun or energy sword are good sidearms on CQC missions, such as [spoiler] when you're on board the Corvette [/spoiler]