This topic is locked from further discussion.

raynethx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 raynethx
Member since 2008 • 258 Posts

So i went to tescos today, and i saw a xbox magazine claming, that Halo 4 does exsist, and that they have info about it. Dont know what though. Because i didnt buy it because i didnt have ID.

So did anyone else hear about this? Sorry if its old news.

Thnx

klusps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#2 klusps
Member since 2005 • 10386 Posts
There was a news I think a month ago about 3 new project that Bungie was making. As for Halo 4, that couldn't be possible. Proabably a Halo spinoff because Halo 3 was the end of the trilogy. Also about the Legendary ending on Halo 3, sense there is no Halos anymore they can't name their next game Halo.
IvanElk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 IvanElk
Member since 2008 • 3798 Posts
No it isn't Halo 4 it was a trilogy THOUGH a new halo game is coming out and will be announced at PAX (penny arcade expo) so i voted no since IT ISNT HALO 4 working title maybe but not "Halo 4"
gears90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 gears90
Member since 2008 • 626 Posts

I believe the exact words on the back of halo 3 were "The stunning CONCLUSION to the Halo TRILOGY"

There will be no Halo 4 there will just be halo spinoffs

Jessenator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 Jessenator
Member since 2005 • 678 Posts
Halo 4 has been finished for months but Rumsfeld won't let them release it because it gives away several military secrets and the story line is based around MC finding Bin Laden and learning that George Bush and Bin Laden are the same person.
haven79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 haven79
Member since 2007 • 707 Posts

this is a stupid post

raynethx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 raynethx

this is a stupid post

haven79

Well the magazine said they have info on "HALO 4" and i hadnt read it so i wondered what you guys thought.

eagles_band

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 eagles_band
Member since 2008 • 2969 Posts

Halo 4 has been finished for months but Rumsfeld won't let them release it because it gives away several military secrets and the story line is based around MC finding Bin Laden and learning that George Bush and Bin Laden are the same person.Jessenator

There is always some little immature kid who has to spout anti american comments from his mouth

drir495

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 drir495
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Your probably right. A couple months ago gamespot had a story about a new "MC free" Halo game that will have ghost recon like gameplay.
Maboroshi0083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Maboroshi0083
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

this is a stupid post

haven79

:\ cmon now

bionisam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bionisam
Member since 2006 • 310 Posts

Also about the Legendary ending on Halo 3, sense there is no Halos anymore they can't name their next game Halo. klusps

They could make a prequel about the making of the halos :P

klusps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#15 klusps
Member since 2005 • 10386 Posts

[QUOTE="klusps"]Also about the Legendary ending on Halo 3, sense there is no Halos anymore they can't name their next game Halo. bionisam

Yea, but aside from spinoff they can't name any other Halo games Halo anymore if takes place after Halo 3,....unless there is another Halo ring.:o

armyman455

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 armyman455
Member since 2008 • 914 Posts
star wars episode six was the end of a so called trilogy and then he went and made three more films so you might not be entirely right about no halo 4 however i doubt they would use that name even if mchief does make it into another game
Paladin_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 Paladin_King
Member since 2008 • 11832 Posts
God i hope this isn't true. If Halo3 showed us anything, it's that Bungie needs to take a good long rest from making these games.
Avatar image for CrazyGamer02149
CrazyGamer02149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 CrazyGamer02149
Member since 2008 • 216 Posts
There was a news I think a month ago about 3 new project that Bungie was making. As for Halo 4, that couldn't be possible. Proabably a Halo spinoff because Halo 3 was the end of the trilogy. Also about the Legendary ending on Halo 3, sense there is no Halos anymore they can't name their next game Halo. klusps

THANKYOU!!!! finally someone that knows the correct answer..halo was a trilogly and 3 was the last one halo wars is NOT halo4.and yes i kno about the legendary ending in halo3.thers no halo4 BUT there IS a new trilogy.dont know wat its gonna b called(not halo) but it will be about master cheif and cortana
Avatar image for CrazyGamer02149
CrazyGamer02149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 CrazyGamer02149
Member since 2008 • 216 Posts
[QUOTE="bionisam"]

[QUOTE="klusps"]Also about the Legendary ending on Halo 3, sense there is no Halos anymore they can't name their next game Halo. klusps

Yea, but aside from spinoff they can't name any other Halo games Halo anymore if takes place after Halo 3,....unless there is another Halo ring.:o

thats why its a new trilogy.there will be alot of stuff from halo and flashbacks but there cant be a halo4 unless a ring is still out there and if there is then the covedent and humans will destroy it and probably fight off surviving flood.or the covedent could turn on us:idea:
Solidus_Mute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Solidus_Mute
Member since 2008 • 405 Posts
If they are making Halo 4 or whatever it'll be called I don't want to see any multiplayer. Halo: Combat Evolved had a fantastic single-player experience which has been lagging ever since Halo 2 and the heavy focus on multiplayer.
Jdog30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Jdog30
Member since 2008 • 4509 Posts
yes i think it is in the works. because i dont see any reason why they would kill one of if not the most popular games on the xbox 360.
Elder-Scrolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Elder-Scrolls
Member since 2008 • 257 Posts

Halo 4 has been finished for months but Rumsfeld won't let them release it because it gives away several military secrets and the story line is based around MC finding Bin Laden and learning that George Bush and Bin Laden are the same person.Jessenator

lol

raynethx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 raynethx
well i hope its true, because i love Halo
tbolt_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 tbolt_88
Member since 2003 • 1873 Posts
I wouldnt be surprised to see a Halo 4 someday. The legendary ending left the possiblities open to continue the Master Chief saga. Maybe it wouldnt be called Halo 4 but it would have Halo in the title since the name Halo sells. Even then if it continued Master Chiefs story it could be labeled Halo 4 and at the same time not have anything to do with the trilogy.
a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#25 a55a55inx
Member since 2004 • 4188 Posts
Halo3 was the end of one story... however, the end of halo3 also started a new one... so, there will most likely be another Halo that continues...
capthavic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#26 capthavic
Member since 2003 • 6478 Posts

Also about the Legendary ending on Halo 3, sense there is no Halos anymore they can't name their next game Halo. klusps

The halos still exist (well except fot the one in Halo 1 of course) and presumably still active.

And I have no doubt that "Halo 4" will be made, just not anytime in the near future.

raynethx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 raynethx

[QUOTE="klusps"] Also about the Legendary ending on Halo 3, sense there is no Halos anymore they can't name their next game Halo. capthavic

The halos still exist (well except fot the one in Halo 1 of course) and presumably still active.And I have no doubt that "Halo 4" will be made, just not anytime in the near future.

But why would an officialy xbox 360 magazine lie about "HALO 4" information that its being worked on. I doubt they would lie, as bungie or whoever would sue them, for false info.

And for people who dont get what im saying. The magazine clearly states HALO 4 is being worked on. Not another halo game.
So i think it's true. The fight could continue, and i hope so, because i love the halo series.

hrah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 hrah
Member since 2003 • 1375 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnsY5dGPXDI
capthavic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#29 capthavic
Member since 2003 • 6478 Posts
[QUOTE="capthavic"]

[QUOTE="klusps"] Also about the Legendary ending on Halo 3, sense there is no Halos anymore they can't name their next game Halo. raynethx

The halos still exist (well except fot the one in Halo 1 of course) and presumably still active.

And I have no doubt that "Halo 4" will be made, just not anytime in the near future.

But why would an officialy xbox 360 magazine lie about "HALO 4" information that its being worked on. I doubt they would lie, as bungie or whoever would sue them, for false info.

I'm a firm believer in the "prove it or it's not true" formula. Who knows how reliable the source is or if they really only said it was a Halo title. Magazines always try to use eye catching headlines to get people to guy the magazines. It could turn out to be just a rumor.

Even if they are working on "Halo 4", like I said, it won't be coming out anytime soon. At best it would be only in the very early stages of development.

Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts
There will most likely be a fourth Halo game, but it won't be called Halo 4.
raynethx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 raynethx
[QUOTE="raynethx"][QUOTE="capthavic"]

[QUOTE="klusps"] Also about the Legendary ending on Halo 3, sense there is no Halos anymore they can't name their next game Halo. capthavic

Well its the "official" xbox magazine so, and i dont know if it will be out soon or not, NOBODY knows.

I'm a firm believer in "prove it or it's not true" formula. Who knows how reliable the source is or if they actually just said it was a Halo title. Magazines always try to use eye catching headlines to get people to guy the magazines. It could turn out to be just a rumor.

Even if they are working on "Halo 4", like I said, it won't be coming out anytime soon.

raynethx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 raynethx
bump
clembo1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 clembo1990
Member since 2005 • 9976 Posts

[QUOTE="Jessenator"]Halo 4 has been finished for months but Rumsfeld won't let them release it because it gives away several military secrets and the story line is based around MC finding Bin Laden and learning that George Bush and Bin Laden are the same person.eagles_band

There is always some little immature kid who has to spout anti american comments from his mouth

Its not anti-american to hate the american government, i like the US but am sick of the corrupt government there, its quite obvious that al gore should be in there, then all 360s wouldn't break.

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#35 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts

I voted no. maybe there is a new Halo game in production. but it probably wouldn't have anything to do with the trilogy. they might make another prequel or an epilogue to the series.

and yes, I do know that Halo Wars is the prequel to the series.

RichardJ24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 RichardJ24
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
i think halo 3 was the last game in that specific story line. i think theyll come out with some game that is of a halo type but nothing to do with master chief
t8trg8tr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 t8trg8tr
Member since 2008 • 770 Posts

this is a stupid post

haven79

I don't see why it's stupid :|

blujetz1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 blujetz1234
Member since 2004 • 225 Posts

[QUOTE="Jessenator"]Halo 4 has been finished for months but Rumsfeld won't let them release it because it gives away several military secrets and the story line is based around MC finding Bin Laden and learning that George Bush and Bin Laden are the same person.eagles_band

thats not anti-american you ignorant retard supporting Geroge Bush is more anti american than talking about bin laden

agpickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 agpickle
Member since 2006 • 3293 Posts
i think it is in the works but i dont think it will be called "halo 4"
thegame458

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#40 thegame458
Member since 2006 • 1326 Posts
Maybe there is, if so, even though im not a big Halo fan, I would be a little bit happy
j_sound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#41 j_sound
Member since 2007 • 295 Posts

star wars episode six was the end of a so called trilogy and then he went and made three more films so you might not be entirely right about no halo 4 however i doubt they would use that name even if mchief does make it into another gamearmyman455
LMAO, you have no idea how stupid you just sounded. okay the dude that made star wars always was going to make 6 movies, he just started in the middle to keep us guessing who was darth vader, but the books came out before the movies so almost all of us knew who he was. there was never a trilogy in the star wars.

dude theres is never going to be a halo 4. i think halo wars will end all halo games. i doubt there will even be a prequel.