Halo MCC bought last week.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Transk53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Transk53
Member since 2015 • 564 Posts

Likeing the MCC pack, although playing through H:CE, things seem to get a little confusing. I have got to mission 5, but have to admit I did have to pull up Youtube. The issue is visual cues, and me probably a little crap, or lack of. Would help if there was a mini map, or if there is I am not aware. Can't believe that I spurned the game back in the day, it is so much fun. Don't like the zoom function but other than that, a real good purchase for me. Well, not sure if it would be for a seasoned Halo player, but for the casual gamer like me well worth it.

Just hope that 343's next iteration is not a breaker, but from what I have heard so far, may well a pile of shite. Would have been good if 343 could have done Reach and the others as DLC. One thing I would be curious to hear from other members, do you feel that from the load screen, it seems to take a long time to load up the game options. Almost feels like when I had KOTOR 2 back on the PC years ago. Almost like hit load and pray the bloody thing works.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

MCC is one heck of a compilation with endless content. Whether the MP is fixed is unknown as I have too much to play with the campaigns and eventually I'll get to the MP although I have played the MP when 3 & 4 were released. Unfortunately I never played 1 or 2 back in the day as I was saddled with a GCN. Hopefully I have all of the campaigns, spartan ops, etc.., complete before 5 is released this fall.

Xanatos357

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#3 Xanatos357
Member since 2015 • 787 Posts

MCC is great and way better than it was at launch. The campaigns have always been solid and that was all I played until they fixed the multiplayer. I would say the loading is not that bad compared to the older versions. I remember halo 2 last gen took forever to load. Now, if 343i released an infection playlist I would be happy, I could do without these team sniper or team double playlists, just give me my infection.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#4 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

@xanatos357: Yeah I've playing MCC regularly online and it runs great now overall. If you like the non-traditional playtypes such as infection, not sure if you heard about the new Action sack playlist they just added.....wacky stuff lol....and at least 45 maps in the rotation....here is a quote from the GS article:

Halo 2 Classic:

•Gold Rush -- A Territories variant with Magnum/Shotgun starts.

•Blast Resort -- Assault variant with SMG/BR starts and only one life per round.

•Team Troy -- Team Slayer variant with Brute Shot starts.

•Team Shotty Swords -- Team Slayer variant with Shotgun/Energy Sword starts.

•Team Shotty Snipes -- Team Slayer variant with Shotgun/Sniper starts.

Halo 2: Anniversary:

•Gungoose CTF -- Capture the Flag variant with every player on a Gungoose.

•King from the Hill -- King of the Hill variant with SMG/Plasma Rifle/Magnum starts. Extra points for kills in the hill.

•Quickochet -- Ricochet variant with SMG/Plasma Rifle/Magnum starts. Quick detonation timer on ball while being carried.

Halo 3:

•Dodgeball -- Plasma Pistol starts, a game mode where two teams square off, both with high shields and regenerating sticky grenades, and must stick the other team and kill the enemy players to win.

•Team Sumo -- Gravity Hammer starts, team members must knock enemy players out of the ring to win, every player is given one life per round.

•Shwat Guns -- Shotgun starts, players don't have shields.

•Team Swords -- Team Slayer variant with Energy Sword starts.

•Team Hammers -- Team Slayer variant with Gravity Hammer starts.

•Hammer Hill -- King of the Hill variant with Gravity Hammer starts.

•Team Duals -- Team Slayer variant with SMG/Magnum starts.

•Team Splasers -- Team Slayer variant with Spartan Laser/Magnum starts.

•Team Punchout -- Team Slayer variant with Plasma Pistol starts.

•Red Glare -- Team Slayer variant with Rocket Launcher/Spartan Laser starts.

Halo 4:

•Binary Slayer -- Slayer variant with Binary Rifle/Energy Sword starts.

•Fiesta Classic -- Slayer variant with random starts.

•Lighting Flag -- CTF variant with Light Rifle starts and one-shot kills.

•Clang of the Hill -- King of the Hill variant with Energy Sword starts.

•Medal Madness -- Slayer variant with random, cycling weapons, earn more medals than the other team to win.

•Stickyball -- Oddball variant with Sticky Detonator starts.

•Ninja Assassins -- Slayer variant with Sniper Rifle/Energy Sword starts.

•Husky Raid -- CTF variant with random starts, flag is held in a narrow corridor.

•Paintball -- Slayer variant with Plasma Pistol starts and one-shot kills.

•Shotty Snipers -- Team Slayer variant with Shotgun/Sniper starts.

Xanatos357

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Xanatos357

@Alucard_Prime: Yeah, I've heard of the playlist and it is quite interesting and fun but infection was always one of my favorite game modes, and it's a shame that it hasn't been given a playlist or at least included in the general Halo playlists.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Alucard_Prime

@xanatos357: Considering the wacky nature of the action sack playlist, I'm surprised Infection is not in there

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Alucard_Prime

@xanatos357: check out this article Gamespot just posted, reminded me of this discussion:

The next new game mode for Xbox One's Halo: The Master Chief Collection could be "Infection." In a Halo Waypoint post today, 343 Industries teased that it may soon have news to share regarding the zombie-themed mode coming to last year's Halo collection.

"The playlist team continues to work on future updates, and it's quite likely that we'll be talking more about things like Infection in the coming weeks," the developer said.

Infection was originally introduced in 2007's Halo 3 and was also featured in Halo: Reach. In it, one player starts as an infected and tries to kill every living player, spreading the infection until there is just one player left. Halo 4 featured a version of Infection called Flood.

343 has continually added new playlists to The Master Chief Collection since launch in November 2014. The latest was the beloved Action Sack, which arrived earlier this month. People are loving it.

"Since its release, it's been consistently ranked towards the top, and for a few days this past week, it even saw more players than any other playlist," 343 said. "While featured playlists generally draw in a substantial crowds during their first few days, we wouldn't be surprised to see it continue to do well, and hope that you're enjoying the wacky and often nonsensical chaos it offers."

343 also said that it is also currently working on the next content update for The Master Chief Collection, but didn't share any details regarding what might be included.

"We're continuing to keep a very close eye on your feedback on Waypoint, Twitter, r/Halo, and elsewhere, and prioritizing items within the next update based on said feedback," the developer said. "Look for more details as we get closer to the release."

Xanatos357

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Xanatos357

@Alucard_Prime: My body is ready

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

MCC is amazing right now.

Transk53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Transk53
Member since 2015 • 564 Posts

Anybody have any known glitches or bugs that would prevent the flood section on mission 6 going wrong? Basically the third wave keeps spawning behind me in another corridor, but they get stuck, or just mill around on top of the corridor. I presume I would have to wipe them all out to get the lift working again. The infected humanoids get stuck in between a access corridor door. Anybody had this?